Old 03-20-2017, 04:30 AM

Nature's Soft Nurse MMP

O sleep! O gentle sleep!
Nature’s soft nurse, how have I frighted thee,
2 Henry IV (3.1.7-16)

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/qu...reonsleep.html

Happy Moonday!

Like Butters, I cannot sleep.

I crashed at 11:30, and was awake shortly after 1am.

I wish I could blame it on the dog waking me. Which he did, but Sah-son got up to attend to him. Then I woke up and have been since.

Hopefully I'll get a nap in sometime before the direct tv person gets here. I took the day off irk, so I can go to bed early if I don't.

it's a chiily and dark 33 degrees outside. Supposed to warm up to 53 but we'll see. It might rain. Doesn't matter to me, I'm not the one who will be out on the roof installing a dish.

I'll need to order groceries today to pick up tomorrow, or Wednesday should be better since it's supposed to rain tomorrow.
I have a few bills to pay today. If the transfers have gone through I may do that now and get it over with.

We'll be having leftover pizza today. I ordered from Papa John's last night, and now I remember why we don't order from him. The crust is gooey and the pizza has no taste. It actually tastes better after it gets cold.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:54 AM
Charter Member

I've been doing Graphic Design homework all weekend, struggling with trying to understand the limitations of Pantone Spot Colours, particularly in the Adobe apps. Boy howdy do they not want to work together helpfully on this. Why such an incredibly powerful suite of programs can be so integrated in some ways, and knock heads in others is beyond me.

For the Designers and Printers amongst you, you'll probably be aware of the struggles. I'm new to that particular world. Here's the art I was working on, using just three colours, none black.

(A separate project I am just starting is an album cover in the style of Patrick Nagel's Duran Duran art. I chose The Corrs instead.)
Old 03-20-2017, 05:57 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

Looks nifty, BatBoy. Although art with no black in it loos unusual.

From last MMP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gigch1 View Post
Lilly the 11 year old rescue. I am told she's a Norwegian Forest Cat, and the details appear to support this suggestion.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/...pss5as2ivv.jpg
Kitty! Squee!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:12 AM

Hi kitty.

Spent a pleasant weekend with Jay and family and Mom. Jay & Co left yesterday, Mom is leaving today after two weeks in my house. I'll be able to get home late* without walking in to a woman who's fretting I might have been kidnapped by a man in a white van! I feel so grown up!

* where "late" is defined as "more than fifteen minutes after quit o'clock".

Last edited by Nava; 03-20-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:26 AM

Blurf Decided to stay up so I am already at irk. One thing is there is not very much traffic at 0500. So here I am. I guess I will try to finish the budget while it is still quiet. Or at least work on it some more. It's not due until the 31st. I always overthink it anyway. It is just a plan or so they say. I like to try to "guess" as close as I can.

Anyone following along from my last post in the old MMP I have to deal with some BS first thing when the world wakes. Still unsure what to do but I know I have to address it to placate my clerk. I hate drama especially stupid, crazy, nonsensical BS.

Happy Moanday everyone.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:33 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I can't believe it - 3 nights of good sleep in a row!! That probably means I won't sleep at all during the work week, because that's how my life seems to go.

Tugig - pretty kitteh! She's about the same age as my Taz but has as much hair as Ziva, so she's kinda sorta a combination of both of my cats. Except mine are both gray. But still.... Oh, never mind.

Boss will be out today - he's going to a funeral in Baltimore. Fortunately, I have a metric assload of work in my basket tower. After work, I've got to go by the eye dr office to get my specs adjusted - they pinch on my nose and I don't want to bend them and break them myself. I'll let the pros do that.

And thus beginneth my week. Happy first day of spring - I think the equinox was about 3 or 4 minutes ago. Happy Moanday!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:36 AM

I often find myself missing rosie. I'll think about something or look back at my Facebook business page and see her comments.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 AM

I miss rosie too, although when I saw the pics on the news of all the snow piling up in her part of the world, I was kind of glad she wasn't having to deal with that.

