Old 05-23-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
Thanks, though, didn't notice that that building did anything.
And it pretty much doesn't - it costs 50,000 to see the first movie, and unless I'm missing something, all you get for it (after three hours) is 5 Furniture (chairs), which you can get in 30 seconds in Springfield Heights for free. I assume the other movies will also reward with Springfield Heights items.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:00 PM

Fenris, I was checking out your layout. What's that big rock mountain thing you have in your old west town? Is that just a combination of rocks and stuff you can buy in the store?

Also, Duff Gardens, I'm disappointed in the size of the pyramids. And the gnomes aren't animated at all? Makes me rethink whether I want to purchase it. That is if I ever get the option to do so back.

900 TNT to go and I'm done with the prize track. I don't really care about the daily prizes, especially since they're in the store now.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal View Post
Also, Duff Gardens, I'm disappointed in the size of the pyramids. And the gnomes aren't animated at all? Makes me rethink whether I want to purchase it. That is if I ever get the option to do so back.
Gnomes are animated if you click on them. If I had a do-over, I wouldn't get Duff Gardens. I'd get Disco Stu.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
And it pretty much doesn't - it costs 50,000 to see the first movie, and unless I'm missing something, all you get for it (after three hours) is 5 Furniture (chairs), which you can get in 30 seconds in Springfield Heights for free. I assume the other movies will also reward with Springfield Heights items.
Must have been in response to people wanting a way to get Springfield Heights 'currency' without grinding. They made it super expensive though.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Ah, of course, they're all bad puns on movies vs. the collectibles.
The Blair Witch Project = furniture
Casablanca = coffee
Logan's Run = yoga mats
Black Snake Moan = cellphones
Trainspotting = pills I would guess (only one that seems refer to the movie content and not the pun)
Bad Boys (?) - ads
ROTK, Titanic, Ben Hur - Oscars (top 3 movies in Oscar wins)
Old 05-25-2016, 11:18 AM

Duff Gardens hasn't been available for me since it was first introduced. I know I'm not the only one but I want that Lizard Queen Lisa. I did look into opening a case with EA yesterday but their website seemed to send me around in circles without giving me contact info for their support. Sheesh.

And the sound effect for the Part and Parcel building doesn't quite fit. It shouldn't be "beep-bee-beep beep beep" it should be "clack-clacekty clack clack."
Old 05-25-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
It's a way to go beyond the normal 200 item limit on SH items. If that matters to you.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Fenris, I was checking out your layout. What's that big rock mountain thing you have in your old west town? Is that just a combination of rocks and stuff you can buy in the store?
There are a lot of rock formations available as daily prizes for cashing in items at the General Store - is that what you mean?
Old 05-25-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I haven't been keeping complete track of who from SDMB I have on mine, but if he's the same Fenris I have - it looks like the Springfield Gorge.

Still no Duff Gardens...
Old 05-25-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
I haven't been keeping complete track of who from SDMB I have on mine, but if he's the same Fenris I have - it looks like the Springfield Gorge.

Still no Duff Gardens...
Yes, that's it. It looks good in his wild west setup.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of rock formations available as daily prizes for cashing in items at the General Store - is that what you mean?
Yes, that's what I thought it might have been, some configuration of those, but thelurkinghorror identified it as Springfield Gorge. It fits in nicely, but at 250 donuts it's pricey.

Last edited by Personal; 05-25-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
Duff Gardens hasn't been available for me since it was first introduced. I know I'm not the only one but I want that Lizard Queen Lisa. I did look into opening a case with EA yesterday but their website seemed to send me around in circles without giving me contact info for their support. Sheesh.
The EA forums mentioned this, that there have been support problems. So many people are missing it they almost have to re-release it, but sometimes they're dinks.

I might have gotten it. I have the donuts and it seems funny. Oh well. Most things come around again. I think just about everything has returned. Maybe not Kumiko.

I forgot about the premium Lisa skin. That helps sell it to me. Not that I need the IGC desperately but it's something.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:01 AM

So once you get to Carlsdad Caverns, what's the incentive to keep doing the old west tasks? I am still putting the characters on them but I can't see what I'll get out of it, other than grinding out for the daily prizes until I get the donuts.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
...other than grinding out for the daily prizes until I get the donuts.
I think that's pretty much it. You can also trade in additional collected items for more rocks and stuff in the store.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:41 PM

I've got plenty of rocks. ;-)
Old 05-31-2016, 08:40 PM

Well, this event is over and I think it is only one of a handful that I actually completed all the way through. Usually I miss out on the last couple of items.

