Old 11-07-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorhinge View Post
Yes, trucks have been as deadly as any firearm. The result of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing killed 168 people, injured more than 680 others, and destroyed one-third of the building. The blast destroyed or damaged 324 other buildings within a 16-block radius, shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings, and destroyed or burned 86 cars. According to Wiki.

Guns and trucks don't kill people. People kill people.
And again, they passed regulations to make this form of attack harder (along with flying planes into buildings). Thanks for showing that we should pass regulation to make it harder for people to use guns to commit mass murders.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galen ubal View Post
Which has no correlation to murder rates...
Quote:
But if we do look for now at correlation, it seems to me that the key question should focus on state total homicide rates, or perhaps (for reasons I describe below) total intentional homicide plus accidental gun death rates. And it turns out that there is essentially zero correlation between these numbers and state gun laws.
Sorry, the problems behind these instances cannot be reduced to a neat sound bite.

Last edited by Doctor Jackson; 11-07-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Perhaps I missed seeing it anywhere here on the SD forums, but it bears repeating that a neighbor with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle put an end to the mass murder event. Funny how the popular media (and most posters here on SDMB) wants to gloss over the fact that an armed neighbor shot the church murderer, stopping further murders. It would have been better, of course, had he reacted faster, but better late than never. A good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun, using a gun that the gun control crowd wants to ban.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
Perhaps I missed seeing it anywhere here on the SD forums, but it bears repeating that a neighbor with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle put an end to the mass murder event. Funny how the popular media (and most posters here on SDMB) wants to gloss over the fact that an armed neighbor shot the church murderer, stopping further murders. It would have been better, of course, had he reacted faster, but better late than never. A good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun, using a gun that the gun control crowd wants to ban.
It's been discussed, the reason it's not been discussed more is because reality doesn't match your version. Consider

A) The shooter had already left the church before he was confronted by the neighbor, suggesting that his spree was likely already over,
B) The neighbor shot the guy twice but he didn't actually, you know, die until he shot himself in the head

It's not the worse "good guy with a gun story" I've heard, but it's not the best, either. Reality never plays out quite as well as the fantasies. Everyone inside that church would have been better off if neither of those AR-15s existed.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Pssst - Post #100
Old 11-07-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Pssst - Post #100
I've seen it in multiple spots on this forum along with a ton of mainstream media coverage. I guess until the "good guy with a gun" is the headline instead of "another mass murder due to guns", it's all liberal bias.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
A good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun, using a gun that the gun control crowd wants to ban.
Had the gun control crowd had their way, the BAD GUY would not have had a gun, either, and there would be no need of the post-hoc good guy. And dozens of people wouldn't be dead.

Last edited by TimeWinder; 11-07-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Yeah, I realized I was wrong about the background check and posted a correction.

It is only harder if you consider waiting for a background check to be "hard"
OK, lets expand on that. The purpose of the background check is to screen out the obvious. It's hard for those who aren't supposed to be able to purchase a gun. It's not meant to be hard for those who can legitimately purchase one. For people with a CCW license there is a required safety course to obtain the license.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeWinder View Post
Had the gun control crowd had their way, the BAD GUY would not have had a gun, either, and there would be no need of the post-hoc good guy. And dozens of people wouldn't be dead.
This is patently absurd. At best you would have a law abiding citizen without a gun. But unless you have a solution to the heroin problem you don't have a method for removing guns. On top of that there is no evidence you can produce that the killer couldn't have killed those people using other methods.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
It's been discussed, the reason it's not been discussed more is because reality doesn't match your version. Consider

A) The shooter had already left the church before he was confronted by the neighbor, suggesting that his spree was likely already over,
B) The neighbor shot the guy twice but he didn't actually, you know, die until he shot himself in the head

It's not the worse "good guy with a gun story" I've heard, but it's not the best, either. Reality never plays out quite as well as the fantasies. Everyone inside that church would have been better off if neither of those AR-15s existed.
The reports I've read seem to indicate that both shots were severe wounds, and they possibly, you know, resulted in the murderer losing control of his truck in a pretty significant accident. That he shot himself in the head is certainly a bonus all-around.

