Old Today, 06:09 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Hell, my dog would be a better president.

Mine too. And she died around 40 years ago. That's how bad that clown is.
Old Today, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Hell, my dog would be a better president.
Yup, my dog actually likes people. Smarter too.
Old Today, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
If Trump's base keeps insisting on gathering by the 100's every Sunday this might be a self-limiting problem to at least some degree. Likewise all the MAGA-hatted people who go through my store loudly declaring it all a hoax and refusing to follow the new rules might well reap their own rewards.

Unfortunately, they are likely to take a few others with them.
Move over, Florida - Texas pastors are claiming a legal right to risk public health.
Old Today, 07:10 AM

I think it's time to face that we are NEVER going to get adequate Corona testing. The administration has been slow walking this from day 1 because they don't want the public to know how widespread it is because they think the numbers would make Donald look bad. This petty prick kept a cruise ship offshore because he didn't want a few dozen people adding the the numbers. They'll continue to insists the tests are available and deny there is an issue with testing. And his moronic base will continue to believe every word fart that spews from his filthy mouth.
Old Today, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Some of them are staying away. They're saying it's not worth the risk to their safety when they get nothing from him.
Apparently they are being allowed in 15 at a time on a rotating basis, unless of course you are a far right news source in which case you can show up every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
I think it's time to face that we are NEVER going to get adequate Corona testing. The administration has been slow walking this from day 1 because they don't want the public to know how widespread it is because they think the numbers would make Donald look bad. This petty prick kept a cruise ship offshore because he didn't want a few dozen people adding the the numbers. They'll continue to insists the tests are available and deny there is an issue with testing. And his moronic base will continue to believe every word fart that spews from his filthy mouth.
Also those tests the do have are being funneled to rural and southern states against the advice of medical experts.

Quote:
During a Tuesday meeting of the White House coronavirus task force in the Situation Room, Vice President Pence and other officials discussed diverting new tests to areas where there are relatively few cases, according to two individuals familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal deliberations.
So we are only left with the question of which corrupt motivation led to the decision. Was it a desire to send the tests to red states or a desire to send it to states with low infection rates to keep the numbers down? Silly me, the answer is obviously both.
Old Today, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
I think it's time to face that we are NEVER going to get adequate Corona testing. The administration has been slow walking this from day 1 because they don't want the public to know how widespread it is because they think the numbers would make Donald look bad.
I have no doubt that that was indeed Trump's plan -- no testing = low numbers. Except that we may not know the number tested, but we're getting the number of cases and the number of deaths, and there's no way to spin those numbers.
Old Today, 09:39 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Doesn't that book they are always reading from mention something about following the law?