I sleep very poorly, I am usually either too hot or too cold at night and never seem to find the perfect temperatures. The cats are on and off the bed at night, Shadow isn't so bad because he is a night prowler so he appears in the early hours and sleeps at the bottom of the bed so I just eventually notice a furry lump by my feet. Ophie is the opposite, she is very demanding and if she thinks I'm awake then it must be time for fuss. I must be getting used to nights of broken sleep because I seem to survive the day without too much trouble, but I am always tired.

Gigitty - that's a very pretty kitteh

It's grim and grey here, been raining solidly all morning and shows no signs of brightening up. On the plus side, I don't have to go anywhere tonight so once I'm in, the doors and locked and the world stays outside!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 AM

Grumpf.

Like sari and butters, got up way too early this morning and nappage will be an option. Drove about 500 miles yesterday on a Braunsweiger run (hey, 60 years of eating habits are hard to break) and that wore me out, so I thought I'd be sleepy, but nope, 0430 and I'm awake. Bah.

2gig, nice cat; soon you will be as daft as all the owner cat owners here.

Nava, family is...family. Have a peaceful week.

Batboy, nice artwork.

Soccer gets going this week, 4 practices planned with games on Saturday; but rain is forecast for Tuesday and Saturday, so I guess we'll see.

Thinking about going back to bed.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:09 AM

I miss Rosie too.

2Gig - did I tell you you have a pretty cat? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look.

My cat is being a pest, a cute pest, but still a pest. He knows if he scratches his post instead of the couch he will get some treats, so he will go over to his post and peek around at me while he is scratching to make sure I notice.

Some cool stuff Batboy

Like you Butters, I hate drama. Especially at irk.
I don't what to tell you to do. I used to be diplomatic and all that good stuff, now I'd be likely to tell everybody grow up and behave themselves, then go in my office and slam the door.
Menopause will do that to you.

Full Moon Saloon (from last week's thread) was a cool pub. It was mostly bikers, but it was very laid back and as long as you minded your own business, so did everybody else.

I'm tired but I'm not tired - too weird.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:28 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 46 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 76 and N.O.S. for the day. A Spring day on the first day of Spring! Today I shall spiff da cave and not much else. Tonight is men's night over to the church house as well. All that should be enough to keep me outta trouble but one never knows with me.

BatBoy cool stuff!

gigity kitty is purty!

Butters hope everything goes well re the irk drama. This is yet another reason I am glad to be retired.

Sari hope your DirectTV person is as good as the one who installed my dish. He had it all done in about an hour. I hardly knew he was here even.

OK, I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, well, I suppose I should purtify a bit and then begin cave purtification.

Happy Moanday Y'all!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:48 AM

That would be nice Swampy, but according to them it will take 3 hours and 5 minutes.
I already have a direct tv dish on the porch roof, but they said I would get a new one. I hope that means they will take the old one with them.

The tireds are hitting me now.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 AM
ReMember

Good morning!

Over the years I've shared space with numerous critters of all sorts including many cats, but always while married. Last year when I bought a new home I met a friend of a neighbor who rescues cats.

Of course I was pressed for adoption but I have felt my long hours would be a disservice to any creature and resisted. However recently I was introduced to Lilly (can't decide if 1 or 2 Ls) who was given up after 11 years with a family.

I have long held the belief that my days of pet adoption will be centered on aged pets who need a nice home to spend their last days in. Everyone wants a kitten or puppy, but there's plenty of needy, grateful older critters who need a home, so that will be my 'thing'.

So Lilly was dropped off yesterday and I spent the day hanging around her to get her used to me. She doesn't fight me when I pick her up, and though I predicted a long night she was absolutely silent overnight and I slept well. I found her curled up on my computer chair this morning.

I will keep her restricted to my bedroom and bathroom for a few days before releasing her to the house. It doesn't look like I'll have issues, the house is pretty cat proof and she appears to be very careful.

More photos as they present themselves. Right now she's pretty cagey about getting photographed.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 AM

I sleep pretty well due to Benadryl and Restoril. The Restoril is an anti-anxiety drug (I have sleep anxiety--I worry about not sleeping) and it turns off my brain. I may be awake, but I don't care! It is grey and icky today. Lots of lightning and hard rain last night.

