Old 02-26-2020, 09:51 AM

Well that was easy. He was sleeping in my bedroom. my son set the crate in my bed and held onto it, I scooped Adam up and pushed him in. Very quick and easy.
Now he is meowing his fool head off, but it sounds sad, not angry.
I'm going to get there about 15 minutes ahead of the appoinment, I hope we can get in early.
My son is getting ready so he can carry him out for me. He is a damn heavy cat.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
My son is getting ready so he can carry him out for me. He is a damn heavy cat.
Adam, heavy cat.

Whadja expect, it's right there in his name?
Old 02-26-2020, 10:50 AM

My previous cat hated carriers so much we'd take him to vet appointments on a harness and leash, which he found more acceptable. Usually worked out fine.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Rat, you gotta take a trip towards Philly; we gotta get you a real Hoagie, like from Lee's; soooo much better than anything from JJ or Joisey Mike's.
Have you tried Firehouse Subs? They're quite good, but spendy. But then I've never been to Philly, so what do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom;22159798[B
Nettie [/B]- I'm not much for dark chocolate, tho it's OK in small doses. I prefer a good milk chocolate, thanks.
You can just send that dark chocolate over here. I'll dispose of it.

Well, gotta get washed and dressed. I'm due at the horsepistol in about 45 minutes to talk to my cardiologists PA. That's okay. They have a really good cafeteria.

Y'all have a good.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:29 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Back from Wiggle Giggle. Roxy was properly worn out and she's napping now. I'm finishing up some chickie salad in a tortilla. Time to make some dinner decisions. Pizza?
Old 02-26-2020, 11:44 AM

Well, been out in the rainy, 44F weather and did all that needed to be done, so I'll be a housebound rat the rest of the day (outside of getting the mail).

Bumba, for some reason Firehouse has never appealed to me. I am a one-sub kind of guy (ham and cheese, lettuce tomato, mayo and pickle only). May look at them, they have a couple locations nearby.

flyboy, I don't know how to cook either; hope the Asian stuff comes out alright.

swampy, happy Ashes.

Mooooommm, Amazon really does have everything: https://www.amazon.com/Radculture-In.../dp/B07LBV9YBL Contemplating getting one.

Take care all.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:19 PM

Howdy everyone!

Word of the day is shade. Projecting 96F today.

But tonight the movie club is showing Parasite. They always have a food pairing. So, it is a Korean dish. We don't get that everyday here. Awaken taste buds!

A happy hump to all!
Old 02-26-2020, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
flyboy, I don't know how to cook either; hope the Asian stuff comes out alright.
Nothing has been decided. I can cook, but I can't do all of the cooking! I just emailed the team with some suggestions. One is a Subway theme. That would be easy for the three non-cookers. Just buy meats and cheeses, make tuna salad, chop/slice vegetables, etc. We could present it by making an assembly line and serving our cow-orkers like they were at Subway. I don't want to pay for a costume, though.

Another suggestion was BBQ. There are heat-and-eat BBQ pork ribs that are pretty good. I think the ladies can handle that. I could do pulled pork, but I'd have to cook it the day before and reheat it in the orifice because it takes six or eight hours. Coleslaw is easy. Open a couple of bags of slaw, and mix in a couple of jars of dressing. Chips, potato salad...
Old 02-26-2020, 02:22 PM

Happy hump afternoon. I slept very late. Yay!

My Siamese will crate up on command. How I accomplished that trick, I'll never know.
Of course as soon as you lock 'em in the term 'Devil in a box' comes to mind. It's very hard to be in a vehicle with the 2 of them doing the 'Siamese howl'. Deafening.

On my agenda today is: bathroom cleaning and getting my extra bedrooms aired out and ready. This weekend my Mid-daughter and her kids will be here. My Sister is coming Sunday. They'll stay in the house next week while I'm in the horsepital. The lil'wrekker and her boyfriend will be here too.
I don't know, but that many people in my house and I'm not there seems odd. Ah, well.
I'll worry about that some other day.
Well, I must get to work.