You seem pretty sure the shooter had wrapped up his day and was going home to enjoy a nice, cold beer rather than, you know, continuing to shoot other people in other locations.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeWinder View Post
He wouldn't have? Nobody ever gets their hands on guns where they are illegal? Or nobody who is disallowed ever uses guns to kill people? So that's why we have no illegal drug use in this country!! Huh.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Post shortened, emphasis added, eyes rolled.
Another mass murderer found a way to commit mass murder.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
And again, they passed regulations to make this form of attack harder (along with flying planes into buildings). Thanks for showing that we should pass regulation to make it harder for people to use guns to commit mass murders.
And trucks are still being used by mass murderers to commit mass murder.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
The reports I've read seem to indicate that both shots were severe wounds, and they possibly, you know, resulted in the murderer losing control of his truck in a pretty significant accident. That he shot himself in the head is certainly a bonus all-around.
Sure, possibly. Not exactly a slam dunk.

Quote:
You seem pretty sure the shooter had wrapped up his day and was going home to enjoy a nice, cold beer rather than, you know, continuing to shoot other people in other locations.
I'm not sure of anything, in fact (check's post), yep, I said the fact that he had left "suggested" the spree was over. Not my strongest endorsement. You, however...

Quote:
it bears repeating that a neighbor with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle put an end to the mass murder event.
Quote:
A good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun
No hesitation in your own post.

All I'm saying is that [possibly] stopping a mass shooting spree 450 rounds in, after everyone in the building had already been hit and the shooter left isn't exactly a stellar example of your point.

Last edited by steronz; 11-07-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Another mass murderer found a way to commit mass murder.
I know, and he used a truck. Can you believe it? That's why we all refer to it as the Oklahoma City trucking of 1995.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:

No hesitation in your own post.

All I'm saying is that [possibly] stopping a mass shooting spree 450 rounds in, after everyone in the building had already been hit and the shooter left isn't exactly a stellar example of your point.
I admit it would have been better if someone in the church had shot him sooner, and given that it was in Texas, I'm a little surprised if that didn't happen. But, apparently, the guy was wearing body armor, which would have given him a fair amount of protection from most handgun shots.

I still say that it is not reasonable to assume that the shooter was done killing people when he left the church.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiver View Post
OK, lets expand on that. The purpose of the background check is to screen out the obvious. It's hard for those who aren't supposed to be able to purchase a gun. It's not meant to be hard for those who can legitimately purchase one. For people with a CCW license there is a required safety course to obtain the license.
Filling out a form and waiting for a background check is not in my definition of "hard"

And we weren't talking about a CCW license, we were talking about purchasing a gun.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Filling out a form and waiting for a background check is not in my definition of "hard".
And paying a fee for the background check. And all of that has to be done even if you just did it the week before. Trying hard to think of other constitutional rights that require background checks, forms and fees, and coming up empty.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
And paying a fee for the background check. And all of that has to be done even if you just did it the week before. Trying hard to think of other constitutional rights that require background checks, forms and fees, and coming up empty.
If you don't want to do that, just go to a gun show, and then you don't need a fee or a background check. Seems pretty easy to me.

Plus, filling out a form is not "hard" no matter how onerous you think it might be.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I admit it would have been better if someone in the church had shot him sooner, and given that it was in Texas, I'm a little surprised if that didn't happen. But, apparently, the guy was wearing body armor, which would have given him a fair amount of protection from most handgun shots.
Sure, I'll admit that the fantasy is always better than the reality too. The shooters generally show up better prepared, more guns, more ammo, body armor, and are ready to kill. In every way they have the upper hand. Sometimes a good guy with a gun has improved the outcome, but it's just not a workable strategy for preventing mass shootings. And in this case the reason we're not talking about it isn't because we're unwilling to admit that a good guy saved the day, but because the facts don't support that conclusion.

Quote:
I still say that it is not reasonable to assume that the shooter was done killing people when he left the church.
You and I are just going to have different definitions of what's reasonable then. Per reports, there were 15 empty 30 round magazines in the church. How much ammo do you think this guy was carrying? What does 450 rounds weigh? He dropped his AR when he fled, probably because he had nothing left for it. All indications suggest that it was already over. I can't say for sure he wasn't going to shoot anyone, hell, there's a good chance that he was mad his in-laws weren't there and was going to go hunt them down with his sidearm, but it's reasonable to think that the bulk of the shooting had already ended by the time the neighbor showed up.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I know, and he used a truck. Can you believe it? That's why we all refer to it as the Oklahoma City trucking of 1995.
(underline added)

Who is this "we" you are referring to?