Lil(l)y is very pretty. Thank you for dopting her.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 AM

The school bus stop can be dangerous. I saw one kid (wearing just a short sleeve shirt & bookbag on top half) slide out when going from his street to the sidewalk because yesterday's snowmelt froze overnight. It's only going to be a high of 52° & sunny today, but was obviously below freezing this morning as there was ice & he was in just a short sleeve shirt. Walked a little bit further to see another kid trying to cut down the snow sleet ice (after melting & refreezing) covered hill wipe out & land on his butt. Moral of the story, kids: Don't go to school it can be hazardous to your body.

Then I was driving to irk, NB on the 3-lane, no shoulder expressway bridge when I notice a vehicle heading SB in the outer lane...a bicycle.
Why he's on the expressway I don't know. Why he's on the expressway going the wrong way, I really don't know. Especially because there's a local road bridge less than 100 yds upstream. He'll be very lucky if EMS doesn't need a spatula for him!

2gig: [Pepé Le Pew]Ooh La La![/Pepé Le Pew]
Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Much-needed lunch break. I've had to re-do some real pain-in-the-butt drawings and it took all morning. After I eat, I'll go back and check them and I hope I didn't miss anything. Brain is fried.

Can't wait to get my specs adjusted. The bridge of my nose hurts!! Stoopit glasses...
Old 03-20-2017, 12:05 PM
born to be shunned

Terrific kitty!!!!

I'm having one of those days when I miss everyone human and otherwise. My Tailcat and Sam the Dog, Patches the Time-Share Cat, my Dad, Popsi, Muvver, Unca Tom -- just everyone. Almost all the memories are good; I just wish there had been more years and more of them.

But on the other hand I have a smile because I'm going to work today. And the odd fates that brought me to Da Jungle brought a whole load of new people and good memories into my life; people I would have never met otherwise. And in a way I get my wish -- I have more years coming and more memories to make.

As my one coworkers always says about me ---- I'm yin/yang with feet.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Da cave is more or less spiffed, meanin' maybe it could be better but it's better than it was, so I'm callin' it a win.

Ruble there are days I think about family, friends, pets etc who are long gone and get all nostalgic as well. The memories are there and mostly good.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 PM

TV guy got here early, right after A DAMN Cat took a hot steamy stinky dump down the side of his litter box.
I had just woke up and was getting ready to vacuum.
Now the dog won't stop barking.
I told Sah-son to pay attention to the corner where the TV is when he vacuumed,and the poor guy pulls out the TV and a dust bunny hopped out with it.

This is why I hate having stuff done.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 03-20-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:08 PM

All done, now I have to figure out all the new channels.
The guide he gave me is not helpful at all.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
All done, now I have to figure out all the new channels.
The guide he gave me is not helpful at all.
The guide was not and is still not helpful. Over time I have learned where the channels I want are located. One thing that helped was to google DirectTV local channels cause that showed what channels go with what stations and so on.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:42 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Home with newly adjusted glasses. We shall see if they're right.

No supper tonight unless we graze. FCD isn't hungry and I don't feel like cooking. Maybe a bowl of cereal? I'd like sushi, but I don't feel like going to get some.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:44 PM

I was going to head to Jerusalem tomorrow, but there may or may not be a bus driver strike . . . so my plans may be on hold. There's also an air raid siren test scheduled for tomorrow morning . . . nothing we actually have to do for that, but we get warned so nobody will think it's the real thing. I think the cell phone alert notification system will also go off at the same time.

And all the clothing packed away since we moved has now been placed into the new closets!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:11 PM

Bowser yay for unpacking!

Sari yay for new tv service. May I recommend that button that says "guide" on the remote? I gave up DirecTV when I moved up to Orygun, but I think that's what we used. Actually we may have mostly used the search feature - that's a good one to use.

I spent yesterday and today hiding from the world thanks to my wonderful head. I have emerged and am starting off easy with the intertoobz.

