Old 07-17-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Oh, another question: Do slow effects stack? As a Time controller, I have a single-target slow, and also a toggleable slow aura. Is there any point to using the former on something already affected by the latter? I'm curious about both the speed reduction itself, and the increased susceptibility to Immobilize powers.
I suspect they do but now that I have the aura the single-target version seems redundant and Iíll probably unslot it at some point. Iíd ditch it in respec but unfortunately itís a mandatory power.

The aura also acts as a hit debuff.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

I don't use the single-target one much either, except against bosses and very high-level foes, and then mostly on the presumption that it'll help me land my gravy.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:35 PM

Nemesis are my new favorite enemy group. Love their funky uniforms, and that weapon that's like a Blunderbus-Axe. Plus, they are pretty easy for my blaster to solo.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakminster View Post
Nemesis are my new favorite enemy group. Love their funky uniforms, and that weapon that's like a Blunderbus-Axe. Plus, they are pretty easy for my blaster to solo.
Nemesis is/are gloriously over-the-top. My one gripe is that they field more snipers than any army in the history of everything. It seems like every other mission spawn has one, and they see through stealth at ridiculous range--worse, in some rooms. It makes trying to quickly stealth a mission a royal pain.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance View Post
Nemesis is/are gloriously over-the-top. My one gripe is that they field more snipers than any army in the history of everything.

Which is somewhat close to "source material". "Efficiency is one thing, sure, sure, we have to have that I guess, but what I want to know is : is it really cool ? Like, impractically so ?" pretty much sums up the Nazi operative design process .
Old 07-18-2019, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Nemesis is/are gloriously over-the-top. My one gripe is that they field more snipers than any army in the history of everything. It seems like every other mission spawn has one, and they see through stealth at ridiculous range--worse, in some rooms. It makes trying to quickly stealth a mission a royal pain.
I love fighting Nemesis!

I hate Nemesis Snipers as well. It's not the stealth penetration that bothers me (being a Tanker, I want to seen), it's their stubbornness at being taunted. While I'm laying a glorious beating on several squads at once, the Snipers will stay back ineffectually plinking at me. Have to find each one, one by one.

I usually ignore gray mobs while flying about the City, but I take the time to eliminate rooftop Snipers. They get an extreme close-up of my fist.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Charter Member

What, there's another Nazi faction? Aren't the Council and the 5th Column enough?

And is there any reason to use ordinary enhancements, instead of origin, invention, or prestige ones?
Old 07-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
What, there's another Nazi faction?
Not exactly; their roots are in Prussia. They're essentially a WWI army with modern technology.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-18-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
What, there's another Nazi faction? Aren't the Council and the 5th Column enough?
Which faction do you mean? Nemesis is a would-be monarch, not a fascist. He's basically a Spark, bent on building an eternal steampunk empire.
Quote:
And is there any reason to use ordinary enhancements, instead of origin, invention, or prestige ones?
In my opinion, Training and Dual Origin enhancements are generally not much use, and you outlevel them fast. I tend to plow through to about 22 before worrying too much about slotting, although if I happen across an accuracy enhancement I can use, I'll slap it into a power.

At 22, I start slotting a few crucial things. Again, accuracy comes first, because the training wheels start to come off around there, and things get harder to hit. I slot opportunistically, with Inventions from dropped recipes and a few Single Origins to fill in critical gaps.

Around 32 to 35, I start to get serious about enhancements, shifting entirely away from SOs, as IOs become outright superior in that range. (They offer better buffs in addition to not decaying with level.) I also start looking at the long term, shopping for attuned set enhancements that I know I'll want to have at 50. This is where Pine's Hero Designer (an I25 update of the old Mids' planner) sees heavy use, as you can simulate builds with whatever combination of powers and enhancements you want with it.

Last edited by Balance; 07-18-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:20 PM
Charter Member

I haven't encountered any Nemesis yet. I was just going by what others were saying about them.