I have noticed that mass murderers do not limit themselves to your weapon of choice. The one thing that all mass murderers do seem to have in common is their willingness to commit mass murder.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Trying hard to think of other constitutional rights that require background checks, forms and fees, and coming up empty.
The 26th Amendment made it possible for people who were 18 to vote. Yet, I had to register to vote by filling out an onerous form! And in some states, I need an ID to vote! It's very hard to vote. Much easier to buy a truck.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
If you don't want to do that, just go to a gun show, and then you don't need a fee or a background check. Seems pretty easy to me.

Plus, filling out a form is not "hard" no matter how onerous you think it might be.
I've been to many gun shows and even bought a few guns there. I had to fill out the forms, have background checks and pay the fees every time. You are referring to person-to-person individual sales, which sometimes don't require background checks etc., depending on the state and type of gun. There is no "gun show loophole" that I've ever seen.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
(underline added)

Who is this "we" you are referring to?

I have noticed that mass murderers do not limit themselves to your weapon of choice. The one thing that all mass murderers do seem to have in common is their willingness to commit mass murder.
(underline added)

What a stunning observation. What other tautologies can you tell us about? The one thing all grounds keepers do seem to have in common is their willingness to keep grounds. The one thing all basketball players have in common is their willingness to play basketball.

Now that we've got such brilliant observations under our belt, would you care to explain why you brought up a bombing in response to a post about truck/car attacks? Is it clever to point out that the bomb was transported in a truck?
Old 11-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sure, I'll admit that the fantasy is always better than the reality too. The shooters generally show up better prepared, more guns, more ammo, body armor, and are ready to kill. In every way they have the upper hand. Sometimes a good guy with a gun has improved the outcome, but it's just not a workable strategy for preventing mass shootings. And in this case the reason we're not talking about it isn't because we're unwilling to admit that a good guy saved the day, but because the facts don't support that conclusion.

You and I are just going to have different definitions of what's reasonable then. Per reports, there were 15 empty 30 round magazines in the church. How much ammo do you think this guy was carrying? What does 450 rounds weigh? He dropped his AR when he fled, probably because he had nothing left for it. All indications suggest that it was already over. I can't say for sure he wasn't going to shoot anyone, hell, there's a good chance that he was mad his in-laws weren't there and was going to go hunt them down with his sidearm, but it's reasonable to think that the bulk of the shooting had already ended by the time the neighbor showed up.
All the stories I've seen is he dropped it in response to being hit twice(three?) by the neighbor. I haven't seen mentioned if he had more ammo in his truck but he did still have two handguns when he fled.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I can't say for sure he wasn't going to shoot anyone, hell, there's a good chance that he was mad his in-laws weren't there and was going to go hunt them down with his sidearm, but it's reasonable to think that the bulk of the shooting had already ended by the time the neighbor showed up.
I wouldn't disagree with your assessment except he was a nutjob. He was mad at the world, thought religious people were stupid and somehow linked it all to his mother inlaw. If I were to make a SWAG, I'd say he was unhappy and despised people who were happy with their god. His MIL said something to drive home that point.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
It appears that his in-laws were part of his motivation. At the very least, it's not hard to think he would have continued to go after them. But who really knows? I think using the term "reasonable" is out of place regarding this guy, no matter who says it.

The guy had been drummed out of the military, had a history of domestic violence, had apparently escaped from a mental health center and had sent threatening text messages to his mother-in-law. The guy was a powder keg ready to blow.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
At best you would have a law abiding citizen without a gun. But unless you have a solution to the heroin problem you don't have a method for removing guns. On top of that there is no evidence you can produce that the killer couldn't have killed those people using other methods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
He spent 12 months in a military prison for assaulting his then-wife and stepson and received a bad-conduct discharge.
He was charged with animal cruelty on suspicion of beating a dog.
<snip>
Kelley initially faced multiple charges in his 2012 court-martial, according to records CNN reviewed. He was originally charged with assault and battery against his spouse, aggravated assault against his stepson and four charges involving firearms, including two of pointing a loaded firearm at his wife and two of pointing an unloaded firearm.
The firearms charges were dropped before trial as a result of an agreement in which Kelley pleaded guilty to the aggravated assault against the child and the assault against his wife.
As part of his plea, Kelley admitted to hitting his stepson on the head and body "with a force likely to produce death or grievous bodily harm." The injuries fractured the young boy's skull and caused internal bleeding, Christensen told CNN.
Kelley also admitted to hitting and kicking his wife repeatedly, choking her and pulling her hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTimes
The gunman who killed 26 people in a rural Texas church on Sunday escaped from a psychiatric hospital while he was in the Air Force, after making death threats against his superiors and trying to smuggle weapons onto the base where he was stationed, a 2012 police report shows.