According to TSOaddicts there should be a new event pretty soon.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:14 PM

It was kind of odd, I got a daily task at the saloon this morning but I couldn't put anyone on it since the event expired. There's an update to download at the store now and after I put that on I got a different task for Mr. Burns.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:32 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunky Smurf View Post
Well, this event is over and I think it is only one of a handful that I actually completed all the way through. Usually I miss out on the last couple of items.

According to TSOaddicts there should be a new event pretty soon.
I missed the last item of each act.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
I missed the last item of each act.
That makes two of us. I think I missed the next-to-last item of Act 2 as well, as I realized I wasn't going to get the last item and wanted to save up for Act 3.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:47 PM

The only way I got through this one was tapping all the bandits in the morning before work. Again right when I got home from work and again 4 hours later that night.

I actually got the last prize when there was still 3 days left so I probably could have scaled back on some of the tapping.

I normally don't do the morning thing.

Hey is this happening to anyone else.

I hit lvl 61 and got the message about it being the last level but I'm still leveling up. I'm up to 69 and the XP from level to level has stayed the same at 40,000 and then I get a donut and level up.

I'm not complaining because free donuts but I thought it was supposed to stop at 61.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:56 PM

Ok, I looked into it and apparently the fast leveling and free donut is a planned thing. Total of 939 levels. Damn. 40,000 XP until level 100 then 500,000 XP for levels 101-939.

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Experience
Old 06-02-2016, 08:53 AM

New update. Chili cookoff.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:07 PM

And the gay Steel Mill is finally back. I missed it the first time around and have been hoarding donuts waiting for it's return. Finally got it. YAY
Old 06-02-2016, 03:16 PM

I might get the gay steel mill but I'm still holding out on Duff Gardens. I have just over 200 donuts right now and I don't want to miss out on Lizard Queen Lisa. Oh, but the steel mill looks fabulous though...
Old 06-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

Devil Flanders is, well, tempting.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:14 PM

It's only a two week event. Hopefully the next one will be longer.

I like that they made the time for the people to get the chili only three hours. If I stay up a little late I can get in two rounds in the evenings.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:11 PM

I was reading up on the event at TSOaddicts and they mentioned that something is going to happen if you buy donuts, if you are so inclined, tomorrow.

They say:

Quote:
Note: If you’re thinking about buying donuts…wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow, June 3rd, is donuts day! So hold off on buying donuts until you see what’s coming tomorrow. Thanks to LPN for pointing this out. I saw the dates in the files, but for some reason thought today was the 3rd. So when nothing triggered I figured it was just incorrect coding.

They also say to plant corn now.

Quote:
Quick tip for y’all….Grow Corn! As in, start it right now. Before you complete Part 2 of It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Humidity…where you unlock the ability to grow Peppers at Cletus’ Farm, start growing Corn. And turn on your XP Collider (if you’re someone who uses it)

Once you complete Part 2 of It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Humidity the corn will Auto-Complete for you.

This will ONLY work if you start growing corn prior to completing part 2.

I can confirm, this works. I sacrificed some donuts in my game to test.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:30 AM

You get 15 donuts if you play today, and some deals on lower end donut buys.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:32 AM

Anyone having trouble logging in?

Worked fine early this morning but getting the dead server message.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:52 AM

With the free donuts, I pulled the trigger on the steel mill. The character also does the pepper tasks, so that's nice.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:07 AM

Got a free donut at Dunkin Donuts when I stopped for coffee on the way to the office.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:16 AM

If it wasn't pink frosting with sprinkles, just lie to us and say it was
Old 06-03-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
If it wasn't pink frosting with sprinkles, just lie to us and say it was
Funny you say that because that's exactly what I asked for because just fifteen minutes earlier I had logged in and got the 15 free ones from the game. I haven't opened the bag yet to see if that's what I got, but the drive thru cashier didn't bat an eye and gave me a big smile when she gave it to me.

ETA: Yep, I got a yeast donut with pink frosting. It's gonna be a good day.

Last edited by Personal; 06-03-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
Anyone having trouble logging in?

Worked fine early this morning but getting the dead server message.
I was able to log in at 6AM Pacific time.

Yeah the free donuts were nice.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:

They also say to plant corn now.
Quote:
Quick tip for y’all….Grow Corn! As in, start it right now. Before you complete Part 2 of It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Humidity…where you unlock the ability to grow Peppers at Cletus’ Farm, start growing Corn. And turn on your XP Collider (if you’re someone who uses it)

Once you complete Part 2 of It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Humidity the corn will Auto-Complete for you.

