Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Go ahead Trump. Start attacking Myeshia Johnson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
To his rabid fans, he could shit in his hand and rub it in her face and they'd call it brilliant leadership.
And talk loudly and often about how she totally deserved it.
Advertisements  
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM

Well, she is black, so anything she says has to be taken with a grain of salt by Trump supporters. Black folks, as everyone knows, just aren't on our side.

Last edited by Happy Lendervedder; Yesterday at 12:25 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
Well, she is black, so anything she says has to be taken with a grain of salt by Trump supporters. Black folks, as everyone knows, just aren't on our side.
Sadly, this.

I'm surprised he hasn't said that Obama called her and told her to lie.
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Sadly, this.

I'm surprised he hasn't said that Obama called her and told her to lie.
It's only Monday. Give it time.
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM

At this rate, by Thursday he'll be tweeting that he likes heroes who don't get killed in an ambush.
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
To his rabid fans, he could shit in his hand and rub it in her face and they'd call it brilliant leadership.
4D Chess.
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM

The Army has banned green card holders form joining the Army Reserve.
https://mic.com/articles/185297/excl...law#.VN4v4FEbL
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Okra banned??

It's like that episode of Seinfeld when the cops show up at Newman's door after they tried to dog-nap Elaine's neighbor's yapping dog. "What took you so long?"
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM

You have to admit, though, that Shitgibbon is well-versed in distraction. I suspect it may be because he has so much experience in the high-finance con game. He got this brouhaha going between kelly and wilson, which has completely obscured the clusterfuck that resulted in the death of 4 soldiers.

Had to do it, though: three weeks of intense work and no one in the west wing is willing to let Shitgibbon try to say “Niger”.
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

US cancels visa for an Indonesian general to attend a conference...that they invited him too

Highlights from the newspapers article in front of me (different source from the one linked above) is that General Gatot "is believed to have political aspirations at the highest level" - ie likely to be influential in government for a long time- and the General "was invited to a countering violent extremism conference by US General Joseph Dunford"

Indonesia, of course, IS a Muslim country. They on the travel ban yet? Give it time...
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
This is jay_jay level of nuttiness.
Really? What, specifically, struck you as being nutty?

Quote:
There's no downside for Trump in attacking Gold Star families who are non-white.

Everyone who finds the indecency of it to be revolting already despises him. And it delights his white-supremacist fans.

Self-correction is the secret strength of freedom. ---George W. Bush, 19 October 2017
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
I'm sick of all of them. If Trump is such a hot mess (and he is) that he needs constant handlers, then what the hell is wrong with Republicans that they aren't getting rid of him as fast as they can? It's somehow acceptable to let a completely unqualified maniac fiddle with the controls because he can be "managed??"

I agree with others who have said Kelly, McMaster and Mattis are not the "adults in the room." They're enablers who allow the Republicans to carry on with their ruse that it's somehow acceptable to leave this ignorant, cruel, petty pathetic sub cretin in the most important job in our country, so they can demolish health care, trash Constitutional norms, allow the rise of racist, white nationalist turds and sneak tax cuts for their own handlers past the clueless electorate, all while everyone wrings their hands and acts grateful that the dipshit hasn't quite yet managed to reach the button.

I refuse to normalize this.
You answered your own question.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
But they consistently gloss over one distinguishing feature of the 50ís and 60ís ,, the 91% top marginal income tax rate.
Fake news. Sad. unfair

Well let's bring THAT back. Good old days.
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
The California Republican Party convention (which is probably meeting in a phone booth this weekend) thought it would be appropriate to bring in Steve Bannon, that unifier, to headline their semi-annual meeting. He warned that if California is allowed to be a sanctuary state, it will want to secede in ten to fifteen years.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-try-to-secede

1-Wouldn't the Trumpistas think this is a good thing?
2-Has he spoken with any of the Trumpistas in Texas who think Texas should secede?
One thing though... for all their "get the fuck out" and "fuck California" talk, those hard working independent take nothing for free assholes in Middle Murrica sure love the subsidies WE FUCKING PAY FOR.
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
It's like that episode of Seinfeld when the cops show up at Newman's door after they tried to dog-nap Elaine's neighbor's yapping dog. "What took you so long?"
Banned? For real??

It's about fucking time!
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
The idiosyncratic rules of order in this forum allow even an odious carbuncle like Terrklahoma to run dryly through the rain for a very long time, so long as he can avoid saying "cuntlapper" or worse, "torrent."
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM

I just posted this in the "Whatcha Readin" thread, and it occurred to me that it might be of interest to the denizens of this thread ---

Keeping with the theme of books about presidents, I just noticed a new one is out. Some may claim that the title is deliberately provocative, or that the author is biased, but I'm going to read it anyway:

Trump is F*cking Crazy, by Keith Olbermann.
Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
LOL, well, so I did. I guess it was a rhetorical question.
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow
I'm sick of all of them. If Trump is such a hot mess (and he is) that he needs constant handlers, then what the hell is wrong with Republicans that they aren't getting rid of him as fast as they can? It's somehow acceptable to let a completely unqualified maniac fiddle with the controls because he can be "managed??"

I agree with others who have said Kelly, McMaster and Mattis are not the "adults in the room." They're enablers who allow the Republicans to carry on with their ruse that it's somehow acceptable to leave this ignorant, cruel, petty pathetic sub cretin in the most important job in our country, so they can demolish health care, trash Constitutional norms, allow the rise of racist, white nationalist turds and sneak tax cuts for their own handlers past the clueless electorate, all while everyone wrings their hands and acts grateful that the dipshit hasn't quite yet managed to reach the button.

I refuse to normalize this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
LOL, well, so I did. I guess it was a rhetorical question.
A good rhetorical question though. I've been saying for a long time that calling Trump an anomaly is a *big* mistake on the part of the Democrats. Take advantage of the spotlight on the horrible ideas of the Republicans, minus the nice packaging they usually get.

He's pushing legislation with every bad idea, party-line, and vague Republican fantasy ever conceived. The only difference is that he puts a really nasty face on the fight the GOP has been waging for decades: abolishing the social safety net, eliminating healthcare, cutting regulations and taxes on the rich so they can usher in their laissez-faire capitalist paradise, bloating the military, banning all non-white non-Americans from the country, and blowing up the Muslims.

The only difference policy-wise so far has been his opposition to the T.P.P., since free trade agreements are usually soundly endorsed by the GOP. Coincidence (?) it's also the only thing I've agreed with him on.

Last edited by AI Proofreader; Yesterday at 11:11 PM.
Old Today, 12:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
And so he did:

Quote:
On Monday, in an interview with "Good Morning America," Johnson, the widow of slain Sgt. La David Johnson, spoke for the first time in public about her phone call with Trump. She confirmed Wilson's account that Trump had told her that her husband "knew what he was getting into" and added: "It made me cry because I was very angry at the tone of his voice and how he said it. He couldn't remember my husband's name."

To which Trump almost immediately replied via Twitter: "I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!"
The entire Cillizza piece is a slam dunk.
Old Today, 12:58 AM
Elephant Whisperer

I can well imagine how the right-wing trash on this Board and elsewhere would have reacted had President Barack Obama even hinted a Gold Star widow might be lying.