The police took the man, Devin P. Kelley, into custody at a bus station in downtown El Paso, where he apparently planned to flee on a bus after escaping from Peak Behavioral Health Services, a hospital a few miles away in Santa Teresa, N.M. He was sent there after being charged in a military court with assaulting his wife and baby stepson, charges he later pleaded guilty to.

The report filed by the El Paso officers says that the person who reported Mr. Kelley missing from the hospital advised them that he “suffered from mental disorders,” and that he “was attempting to carry out death threats” against “his military chain of command.” The man “was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking firearms onto Holloman Air Force Base,”
I think we have different definitions of "law abiding"
Old 11-07-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
No I'm not basically saying that and I already posted some suggestions.

Yes. And again, I addressed that issue although in a "read between the lines" manner. If you don't address root causes then the solution is a waste of time and money.

I'll give you a simple example, We spend billions on security systems for airports that don't work. They don't address human behavior. The Israelis use an interviewing system done in layers that focuses directly on human behavior.
Serious curious question to anybody, what are the Israeli gun laws like?
Old 11-07-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Do you know how guns get to gun stores where would-be murderers can buy them? By truck! Therefore, every shooting was a trucking first.
Muad'Dib - DAMN YOU BRYAN EKERS !!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2017, 08:00 PM

Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Thoughts View Post
This is a warning for you for being a jerk/trolling.
I am reversing this warning as it turns out it wasn't trolling as I thought it was, but a reference to a show I've never seen.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I think Magiver was referring to the “good guy with a gun”, who shot at Kelley, as the “law abiding” citizen. Though, shooting at people is generally not abiding by the law, in and of itself, and can result in other problems, which is why it is usually discouraged. When there is a “good guy” with a gun facing a “bad guy” with a gun (whichever is which), seems like the best place to be is somewhere else, out of range or behind very thick things.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I believe you are proving his point. Someone intent on murder, especially mass murder, does not care about laws. Gun laws only impact law-abiding people, not criminals.

The Air Force is admitting it didn't notify the FBI about the shooter's domestic violence and other misdeeds.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I don't understand your point. He wasn't a law abiding citizen and his military record was not forwarded to the ban list that would have prevented the sale of the guns he bought.

Really, what point are you trying to make? `
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I don't understand your point. He wasn't a law abiding citizen and his military record was not forwarded to the ban list that would have prevented the sale of the guns he bought.

Really, what point are you trying to make? `
You were calling a murderer a "law abiding citizen" & I call Bullshit. You have one guy who shoots up a house of worship, killing 26 & injuring many more by shooting 450 rounds. Then you have another guy, a private citizen, who shows up, gets into a gun battle with someone dressed in body armor; was he sure this was the gunman & not a LEO SWAT officer before pulling the trigger? He then talks a stranger into a reckless (95 mph, swerving around other traffic) pursuit. He was in no danger, yet he chases a guy, only to pull his gun again when he catches up to him. What if the autopsies reveal he missed with one of his shots & it was his gun which killed one of the people in the church? What if they had an accident & killed someone in their pursuit? Where I live, one can use deadly force to defend oneself; he went far beyond that. He's a vigilante who should be facing a whole list of charges.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
What a stunning observation.

Stunning to whom? You?

I have noticed that mass murderers do not limit themselves to one type of weapon. The one thing that all mass murderers do seem to have in common is their willingness to commit mass murder. The choice of weapon is theirs. If you did have the votes to ban all firearms, which you don't, you still haven't addressed the issue of how to stop mass murders from committing mass murder. What you would have done is to prevent U.S. residents from defending themselves with firearms.

Was this particular Texas church a designated gun-free zone?

Did this mass murdering monster know if his in-laws had firearms at their home? Would the monster have known whether his in-laws knew how to effectively use firearms?

There are still so many questions that should be answered.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I believe you are proving his point. Someone intent on murder, especially mass murder, does not care about laws. Gun laws only impact law-abiding people, not criminals.

The Air Force is admitting it didn't notify the FBI about the shooter's domestic violence and other misdeeds.
He had previously escaped from a mental hospital and should not have been allow to buy guns. He had been caught sneaking weapons onto an Air Force base and making death threats toward command.

His domestic violence record alone should have barred him under Texas law from buying a gun.