And I currently have most of my enhancement slots filled with regular enhancements (what I think you're calling the "training" ones; the kind you can buy at just any old shop), and have mostly been able to keep them leveled up using just random drops, but I'm starting (at level 18) to phase in the better ones. It is slightly annoying that you have to just completely discard an enhancement that you don't want any more, instead of selling it off or handing it down to a new character, but I suppose that it cuts down on the natural tendency to hoard.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
And I currently have most of my enhancement slots filled with regular enhancements (what I think you're calling the "training" ones; the kind you can buy at just any old shop), and have mostly been able to keep them leveled up using just random drops, but I'm starting (at level 18) to phase in the better ones. It is slightly annoying that you have to just completely discard an enhancement that you don't want any more, instead of selling it off or handing it down to a new character, but I suppose that it cuts down on the natural tendency to hoard.
My guess is that itís a money (Influence/Infamy) sink to have to completely replace them over time.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Oh, I understand why they're in the game. I'm just questioning why I would have them on my character. When I can make an Invention that boosts damage by 12% and also increases range or something and also lasts forever, why would I ever use something that boosts damage by 6%, doesn't do anything else, and goes obsolete?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
why would I ever use something that boosts damage by 6%, doesn't do anything else, and goes obsolete?
They drop for free and can be combined with higher ranks to stay active whereas IOs need recipes and components, all of which have to be purchased/bartered if you don't have what you need.

The statement that enhancements are permanent is misleading; they can be replaced by dragging a new one over the old one but the old one will be destroyed.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-19-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:

My bad, I was mistaking Nemesis for the Council.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
The statement that enhancements are permanent is misleading; they can be replaced by dragging a new one over the old one but the old one will be destroyed.
Ah, you already knew that.
Quote:
Believe me, you won't need that influence in the long run and you'll get plenty of other drops to hand out.

My first 50 had so much Inf that I'd bring him to lowbie areas and surprise random toons with handouts, a million at a time.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-19-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Oh, and speaking of the Nazi factions, it's incredibly satisfying to suspend one of them in mid-air and then speed-punch them. They rag-doll so nicely. And then they make a little "thud" when they hit the ground.

As an aside, which of the five Origins would be appropriate for an alien like Superman? Part of me thinks Science, but on the other hand, by Kryptonian standards, he's just an ordinary guy, so maybe Natural? And yes, I know that it doesn't actually matter.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
As an aside, which of the five Origins would be appropriate for an alien like Superman? Part of me thinks Science, but on the other hand, by Kryptonian standards, he's just an ordinary guy, so maybe Natural? And yes, I know that it doesn't actually matter.
He's an ordinary guy for his planet of origin so Natural.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:22 PM
Charter Member

Decided to try out a Water Blast/Willpower Sentinel; went through the Galaxy City tutorial and got to Level 7 in ~5 hours. This AT really is a Scrapper with blast powers so all you Blappers should check it out.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-19-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:25 PM

Staff Fighting is a pretty fun set!
Old 07-19-2019, 09:32 PM
Charter Member

Oh, yeah: my Sentinel is "Firekiller", a reprogrammed Clockwork firefighter from Praetoria but the Resistance gave him the choice of staying in Praetoria or use the portal to Primal Earth. He chose the latter.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-19-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:56 AM

I hopped on the Sentinel bandwagon over the weekend. Mine is Josie Wales, Great-great-great-great-grandaughter of The Outlaw Josey Wales. Dual Pistols/Willpower, natural origin. I got in on a DfB, and then a Posi 1 TF, ended up at level 16...without using any of the bonus experience items.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:28 AM

I’ve got a redside tech origin Sentinel with dual pistols and dark armor, goes by the name Trouble Shooter. He’s got a great balance of offense and defense, and pretty much never runs out of Endurance.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Did I miss something? Why is there a Sentinel bandwagon? Is that a new class that just got introduced?