Y'all have a good day.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 02-26-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:32 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Roxy napped for 3 anna half hours! She's now noshing on grilled cheese with a side of pineapple chunks. It'll tide her over till we go out for Chinese, because I don't feel like cooking tonight.

SIL has been informed that he's got Roxy duty tomorrow. We'll head north around 7:30 - better to be early than late.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:45 PM

Because people have asked, I have posted suggestions for two memorial donation options on the Kopek thread.

Since it appears to be tradition that we report on our menu choices here, I feel the need to let you know that I had a medicinal BLT for breakfast at our local dive diner and didn't get struck by lightning, despite it being Ash Wednesday. However, I will force myself to have scallops for dinner to atone for that sin.

P.S. -- As the newest resident of this asylum, I hereby claim all of the chocolate mentioned above.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:51 PM

Miss Owl, thanks for the donation possibilities.
I, hearby, say its ok for you to BLTs and chocolate. You can have all my allotment of mint-chocolate. Yuk!-...erm..I mean 'lucky you!'
Old 02-26-2020, 04:26 PM
Charter Member

Ugh. Between the server issues and life, I haven't been here in a few days.

I'll do what I can to honor Ruble by surviving my heart surgery. It's gotten worse to the point that I've got both atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation. With a resting pulse of 145, my EP is beyond the idea of trying to mend me with meds, and when he said that he usually schedules people for ablation surgeries six weeks out, but said he already penciled me in for next week, me and PWAISDN went

So next Wednesday, it's off to the hospital for the Incredible Journey. I'll be asleep through it all, but the concept of entering a vein in my groin with a long wire, getting up to the heart, and navigating to find the spot to nuke, then leaving that part of the heart and going into another part to freeze a couple of spots, all done almost like a video game is beyond fascinating. Three and a half to four hours on the table, then an overnight stay.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:11 PM

Do get well soon, gotpasswords.

Stayed home today, since I wasn't feeling so good. One irritation: the can cruncher we just installed last weekend was already showing signs of serious lack of quality, such as bending, so now I need to deal with returning it to the Jungle. Not mad at the Jungle, but DH doesn't want the manufacturer to keep our money for something this defective.

At least DH is doing better, and resumes work next week (very modified duty, but he'll be back to gainful employment). Downside of that, though, is that I'm back on public transit, which has been rearranged a bit since I last used it (DH's accident was right before the changes took effect). Must spend some "quality" time with trip planners to attempt to optimize a cruddy commute, and I still really need to make sure my fare card survived the laundry.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:16 PM

Good luck with your surgery Gotti I hope it goes excellently.
When they put in my stent, (through my arm) I was awake for the whole thing and they had the monitor angled so that I could watch. It was fascinating.
They really are good at this sort of thing these days.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:59 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

OK, gotti, listen up! You WILL get fixed up and come back to us. I have spoken!

We took Roxy out for Chinese - it was a messy meal, but we all came home stuffded and with leftovers. Daughter should be home in half an hour or so. And that's how my day will wrap up.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:24 PM

Gotti, good luck. My kidney surgery is Tuesday (go in Monday so they can monitor the 'fast' the surgeon insists on).
I'll try to think of you on Weds. I'll go ahead and send healing {{{vibes}}}.

Heh,Mom, you'll be hungry again in an hour. ()
Good evening, y'all.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 02-26-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:31 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

OK, and Beck, this goes for your surgicals, too! No complications! No problems! You make sure your doctor knows I said so!!!!

Daughter is home. Roxy is fussing. Life goes on!

There's a sad lack of chocolate cake in this house.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:49 PM

Another true confession: I've only been to Cracker Barrel once and was underwhelmed. It's not that the food was bad, just that it was meh. The food was bland and forgettable, not even up to, say, Denny's quality (or quantity). I'd heard such wonderful things about it! I'm clearly missing something. Is it popular because they have down-home menu items that aren't always easy to find?