The Air Force acknowledged Monday it did not appropriately relay Kelley's court-martial conviction for domestic assault to civilian law enforcement, preventing it from appearing in three databases, including the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

The Air Force dropped the ball here. There are several laws in place that would have kept guns out of this guys hands. He is a nut job, as are most or all mass shooters.

The only purpose of more gun restrictions is to remove them from the hands of law abiding citizens. Gun control proponents should just be honest in stating their goal, to disarm the US.

Excerpts in the above post are from that bastion of NRA propaganda CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/dev...ect/index.html
Old 11-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Jones View Post
The Air Force dropped the ball here. There are several laws in place that would have kept guns out of this guys hands.
He would not have legally been able to buy or own guns, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have gotten them illegally. Given the number of prohibited people caught with guns, it's not much of a stretch to think he would have acquired them illegally. Or used other means to kill lots of people.

Quote:
The only purpose of more gun restrictions is to remove them from the hands of law abiding citizens. Gun control proponents should just be honest in stating their goal, to disarm the US.
I think a lot of gun control advocates want exactly that. Others, however, want "reasonable" restrictions that will somehow magically weed out criminals. It's all nonsense. Cocaine, heroin and marijuana have been illegal for decades, yet none are hard to get and thousands of people are caught with them every day.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:41 PM

Oh boy, another gundamentalists v. gungrabbers debate. Just exactly what this thread was started for. What fun.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
He would not have legally been able to buy or own guns, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have gotten them illegally. Given the number of prohibited people caught with guns, it's not much of a stretch to think he would have acquired them illegally. Or used other means to kill lots of people.

I think a lot of gun control advocates want exactly that. Others, however, want "reasonable" restrictions that will somehow magically weed out criminals. It's all nonsense. Cocaine, heroin and marijuana have been illegal for decades, yet none are hard to get and thousands of people are caught with them every day.
So youre saying we shouldnt even try to make our world a safer place, just because some would choose to not abide those attemps?

mc
Old 11-08-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecurtis View Post
So youre saying we shouldnt even try to make our world a safer place, just because some would choose to not abide those attemps?

mc
No, you use laws and prisons to punish people who harm others. You don't pass laws and regulations that restrict law-abiding people from doing things that cause no harm to others. I'll put aside the constitutional argument for a second, because I would apply this general rule to everything, from drugs to sex to speeding to guns. I don't care what people do so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else or infringe on anyone else's rights.

Murder is illegal because it harms others (obviously). Who cares what implement is used?
Old 11-08-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
No, you use laws and prisons to punish people who harm others. You don't pass laws and regulations that restrict law-abiding people from doing things that cause no harm to others.
Yes, you do. There are tons of such laws, the most typically encountered being speed limits.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I've been to many gun shows and even bought a few guns there. I had to fill out the forms, have background checks and pay the fees every time. You are referring to person-to-person individual sales, which sometimes don't require background checks etc., depending on the state and type of gun. There is no "gun show loophole" that I've ever seen.
So it's possible to legally purchase a gun without a background check or forms to fill out? Wow! That's really hard. Much harder than purchasing a truck.

Last edited by manson1972; 11-08-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown01 View Post
Yes, you do. There are tons of such laws, the most typically encountered being speed limits.
I'll give you one guess what I think about speed limits.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
So it's possible to legally purchase a gun without a background check or forms to fill out? Wow! That's really hard. Much harder than purchasing a truck.
It's possible, but is pretty rare. You should really think about doing something about your obsession with buying trucks.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:

. . . Who cares what implement is used?
Myself and a growing number (some would say, majority) of the population.

mc
Old 11-08-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown01 View Post
Speed limits are not a form of punishment, they are an invocation of “don’t be a jerk”.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
What if the autopsies reveal he missed with one of his shots & it was his gun which killed one of the people in the church? What if they had an accident & killed someone in their pursuit? Where I live, one can use deadly force to defend oneself; he went far beyond that. He's a vigilante who should be facing a whole list of charges.
What if the autopsy included 30 more people.

What if he shot YOUR family dead after you dialed 911 waiting for the police to arrive?

See how that works? We can do the what if game all day long.

In reality what DID happen was that a private citizen stopped a mad man from killing more people including his MIL who was not present at the church.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
It's possible, but is pretty rare. You should really think about doing something about your obsession with buying trucks.
I don't think it's that rare at all. I have no obsession with trucks. Just a response to the poster who said it was easier to buy a truck than a gun.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Speed limits are not a form of punishment, they are an invocation of “don’t be a jerk”.
Background checks are not a form of punishment, they are an invocation of "don't be a crazy psycho criminal"