Other than that, I got nothing.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

I worked, I walked Gordie, having a martini. Italian chicken with cheesy rce and spinach is on the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks and Scones View Post
I often find myself missing rosie. I'll think about something or look back at my Facebook business page and see her comments.
I miss her, too.

Boofae, I sleep like a baby. I wake up every two hours, wet myself and cry.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:28 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Sari, let us know how satellite TV works during a thunderstorm.

Today's earworm is G&S, The Mikado.
"The flowers that bloom in the Spring, Tra La, have noting to do with the case."
Old 03-20-2017, 07:33 PM

Lily is a beautiful cat 2gig. She reminds me of a combination of my last two cats. One was a big long haired white cat whose face was similar to Lily's and the other who was a black and white short hair. Like you, I will go for an older pet when I find the right one. I just asked about one that is the pet of the day at one of the rescues. He's a cutie pie!

bat boy, was the Lego assignment one that didn't allow black? My pick is the second one.

It was another typical Monday. When I stopped to check my mail coming into the driveway, I locked myself out my running car (AGAIN!). Fortunately, I now have a hidden key, soI didn't have to call a locksmith. Now to do up the dishes and throw the clothes in the dryer.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:28 PM

Temperature got to 83f today, so for the first time this year the air conditioner in my car got some work...worked fine.

Got all the paperwork for my two soccer teams, along with the equipment bags (soccer balls, pennies, cones provided by the league, which I give back at the end of the year). Added to my own stuff, it's a fairly impressive array and one of the reasons I wanted a bigger vehicle to haul stuff.

A little worried; I've been very regular in my...bathroom habits..., but while taking an afternoon nap I apparently had a very modest...accident in my U-wear. Don't feel sick and am eating normally, so I'll keep and eye on things and if it occurs again maybe see the doctor--at my age, anything out of the ordinary is worth checking on.

Flytrap, I sense you already know the answer, but I also have Direct TV and the answer is 'not very well.' Still waiting to see how it does in tornadoes...
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
bat boy, was the Lego assignment one that didn't allow black? My pick is the second one.
We're allowed a maximum of three colours, and as I chose Lego I wanted the three primary colours available, so had to forego black. I could simulate dark colours using combinations, but that's a bit advanced for me, I couldn't figure out how to do it.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 PM

From the things you (almost don't) see everyday file:

Local college Lax team practicing, in the dark. They were if full gear, carrying their sticks, jogging around the perimeter of the field, singing inappropriate for young ears cadence.

I didn't see them so much as they were (barely) backlit
Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Home from men's night over to the church house. We had a pretty good crowd and a good time was had by all. I warmed up some of the leftovers from Sattidy but there's still stuff left i.e. carrots, cabbage, and N.O.T. They're fine but need to get eaten so tomorrow I shall take all of it over to a local place that provides hot meals to homeless/displaced persons. Da bear does not want perfectly good food to go to waste. Also on tomorrow's agenda is some yahd irk which shall get taken care of in the mornin'. Plus also, I need to take the propane tanks for the grill and get 'em filled. That might be enough stuff to keep me outta trouble for a day.

I have never had a real problem with DirectTV in a tstorm. It might glitch up a bit but has never gone completely out. I can just about say the same thing for a tornado. One passed through the area in late January, fortunately not near da cave, and no problems occurred.

I shall now surf teh intartoobz for a bit and then go beddy bye.

Nitey Nite Y'all!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:17 PM
born to be shunned

Dinner was salad; now to do likewise and veg out.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Flytrap, I sense you already know the answer, but I also have Direct TV and the answer is 'not very well.' Still waiting to see how it does in tornadoes...
I was also shooting through tree leaves when I lived in the woods.
Bring back C-Band!

I believe I have mentioned that my cat drinks beer, smokes cigarettes, and says things to me like, "When you die, I can sleep in the bed."
Old 03-20-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Local college Lax team practicing
What is a lax team?

Ignorant, mean people suck. That is all.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
What is a lax team?

At a guess, I would say lax = lacrosse.

And yes, ignorant mean people do indeed suck.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:22 AM

Happy Toosday!

It's still cold and dark outside.
It's supposed to get up to 59 today, and now according to TWPTB it's not supposed to rain.