Good luck on the procedure next week, gotti. When you're able, let us know how it went.

Ashes to go sounds like it went really well, swampy. When I was a kid in Catholic school, the priests used to say, "Remember, man, thou art made from dust, and to dust thy shall return." It was a sobering thought. Nevertheless, I looked forward to Ash Wednesday because we got out of school to get smudged, got to go around with smudged foreheads all day, and because on the first day of Lenten, the sacrifice in giving up something was forgotten in that first fine blaze of feeling holy.

I see the Pope has called upon Catholics to give up trolling for Lent. I wish everyone would give it up permanently.

Beck, I guarantee you it'll feel odd for the family, too. What a blessing to have family members who love and treasure you so! much!
Old 02-26-2020, 06:51 PM

To gotti and Becks; good luck with your respective surgeries and get well (and back to the MMP) soon. And Nettie, glad DH is doing better, hope the transportation thing works out.

Thanks for the info, Miss Owl, I'll see what I can do.

Nappage was completed and Champion's League Soccer and M*A*S*H watched (I seem to have about A 3-hr tolerance for watching TV, then I need to do something else. Got some of the stands I need for putting stuff up, so I guess I'm about out of excuses for not getting about it (still got one or two alibi's left...). Rain is gone but it's still cold (38F and heading to below freezing tonight).

All y'all take care now.

ETA: nellie, Cracker Barrel is simple but generally good food, served relatively quickly and cheaply. And "Trolling for Lent"?????

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 02-26-2020 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
I see the Pope has called upon Catholics to give up trolling for Lent. I wish everyone would give it up permanently.
Then how would they get their fish?
Old 02-26-2020, 08:31 PM

doggio, to get the sofa into my last apartment, the neighbor across the hall had to open the door or it had to come up over the balcony, kind of like your link.

nettie, I'll take yours and Mooooooom's dark chocolate.

Johnny, if you really want to keep with the Asian theme for your team dinner, you may check out doing bento bowls. They can be an assemble-your-own thing like a taco bar and just have some miso soup and a starter to go with.

May your surgeries go well gotti and beck.

Hell day #1 is done. Not only was it wall to wall irk with extra hours, but my boss got nit picky about something that I didn't know how to do (yeah, a report that the system should have corrected for a backdate but had to be manipulated manually) and wasted an hour of time that could have been better spent doing my job. The weather took a turn for the cold and the overhead door next to my office area was open part of the day. On top of all of that, it was a day where everything that usually hurts in cold weather was kicking my butt. It has to get better.

:whine over:
Old 02-26-2020, 09:26 PM
Charter Member

We had the Booster Club meeting tonight. Since it was Lent, I gave up having a 4th, 5ht, and 6th beer.. I got renominated to be offical beer drinkerSecretary for the Club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Wench View Post
Because people have asked, I have posted suggestions for two memorial donation options on the Kopek thread.

Since it appears to be tradition that we report on our menu choices here, I feel the need to let you know that I had a medicinal BLT for breakfast at our local dive diner and didn't get struck by lightning, despite it being Ash Wednesday. However, I will force myself to have scallops for dinner to atone for that sin.

P.S. -- As the newest resident of this asylum, I hereby claim all of the chocolate mentioned above.
1. I think you get an Indulgence all thinks considered.
2. Can we at least share the dark chocolate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpasswords View Post
Ugh. Between the server issues and life, I haven't been here in a few days.

I'll do what I can to honor Ruble by surviving my heart surgery. It's gotten worse to the point that I've got both atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation. With a resting pulse of 145, my EP is beyond the idea of trying to mend me with meds, and when he said that he usually schedules people for ablation surgeries six weeks out, but said he already penciled me in for next week, me and PWAISDN went

So next Wednesday, it's off to the hospital for the Incredible Journey. I'll be asleep through it all, but the concept of entering a vein in my groin with a long wire, getting up to the heart, and navigating to find the spot to nuke, then leaving that part of the heart and going into another part to freeze a couple of spots, all done almost like a video game is beyond fascinating. Three and a half to four hours on the table, then an overnight stay.
Good luck gotti!