(I'm still in a mentality of "There are tankers, blasters, controllers, scrappers, and minion-guys, oh yeah, and Praetorian equivalents of those").
Old 07-22-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Council were the new kids on the block anyway. Originally you just had 5th Column and then the developers, at some point, got cold feet about the Nazi thing and changed them into Council without the Nazi trappings. Forum gossip was that they did it to get around "No Nazis" stuff in Germany and other markets but the devs denied that it was an issue. A few years after, they got over it all and brought the 5th Column back. Kind of like TSR reacting to the Satanic Panic by changing the demons/devils into "not really demons/devils" in AD&D between 1st and 2nd edition then slipping them back in as devils & demons in later editions.

I remember this because my first "real" character's origin was tied into 5th Column and then I had to add some lame "something something Council" at the end. Was glad when I was able to delete that line. Besides, what's more heroic than Nazi-punching?

Last edited by Jophiel; 07-22-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Did I miss something? Why is there a Sentinel bandwagon? Is that a new class that just got introduced?

(I'm still in a mentality of "There are tankers, blasters, controllers, scrappers, and minion-guys, oh yeah, and Praetorian equivalents of those").
The Sentinel archetype was intended to be in the next issue when the game was shut down, so nobody got to play it before the Homecoming project.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:20 PM

I have yet to level a Sentinel to SO enhancement levels (22+) so I can't speak to the AT's desirability. I do have a few Blasters who have reached that level range, and the new "sustain" powers have made Blasters significantly tougher, although still the most fragile AT.

From reading varying opinions online, I believe we're at a happy spot where Blasters outdamage Sentinels enough to be a viable choice, and Sentinels are tough enough to be worth making if you value the increased durability. Ideal game design would have each choice be viable for different reasons.

While everyone seems to promote the soloability of Sents, I have teamed with a few Sentinels and my impression so far is they're "second-tier Blasters you don't have to protect," which is kind of nice. They do their own thing pretty reliably once slotted up.

I've been trying to concentrate more on one character and get someone to 50, and I've chosen the build I most regretted not spending time on when the game was shut down -- my Storm/Dark Defender. Currently only 40, but finally have a number of key powers slotted up, and I've even managed to score some special IOs to extend my endurance -- and one of the knockback-to-knockdown conversion pieces, which is YUUUUGE in Storm powers. The Stormy Knight has no status protection, but if played dynamically he can solo pretty well. Stuns and holds have to hit you, after all, and between Hurricane's to-hit debuff and all the knockback/knockdown of the set, I don't get hit much IF I am vigorous about making sure to apply the debuff. Storm is all about doing unto others before they can do unto you. I do have a back-up plan of sorts -- if I get my Lightning Storm and Tornado (and to a lesser extent, Freezing Rain) out before I get stunned/slept/held, the enemies often have a hard enough time dealing with the weather that I can wait out the mezz and recover. It's also funny that I can go into the Snipe animation and some enemy helplessly tries to reach me through Hurricane, getting slid backwards repeatedly, until the Snipe goes off in his face a few seconds later.

Last edited by Sailboat; 07-22-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
...and minion-guys?! How dare you forget Defenders, sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboat View Post
I do have a back-up plan of sorts -- if I get my Lightning Storm and Tornado (and to a lesser extent, Freezing Rain) out before I get stunned/slept/held, the enemies often have a hard enough time dealing with the weather that I can wait out the mezz and recover.
Nothing beats a Stormy for sheer chaos control. I think peak chaos is Illusion/Storm, adding Confusion, Phantom Army, and Phantasm's knockback into the mix. Cut loose with all that in a room, and the enemies won't know what hit them (and neither will your team). Storm/Dark is great for stacking the ToHit debuffs, though.