I managed to get 4 hours sleep last night, from 10 until 2.
I don't know why I woke up when I did.
I took some mel, I wonder if I could take it again in the middle of night if I wake up? I'll have to look it up.

I'll let you know Flytrap.
Sunny the guide button is annoying because they have all that crap in there, the wider strips that are advertising or something I think. Very annoying.
So far I am not too happy with it, but I think it's because I have to get used to it.
I am also disappointed that I can't get WETA UK.
I still have 13 days to cancel and I'm not going to cancel my cable until then.

We'll get groceries today, and I have to pay a few bills.
Other than that SSDD
Old 03-21-2017, 05:39 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:51 AM

Hey, 'sup?

This week has started out pretty good. Got my 'to-do' list for Sunday squared away before breakfast was even ready that morning; the odd feeling of actually having all the time in the world was a good one for me.

Rocketing along with this major translation project; for this first section, I've been using a surplus mini laptop I inherited from irk a couple years ago (so old it's got Windows 7 on it) to bang out the rough draft on the commute in the mornings and evenings, and then spending weekend time polishing that up with the help of my dictionaries. This weekend is the big final polish and then off to the author, who is tremendously excited about all this.

The next couple sections will be done at home, as I'm putting in for two vacation periods in May and July to focus on those full-time.

And since it's not some "BIG IMPORTANT SECRET THINGS!" kind of project, I can actually say that it's the translation of "Karl Marx: A Biography" by Sven-Eric Liedman (a professor at Gothenburg University) and will be published by Verso Books sometime in 2018. Old-timers here at the Dope will naturally not be all that surprised, I'm sure.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:25 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Nothing quite like getting to the office to find two large dark stains of some sort on one's right bresticle. Dammit. I know it wasn't there when I got dressed. All I can figure is I got mayo on my shirt when I was making my lunch and I didn't notice it. The stain definitely looks like grease, which means it won't just fade like a water spot would.

Dammit.

So I've zipped up my sweater and zipped it must stay.

How much longer till Firday??

Happy Stoopit Tuesday. Dammit.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 AM

Bresticle? Blurf

I have seen crazy. This woman is either certifiable crazy or really trying to pull a fast one re work. It is an awkward situation as it is a colleague who is dating my boss. I mentioned it before and now they are out of the closet. Her accusation against my best employee was so absurd I asked my boss for guidance. Of course he tried to make excuses for her but I showed him the texts she sent; disjointed, all over the place, dragging even another employee in. I did not play along. In all no resolution just more crazy. I told him I am worried about her state of mind. Shit keeps up I will go to her boss who is the director. My boss was her boss until they decided that was not ethical.

People should just leave me alone.

So happy Tuesday and I'm gonna go deal with the crap again today.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 56 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 84 and N.O.S. for the day. Tomorrow's high will also be in the 80s. Thursday's high is predicted to be mid 60s. Weather by Sibyl. Today is all about yahd irk, food delivery, takin' some stuff to the county landfill, and propane tank(s) fillin'. Dindin shall be courtesy of the Pubic Sto' deli bein' as I also need to go there and don't feel like cookin'.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. When there's enough daylight I shall begin the yahd irk. Rah!

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 AM
ReMember

Butters that sucks. It's shit like what you're going through that causes workplaces to frown on dating. And boss / employee relationships are the worst. Sorry to hear about it.

I am not normally awake at this hour but night 2 with Lilly was one of little sleep. As expected she was standoffish after me going away to work for 10 hours. I coaxed her out of the closet, closed the door then opened the bedroom door to the house.

It took her an hour to notice, then she carefully glided out of the room, looking at me to see if I would notice my mistake. Awhile later it was lights out, but the whole evening was a blur of occasional high speed kitty runs, a few meows and a couple bed jumps (the first ones).

I just reopened the closet so she can go crash in there. Hopefully I can get a little more rest before it's time to get moving.

Good night!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:23 AM

Hi Olentzero! *waves hi*

You translate the kind of books my brother Jay likes to read.