Quote:
Even trolling Pittsburgh fans?
Old 02-26-2020, 09:53 PM
Charter Member

I can't wait for next Wednesday to get here! If you've never had your heart cranked up to 140+ beats per minute 24 hours a day for three weeks, you're missing out! No seriously, it's phenomenally tiring, both for the double-time work and for missing something called "atrial kick" causing a 15-35% reduction in blood flow to the body.

And the "chuffa-chuffa-chuffa-chuffa" noise inside my head at 140+ is a bit annoying.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:31 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 39 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 59 and N.O.S. for the day. Today shall be a day of nuttin'. I have been runnin' around for the past two days and want to be in da cave and go nowhere, so I shan't. Also, my meds are due to arrive sometime today via FedEx, hopefully this mornin'. Sup shall be country fried steak (I blame Beck for that gnawin' and cravin'), butterbeans, squishes, rice 'n gravy, and cornbread. YUM!

{{{gotti}}} YIKES! May the surgery put an end to your heart woes.

{{{Becks}}} may your kidney yank go well and hope you're home soonest.

Nettie yay for DH returnin' to irk!

Miss Owl thanks for the suggestions for donations in ruble's memory. Medicinal BLTs and dark chawklit are a good thing even if'n it is Lent. You get a special dispensation.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 02-27-2020, 05:43 AM

Happy Thorsday!

It's a cloudy windy 34 feels like 23 outside this morning. Supposed to get up to 37 today.
Waiting for daylight to head out to the park.
It'll be cold but better than dealing with hyper dogs later in the day.

Vet is concerned that Adam is losing weight. He's down to 15 pounds 3 ounces.
He has to go back in September and if he is still losing weight she'll run some tests.
He still has a fat ass.

I have to do some more laundry today, and figure out something to make for dinner.

Good luck with the procedures Gotti and Beck
Old 02-27-2020, 08:12 AM

Morning all. 34F when I took the garbage bin to the curb this morning, no other plan to head outdoors today. It's 3-letter day for eating (BLT and CHB are on the menu), and maybe I'll run the sweeper, but that's about all that is planned.

Red, it was a fine whine; hope today goes better.

And that's about all I have. All y'all take care.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:13 AM

Hmmmm, three hours and no further responses; all the other MMP'ers must be doing responsible and important things.

Well...I have eaten two BLT's (-the L) and drank a Pepsi, so there is that in my favor...

Press on.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:07 PM

I don't know why youse guys are so excited about lent.
I lent out some of my tools once and they came back broke.

Well, somebody had to do it.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:43 PM

I'm doing nothing important. I'm ready for the hordes to descend upon my house.
The lil'wrekker will get in tomorrow. Mid-daughter and entourage Saturday. My oldest Sis will arrive Sunday.
Son-of-a-wrek will start cooking tomorrow. He's smoking meats for the hordes. Frying a ham. He may do a fish fry for Sunday. I don't wanna do any of it. I just handed the debit card to DIL and told her to handle it.
Mr.Wrekker went and bought all kinda snacky stuff and soda pop. Those kids are gonna be outta control.
I'm fretting less than I thought I would.
Later....
Old 02-27-2020, 02:03 PM

Take care Becks. If the excitement gets to much, just go and lay down--hey, works for me...

Got a bug in the computer, Firefox opened a window for "Windows Defender Browser Protection--Mozilla Firefox Detect Malware", which wanted me to call a certain phone number (I didn't--I'm at least that smart) but locked up Firefox completely. Deleted and then restored it and added a Anti-Virus download (SpyHunter5) which seems to have cleaned it up.