For teamwork, herdicaning is a useful Stormy skill. If you've got a tank, you can run around, pushing stray mobs into the dogpile on the tank with Hurricane and Gale. If no one's tanking, you use similar techniques to pile the mobs into an AoE-friendly corner. It's handy for Dark's minion-melter combo of Tentacles/Night Fall, too.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quoth Jophiel:

Besides, what's more heroic than Nazi-punching?
I believe I answered that in post #216: What's more heroic than Nazi-punching is Nazi-punching at super-speed, while they're suspended in mid-air.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
...and minion-guys?! How dare you forget Defenders, sir!
They're just Controllers with Blaster secondaries.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I believe I answered that in post #216: What's more heroic than Nazi-punching is Nazi-punching at super-speed, while they're suspended in mid-air.
Touchť
Old 07-22-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboat View Post
The Stormy Knight has no status protection, but if played dynamically he can solo pretty well. Stuns and holds have to hit you, after all, and between Hurricane's to-hit debuff and all the knockback/knockdown of the set, I don't get hit much IF I am vigorous about making sure to apply the debuff.
I was silently cursing to myself last night, strongly wanting to put in a "suggestion" that they nerf the hell out of Hurricane on enemy NPCs. Or at the very least, increase the cooldown on it. I was doing the Scroll of Tielekku storyline, wherein the Banished Pantheon are the main enemy group. It seemed like every mission map featured one Storm Shaman after another. I was on a melee character, and quickly discovered that it's basically impossible to land a hit while standing in a Hurricane, so every fight against these guys (and it really felt like it was one after another after another) was primarily a matter of running/leaping to the opposite end of the room every time they cast it, and making them use up the duration fruitlessly chasing me around. Then trying to get in one or two hits after it expires before they immediately fire it up again. I mean, sure, I figured out how to beat Storm Shaman, but a strategy of "Run away! Run away!" gets really tiresome after about the 20th time.

On the subject to ToHit Debuffs, how about Circle of Thorns? I don't know if something is off in the spawn calculations, or if I'm just having really bad luck, but every CoT mission I get seems to be filled wall-to-wall with those ghost/daemon things, and very few of the human CoT mobs. And often, the spawns are close enough together that I end up with six of those things piling on me, and there's just no hope of hitting anything in that situation. I don't remember it being this bad before.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Rik View Post
I was silently cursing to myself last night, strongly wanting to put in a "suggestion" that they nerf the hell out of Hurricane on enemy NPCs. Or at the very least, increase the cooldown on it. I was doing the Scroll of Tielekku storyline, wherein the Banished Pantheon are the main enemy group. It seemed like every mission map featured one Storm Shaman after another. I was on a melee character, and quickly discovered that it's basically impossible to land a hit while standing in a Hurricane, so every fight against these guys (and it really felt like it was one after another after another) was primarily a matter of running/leaping to the opposite end of the room every time they cast it, and making them use up the duration fruitlessly chasing me around. Then trying to get in one or two hits after it expires before they immediately fire it up again. I mean, sure, I figured out how to beat Storm Shaman, but a strategy of "Run away! Run away!" gets really tiresome after about the 20th time.
I did that on my main. Heís got martial arts and has a lot of stuns. As soon as I see a storm shaman I run up to the punk and start pummeling him. The only way I found to beat those hurricanes was to prevent the SOBs from casting them in the first place. Boy do I hate them!
Old 07-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Rik View Post
On the subject to ToHit Debuffs, how about Circle of Thorns? I don't know if something is off in the spawn calculations, or if I'm just having really bad luck, but every CoT mission I get seems to be filled wall-to-wall with those ghost/daemon things, and very few of the human CoT mobs. And often, the spawns are close enough together that I end up with six of those things piling on me, and there's just no hope of hitting anything in that situation. I don't remember it being this bad before.
It's not the ToHit Debuffs of those specters that bother me, it's the Slows. My Tanker was a little short in the attack-chain department, so I'd be standing around waiting for my chance to hit them, while they fail to damage me. Same thing with the Council Marksmen and Crey Scientists with their freeze rays.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleonast View Post
My Tanker was a little short in the attack-chain department,.
Do you have the "prestige powers" (I think that is what they are called) available for free on the P2W vendors? Basically, it's three minor attacks--one of which will do extra damage according to your origin. I usually take Sands of Mu (melee), Nemesis Staff (range + knockback) and either Black Wand (range) or Ghost Slaying Axe (melee, +damage to undead). Those really help in those early levels when you don't have many attacks....
Old 07-23-2019, 11:54 AM
Charter Member