This will ONLY work if you start growing corn prior to completing part 2.

I can confirm, this works. I sacrificed some donuts in my game to test.
I just did this. I need 40 peppers to complete Part 2 and I am at 26 now. I had all my pepper producing people participating in the pepper production at the farm, so I stashed that place into storage to pardon them from that process and then re-placed the plantation. In theory, I'll have a big payout in 3 hours.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:22 AM

Yeah, I started Part 2 last night and it should finish this evening. I did plant the corn last night too.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:51 PM

The prizes for this event are rather underwhelming. I see nothing in the prize trek that I care about. Maybe there will be more to it.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:31 PM

It's ok for a mini event. I'm going through it fairly fast so I can take a break before the next big grinding event.

Rumor has it Duff Gardens comes back in a few days for those of us who missed it.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:41 AM

Where's my Duff Gardens?

https://frinkiac.com/gif/S04E17/3521...dhcmRlbnM_IA==
Old 06-06-2016, 10:11 AM

Does anyone know if the Professor Frink stonecutter outfit was a limited time thing? I have Professor Frink, but don't see a way to get his stonecutter getup.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:27 PM

During the Stonecutter event I won a Stonecutter skin for Arnie Pye, but I didn't get Pye the character until at least a year after the event. The skin just sat in my inventory until I bought him.

Right now I have a Baseball Jasper skin and a Boxing Drederick Tatum skin in my inventory, but I have neither character.

I bought Frink well after the Stonecutter event, but I have no skin for him. Nor have I had the opportunity to get one.

My guess is the Stonecutter skins were one-time prizes.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:31 PM

Googling a bit, it looks like it was a 12 donut purchase during the stonecutter event and some of the other stonecutter skins were prizes. Oh well, maybe it will be recycled at some point.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:39 PM

Frink's costume (Number 314, because of course he is) was apparently a premium purchase for 12 donuts. It wasn't available for purchase unless you have him. I have it but I can't imagine I willingly paid for that as he is already premium. Maybe it was packaged with him? It was also sold during Black Friday (40 donuts).

Disco Stu and Jasper costumes are also sitting in my inventory. Except for Frink, the other Stonecutter costumes were unlocked through the questline, so you could still earn them early. Pretty much all of the Stonecutter costumes are identical, except Homer, Krusty, Wiggum, and the alien, who all get a drink & sing job instead of an non-animated nap one.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:44 PM

Well I just finished the chili cook-off event. Pretty mild as events go and the prizes aren't so great.

But don't give up there is a Super-Happy-Extra-Double-Fun-Exciting Game afterwards. You get to play in "Insanity Mode"!!!!!!!!!.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Well I just finished the chili cook-off event. Pretty mild as events go and the prizes aren't so great.
pun intended?
Old 06-08-2016, 02:08 PM

No. But good catch.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:09 AM

The Insanity Mode game is, I guess, kind of neat. The prizes are a little wanting at this point, but it has potential.

Still no Duff Gardens. I was sitting on some doughnuts waiting for it, but I got impatient so I bought the Ajax Steel building and the Golf Pro devil building. I'm happy with both. I still have some doughnuts in reserve -- not enough for Duff Gardens if it reappears, but a large enough base to build on quickly if needed.

I don't understand why anyone would ever play a movie at the Googolplex (other than to complete a qeust) and pay that kind of money for a few chairs or drugs or beach towels.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:38 PM

I got Duff Gardens yesterday, it was there in the build menu so EA is working it back in though I don't know how it's being pushed out. You can send some Springfielders on 5 minute quests there for prizes. So far I got two beerquariums (only is really needed, but it looks nice), beer can pyramid, and a handful of Bavarian beer gnomes, whatever those things are called.

I'm playing movies at the googleplex, I am at 725,685,5000 so I'll keep making Springfield Heights crap until I get Billionaire Haven. I've been holding off at placing more buildings because the area is getting cluttered and the procurement method is such a PITA. At some point, maybe I'll just place some buildings, upgrade them, and then stash them.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:05 PM

The springfield heights buildings give you some sort of xp percentage boost, but I'm a little unclear on the whole thing. I hope you don't need the add-ons and accessories, because I don't have most of those put out.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:34 PM

Well I'll be danged:

https://tstoaddicts.com/2015/09/03/s...er/#more-30507

I did not know that.