Need to go bring the garbage can back to the garage and check mail, my second (and probably last) trip outside today.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 02-27-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:08 PM

Whew! I thought I'd NEVER get on here! Had to fight my way through numerous time out errors. Went to the oncologist for a check-up. Turns out when I called to change the appointment, they told me the 21st, not the 27th. If my hearing is going, I'm in trouble. Helen Keller, I'm not.

But it's a beautiful, sunshiny day, so 'twas a nice 1.5 mile walk each way.

I made some phone calls and will head to the gym shortly. I have to stop staying there until after dark. Last night on my way home, I nearly got run over by a hooligan on a skateboard. I had a flashlight (on), my glowing cell phone, and my twinkly shoe things on, so I was plainly visible. He was not--dressed in dark clothes--especially with my vision. Skateboarding down a sidewalk in the dark? Bad idea, whippersnapper..

OW, no Lenten do-withouts for you. You're already having to do without your beloved.

Now let's see if I can post this.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:33 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

FINALLY! What a day it's been.

Bottom line - FCD will have major spinal surgery on April 10. Part of it will involve removing the old hardware and putting new stuff in, as well as fusing several more joints. Poor guy has limited range of motion as it is - this will further reduce that. However, it should reduce his pain, which is the goal.

And it's major enough surgery that he'll probably be in the hospital 5-6 days, then moved to a rehab facility for up to 6 weeks. There are specific milestones he'll need to reach before they'll let him come home. So I'll be doing a lot of driving to Baltimore. And we won't be going to Bermuda, dammit. So I'm working on canceling everything involved with that trip.

Other than that, everything's peachy...

Oh yeah, last night, his computer refused to turn on. This would be the computer that is central to his entire business. It's with our computer guys right now and we're waiting to find out what the deal is. Between the machine and the software, there's a LOT of $$$ tied up in that box. Happy thoughts...

Yeah, yeah, happy Thursday.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:49 PM

{{FCdad!

Wow!!
Old 02-27-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 39 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 59 and N.O.S. for the day. Today shall be a day of nuttin'. I have been runnin' around for the past two days and want to be in da cave and go nowhere, so I shan't. Also, my meds are due to arrive sometime today via FedEx, hopefully this mornin'. Sup shall be country fried steak (I blame Beck for that gnawin' and cravin'), butterbeans, squishes, rice 'n gravy, and cornbread. YUM!

{{{gotti}}} YIKES! May the surgery put an end to your heart woes.

{{{Becks}}} may your kidney yank go well and hope you're home soonest.

Nettie yay for DH returnin' to irk!

Miss Owl thanks for the suggestions for donations in ruble's memory. Medicinal BLTs and dark chawklit are a good thing even if'n it is Lent. You get a special dispensation.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
swampy..carnis birthday is this month. He says its a state secret which day. I say do the thing on leap day.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

Team 3 put on their luncheon today. The theme was Mardi Gras, and the main dish was a seafood boil with Dungeness crabs, crayfish, clams, andouille sausage, shrimp, potatoes, and corn. I partook of everything but the corn and potatoes. There was also a gumbo style of thing, with chicken and andouille, and fried chicken. I broke my low-carb rule. While I didn't have any corn or potatoes, I did have a small piece of cornbread and the thinnest slice in the pan of sweet potato pie. I didn't have any 7-Up cake.

Since I'm in the orifice, 115 miles from home, I'm only on my second hurricane. (Though I admit, I did add extra rum. )

And now I have a program to write. Better get back to it.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:25 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
swampy..carnis birthday is this month. He says its a state secret which day. I say do the thing on leap day.
Hint: It is already past, so there is

NO NEED

For OVERSIZE

Colorful, silly

Birthday

Greetings!

Tried to get Roy G. Biv
in there.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

Where's the rest of the hurricanes? Where's the rum?

I've got a long drive in a half an hour or so, and I want to be prepared!
Old 02-27-2020, 04:48 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Can you say dead motherboard?? Not sure how long it'll take to get a replacement, but FCD is pretty much unable to work in the meantime. What are the chances he'll relax?? Yeah, right.