What exactly counts as "undead"? High-level Skuls? Vasilok creations? Circle of Thorns specters? Anything else? They don't seem common enough for a weapon optimized for them to make much sense.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:31 PM

Vahzilok do NOT count as undead, because they are specifically surgical constructs. COT specters DO, and it's very gratifying to whack them with the axe. Ghosts from the Ghost Ship count, and I think there are ghosts in the Rogue Isles too, iirc.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
What exactly counts as "undead"? High-level Skuls? Vasilok creations? Circle of Thorns specters? Anything else? They don't seem common enough for a weapon optimized for them to make much sense.
Here's a wiki on the subject.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
The Axe was originally a temp power for a specific mission with bunch of Cot spectres, IIRC. However, there are enough true undead in some factions for it to be situationally useful, especially if your primary damage types are heavily resisted by them (which mostly means Dark). You may not have run into many of them, because they tend to show up in higher-level groups.

Its bonus works on CoT spectral daemons (all types), Banished Pantheon minions (all the minions are zombies) and Adamastor, Croatoan ghosts, Ghost Ship ghosts, Tsoo ancestor spirits, Halloween undead (ghosts, vampires, zombies, and Eochai's Unseelie spirits), and (partially) on shivans. It works on Diabolique's ghostly flunkies. Redside, it also works on spectral pirates and the Ghost of Scrapyard. It should work on a bunch of ghostly enemies in Night Ward, but I haven't found that documented.

It does not work on Vahzilok; they count more as flesh golems than zombies, because mad science. It also doesn't work on Ghost Widow and a few other things it seems like it should, but it will pop up a big "UNAFFECTED" notice in place of the damage numbers if the extra damage doesn't apply.

All that said, even without the bonus, it does decent Lethal damage for low levels, and its animation time is a little quicker than Sands of Mu, so it's not bad for rounding out an early attack chain. It gets put away sooner than the Nemesis Staff and Blackwand, but Dark characters benefit by keeping it in their back pocket for missions against Pantheon and CoT. (For the same reason, I prioritize getting the Archaeologist Day Job accolade and try to keep charges on its Rune of Purification power.)
Old 07-23-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Do you have the "prestige powers" (I think that is what they are called) available for free on the P2W vendors? Basically, it's three minor attacks--one of which will do extra damage according to your origin. I usually take Sands of Mu (melee), Nemesis Staff (range + knockback) and either Black Wand (range) or Ghost Slaying Axe (melee, +damage to undead). Those really help in those early levels when you don't have many attacks....
Crap I didnít know that the P2W vendors had free stuff. I could use some more attacks on some of my lower level characters. Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I had forgotten about it until I had filled out with my secondary. Although I don't think my tanker would've used them anyway, as I tend to value character concept more than effectiveness.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:39 PM
Charter Member

I'm happy with the Nemesis Staff largely because it looks all clockworky, and so I can cast it without a target whenever I want to be seen to be holding something.

Oh, yeah, and it also gives me another decent ranged attack to add to my rotation, when I'm too far away to speed-punch.