Last edited by Nava; 03-21-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Today is all about yahd irk, food delivery, takin' some stuff to the county landfill, and propane tank(s) fillin'.
What does propane cost? It is a byproduct of making gasoline, and the price reflected the price of gasoline at the high, but I didn't think it had come down with gas. I don't live in the woods anymore, and the company offered me a fill at a discount since I hadn't bought any for a while.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM

There was no bus strike, but I ended up not going to Jerusalem in the end - I'll go Thursday instead. I had the crap (almost literally) scared out of me when I forgot the siren test this morning - it wasn't the sirens, but the alert tone that came thru my earbuds and almost broke my eardrums.

We have friends from our old neighborhood comin' a callin' tomorrow afternoon, and we're either going out to din-din, or Mrs. Bowser will whip up something good and we'll eat here. I'm looking forward to the visit.

Meanwhile, I hear my BIL back in the states is back in the hospital again. He's had medical issues going on for some time . . . I'll give him a call later and see what's up.

Happy hump day! (At least, here it is!)
Old 03-21-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
FTR, Spidey was not the mean people of which I spoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinna Minna Ma View Post
There was no bus strike, but I ended up not going to Jerusalem in the end - I'll go Thursday instead. I had the crap (almost literally) scared out of me when I forgot the siren test this morning - it wasn't the sirens, but the alert tone that came thru my earbuds and almost broke my eardrums.

We have friends from our old neighborhood comin' a callin' tomorrow afternoon, and we're either going out to din-din, or Mrs. Bowser will whip up something good and we'll eat here. I'm looking forward to the visit.

Meanwhile, I hear my BIL back in the states is back in the hospital again. He's had medical issues going on for some time . . . I'll give him a call later and see what's up.

Happy hump day! (At least, here it is!)
Bowser I confess I am somewhat envious that you can take a bus to Jerusalem, and then I hear about the air raid drill and am reminded about all that goes with living there. I remember air raid drills on the West Coast when I was a kid and we were still hiding under desks or marching down to the shelters. Not fun.

I hope your BiL feels better soon.

Other than that, one sick child off to school. Still somewhat sick, but well enough to go. Bouncing all over the house yesterday and no fever. Meets my criteria for off to school. Daughter still has one day left of illin' I think.

Missed my attorney appt yesterday for the SSDI filing, so I need to reschedule. Hubby leaves today for 2 weeks/almost 3 weeks away. Sigh.

I admit to a slight feeling of blueness.

I did have a dream that someone gave me a puppy. I did think, in the dream, that I should ask hubby before taking it, but it was sooo cute that I just cuddled it and had fun. It was a good dream.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olentzero View Post
Hey, 'sup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Hi Olentzero! *waves hi*
::Orders squid::
::whistles for goat:: (do goats respond to being called like a dog does?)
Welcome, Olentzero; your Detla Tau Chi Mumper name shall be...Goose Egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
What does propane cost?
Cost varies significantly by region.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
::Orders squid::
::whistles for goat:: (do goats respond to being called like a dog does?)
Welcome, Olentzero; your Detla Tau Chi Mumper name shall be...Goose Egg.
Nah, BringsCoal... (he knows why).
Old 03-21-2017, 12:52 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sario View Post
At a guess, I would say lax = lacrosse.

And yes, ignorant mean people do indeed suck.
Nice people ----------- never mind. I never had that t-shirt anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Nah, BringsCoal... (he knows why).
He lives THAT close to me?!?!?!?!

Yeah -- I know there is that other one. But like Bethlehem we Pennsylvanians tend to ignore it.

Getting ready for work. Have as much prepared for Thursday and Friday as I can prepare. Looking forward to next week and getting back to my normal form of abnormal.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I have accomplished yahd irk, goin' to the church house to get and take foodstuffs as well as empty the dishwasher from last night, a trip to Wally*World, and have had N.O.L. In a bit I shall go purchase propane (relatively cheap here), then go to the Pubic Sto'. I have decided I shall purchase some of their pulled poke (it's good) and their deli slaw (also good) as well as some good buns. Then I shall do some oven fries. That will make a pretty good dindin with minimal fuss.

Bowser prayers and good thoughts headed out for your BIL.