So, how's your Thursday?
Old 02-27-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
If my hearing is going, I'm in trouble.
Huh? Type louder, will ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I've been known to put down Feb 29th as a b-day, though my preferred day to list on various things is Apr 31st. That way I have to deal with it even less than ¼ of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
And we won't be going to Bermuda, dammit. So I'm working on canceling everything involved with that trip.
Iffn you can't cxl it, I'll step up & make sure it doesn't go to waste. I'm nice like that too, damnit!

Lunch was at the Blanco Abode of Royalty. I usually eat them once a year, in Nov, when someone brings a 'briefcase' to a pot luck party. Not sure how they remain in business as they are pretty tasteless.
Cxl'd most of the outdoor photoshoot as it was almost to difficult to walk, in fact the wind was blowing step-sib a bit. I thought I saw seals in the water until I looked closer; it was surfboarders in all black wetsuits, including hoods.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=carnivorousplant;22162471]Hint: It is already past, so there is

NO NEED

For OVERSIZE

Colorful, silly

Birthday

Greetings!

Tried to get Roy G. Biv

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
CARNI*

*nickname
Old 02-27-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpasswords View Post
I can't wait for next Wednesday to get here! If you've never had your heart cranked up to 140+ beats per minute 24 hours a day for three weeks, you're missing out! No seriously, it's phenomenally tiring, both for the double-time work and for missing something called "atrial kick" causing a 15-35% reduction in blood flow to the body.

And the "chuffa-chuffa-chuffa-chuffa" noise inside my head at 140+ is a bit annoying.
But can you dance to that rhythm?

Mooooooom, I wish FCD the best with his surgery.

spidey, the last time I ate at WC was a quarter century ago when I first got to Nashville. I was working evenings and WC was one of the few places with an open drive thru when I got off irk back then. Something didn't set right and I spent the night throwing up everything I had ever eaten. Being new on the job, there was no taking off the next day, when, coincidently, my folks were bring the last load of furniture down from Indiana for me to help schlep up to my third floor walk up. I haven't been back.

Today went better at irk. We got a lot done and I only worked 45 minutes over. I felt a bit better as well, so was able to move around more. We had a chili cookoff in my department. I won the side dish category with corn muffins (half plain, half jalapeño. To be fair, the other entries came from supermarket shelves.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:07 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I accomplished one thing anyway - I just cooked up a batch of sloppy joes, and they're simmering away for a bit. Time to assume the recline position!
Old 02-27-2020, 06:29 PM

DIL made 'burrito casserole' Doesn't resemble a burrito or a casserole.
She brought me a plate. Tasted pretty good.

Mr.Wrekker ate at the diner and has gone to his poker game.
Quiet evening.

ETA: he took my Yorkie Grace to the groomer and picked her up, for me. He said "That's not a dog, its a hairy rat"

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 02-27-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:10 PM

Evening all. Watched the third Star Trek reboot on the TV and it was about as bad as I remembered; they had the idea for a pretty good movie there but had no idea what to do with it when it came time to write the plot. Won't be catching it again.

Moooommm, hope FCD gets some relief from this operation. And that his data is recoverable (he didn't have a backup?)

Red, White Castles are a taste people love or hate...I enjoy them when I get up your way (down south it's Krystals, which are so-so IMHO).

flyboy, not sure how much works gets done in your place, with all the people eating all the time...

nellie, getting time-out errors too...one must persevere.

Three bins emptied out and may have to wait for the delivery of the last display case to put the rest away. Soccer stuff has been moved back to the office and that'll be a chore to place. Ah well, gives me something to do.

All y'all take care.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:13 PM

OK, no oversized font, carni, but wishing you a happy birthday retroactively. Heck, wishing happiness for ALL your birthdays retroactively. Hope you can handle that much pure joy!

SPIDEY, IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH?