I'm now up to four alts, by the way, and thinking of adding a fifth. After my gravy/time main, my next-most-played is Peskipiksi, a fey spirit who blasts with lightning and ice. So far, flight and long range are enough for keeping her very difficult to kill-- I imagine that eventually, more enemies with extreme range and/or their own flight become more common.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
After my gravy/time main, my next-most-played is Peskipiksi, a fey spirit who blasts with lightning and ice. So far, flight and long range are enough for keeping her very difficult to kill-- I imagine that eventually, more enemies with extreme range and/or their own flight become more common.
Iíve got a fire/fire blaster in the late teens who seems to be made of tissue paper. Like you suspect, flight and long range arenít going to work all the time. Heís a challenge to keep alive but damn he can take out groups of enemies very quickly.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Iíve got a fire/fire blaster in the late teens who seems to be made of tissue paper.
I had drop to the lowest difficulty for my electric/electric so he could solo.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

So, sometimes contacts will offer a choice of missions: Usually, one is a generic "kill X number of faction Y, possibly restricted to zone Z", while the other one is "go to such-and-such warehouse/office/lab, kill all the baddies, and find the hostages/shinies". What are the pros and cons of picking one or the other? If I pick the "kill X of Y", will I eventually get another chance at the office/warehouse/lab one? If I consistently pick the office/warehouse/lab one, will I run out of scripted missions early? Or should I just pick up a mix, so I can keep an eye out for the target faction while I'm on my way to mission locations?
Old 07-23-2019, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

I don't know if it's still viable but I always tried to combine non-restricted "kill x number of faction y" with "go to location z and take care of whatever problem(s) exist(s)" when location z is full of faction y. I've yet to see this opportunity to come up.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-23-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
So, sometimes contacts will offer a choice of missions: Usually, one is a generic "kill X number of faction Y, possibly restricted to zone Z", while the other one is "go to such-and-such warehouse/office/lab, kill all the baddies, and find the hostages/shinies". What are the pros and cons of picking one or the other? If I pick the "kill X of Y", will I eventually get another chance at the office/warehouse/lab one? If I consistently pick the office/warehouse/lab one, will I run out of scripted missions early? Or should I just pick up a mix, so I can keep an eye out for the target faction while I'm on my way to mission locations?
"Kill X of Y" and especially "Kill X of Y in Z minutes" tend to be one-off filler missions when offered as an option. Sometimes they will appear as part of an arc, but the flavor text will generally connect the reason for hunting the faction with a previous mission's story ("Shake down Y for info on this thing you found out" or "Keep Y busy while I try to do something" come up pretty often.)

The door missions are more likely to lead to mission arcs or unique missions with more story, sometimes with badges attached.

I tend to avoid random hunts; there's more than enough content without them, and I'd rather do arcs (both for story and because they give reward merits). However, if you miss arcs and badge missions, they're available in Ouroboros.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:41 PM

Task Forces at 50+4 difficulty generate incredible amounts of experience. I got in on the one in Crimorea--the faux-Roman area yesterday. Started it barely over level 38, finished it just two bubbles short of level 41, and it only took a little over an hour.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

OK, my blaster has four single-target ranged-attack powers that are basically interchangeable: At any given moment, I use whichever one is off cooldown. What I would want is a keybind that would always activate one of them (assuming any is available), chosen arbitrarily from those that are available. My research so far indicates that nobody knows of any way to do this, but I am undeterred: If there is a way, then I will find it, and maybe even if there isn't.

So far, I've got it so my middle mouse button tries one of those four powers in succession, so the first time I click it, it tries Lightning Bolt, then the next time, it tries Blackwand, and so on. So four rapid clicks of the button will always get me something, even if three of them are on cooldown. Now all I need is a way to simulate clicking the button four times in rapid (but not quite instantaneous) succession.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:16 PM
Charter Member

I see a possibility in the 2004 Prima guide. Will try it out and report back.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Okay, slash commands can be used to fire off powers in sequence. I specifically used the /macro command for two powers but it didn't save to a try; further experimentation is needed.

I simply use the top row of the keyboard; my most used attacks are always under 1-6, all of which can be activated in somewhat rapid fashion with my left hand.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-24-2019 at 06:35 PM.