Moooom, jeepers what a tough day! (I'm on a mission to bring back the cheesy euphemisms of yesteryear) That sounds like an extensive surgery. Is it cheaper if you bring your own hardware? I'm thinking Lowe's might have a spinal section (only that'd be the vertebrae.). Seriously, I hope it brings FCD pain relief so he'll have a lot of fun when you do get to Bermuda.

Beck, who cares what it's called as long as it's yummy and you didn't have to cook it? I saw a recipe for a burrito casserole last week and thought, "That doesn't sound like a burrito!" At least it didn't have any *gag* beans in it. Soak up the love, chum. It's medicinal.

OK, I got delayed getting out of here and at the gym, so it was sunset when I left. I saw a woman in a hijab standing on the sidewalk. After I passed, she crossed the street and stopped again just outside my complex. I said "Excuse me" as I went around her so she wouldn't be startled. She said, "Thank you!" I live in a pretty accepting area, but there are a few white supremacists about, and if I were a person of color in a hijab, I'd be a little nervous, so I asked if she was OK and if she needed anything. She said in broken English she was OK, that she was praying. Crap. I interrupted Maghrib. I apologized, but she said, "No, no, no, is OK." Then we both said "God bless you," and I went home.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:08 PM
Charter Member

Snuck past the 502s.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLYTRAP!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2020, 11:28 PM

Comparatively minor annoyance today: needed to replace my phone. I took myself and the car to lunch at a convenient gas station with a pretty good roller grill. They did not have the eggrolls I really wanted, so I got the cheddarwurst dog instead (which is also tasty). During that excursion, my phone launched itself out of my hand, did a flip to screen-down, and landed on pavement. Not as bad as the last such mishap, but the damaged screen is rough enough to be a usability issue, and the cracks were spreading noticeably as the day went on.

One plus to the move from VM to Boost: Boost had a better phone that I could buy on a no-interest installment plan for $10/month for the next 18 months. They assured me they're delighted to accept additional money toward this at any time if I want to pay it off faster.

Now for the dubious joy of rebuilding. Had the world's worst time just moving my (beep) wallpapers and ringtones over, but I do have decent understanding of USB file transferring with laptop as intermediary and a working grasp of file directory structure, so managed to get things sorted in my favor. Next step: reinstall a load of apps.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:24 AM

Happy Birthday Flytrap!!

Many happy returns.

FCM your hubby's surgery sounds serious. You might want to ask the hospital if they have any accommodations (or recommendations for accommodations) for family to stay near sick relatives. They may have something attached to the hospital. There is usually an option in the rooms, but I'll tell you IME they suck. There may be something like an Extended Stay place nearby. I'm thinking mainly about the first few days after surgery.

I don't know if I mentioned that Yoshi pup is eating poop. It's a puppy thing apparently, but, boy howdy am I not in favor of this. We're adding something to all of the dogs' food, so their poop will taste terrible. I've hired a service to come in and clean out every nook and cranny in the yard. Then they'll come back and keep it clean. Hopefully we'll manage to stop him from pursuing this habit.

Sleepy Yoshi
He's so fluffy!

We went out to dinner for my dad's birthday. He turned 80. He has steadfastly refused to take care of himself for years. He's hunchbacked and grey. He walks ponderously, and sometimes with difficulty. His mind is sharp as a tack, however.

I've been playing around with ancestry.com. I am apparently a descendant of the Marquess of Queensbury. I shall need you all to follow the rules of fair play from now on.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:43 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 32 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 61 and N.O.S. for the day. We need to make a trip to Sam's today for some stuff (only one unopened 48 pack of tp here at da cave! ), and I need to take care of candle duty over to the church house. Since 'tis Lent, there are only four candles (two at the High Altar, and two at the Chapel Altar) to deal with. Also we shall do N.O.L. somewhere since we will be out and about. Other than that, who knows what the day will hold. Sup shall be veggie soup and cornbread.

I attempted to post last night but kept gettin' timed out so I gave up.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, alack, and bother I suppose I must purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire. My life can be such a trial at times!

Happy Firday Y'all!