Old 06-13-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
...And I've got a big dick...

Pics, or it didn't happen.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsun View Post
I've spotted another rookie with potential. He's mad, he's bad, he's Giraffes Can't Dance!
Beat you to it post 141.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:20 PM

D'oh!

And so did Baker. Darnit.

Last edited by Sunny Daze; 06-13-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:34 PM

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disaprovin'
Keep them doggies movin',
Rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope, throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide
Old 06-14-2016, 04:34 AM

Waymore. In one thread asking about repealing the 2nd amendment and presenting himself as "pro-gun and pro-regulation", in another taking the stance that any regulation (whether it be of weapons or milk) is an unacceptable curtailing of people's rights. And in another about exercise where one of the OP's main points is "different types of exercise are good for different people", going "squats! squats über alles!"

I'd offer him a selection of bridges to choose from, but I'm sure he's already got a nice one.

Last edited by Nava; 06-14-2016 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:56 PM

We need to add Urbanredneck to the list. Besides his constant "just asking questions", he's now peddling that stupid anti-VAX movie.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oft wears hats View Post
I didn't realize that the Queen of Menstruation had joined our ranks. She'll set those spoiled brats straight. The nerve of some people, having debilitating menstrual cramps just to get attention.
Oh, I remember that dumb post. What a relief. I was wondering why the hell she thought she knew better than my neurologist about what medications I should be taking for epilepsy. This explains a lot.

Anyhow, I thought this was pretty transparent, courtesy of one jtur88.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
We need to add Urbanredneck to the list. Besides his constant "just asking questions", he's now peddling that stupid anti-VAX movie.
I believe Urbanredneck isn't a troll, he's just very stupid and unable to grasp it.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naita View Post
I believe Urbanredneck isn't a troll, he's just very stupid and unable to grasp it.
I think we're using a very loose definition of "troll" in this thread, but there's also a fine line between those two types of posters.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:22 PM

Yeah, I came in here just to put Urbanredneck on the list. This is not the first time that Urbanredneck has had people trying to debunk his anti-vaxx propensities.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:53 PM

Definitely got a live one here!

Now that school is out, they are coming to edjucomate us!

Last edited by John Mace; 06-15-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Maybe he wanted to beat the rush.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:49 PM

And another one! Though I'm afraid this guy's sincere... which is sad.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
And another one! Though I'm afraid this guy's sincere... which is sad.
Ohhh. This might be my new favorite thread.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:34 PM

Does anyone know which state the boffster lives in? He's very careful to never mention it in any of his OPs.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:

This one made my eyes cross trying to read it. Wow.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Does anyone know which state the boffster lives in? He's very careful to never mention it in any of his OPs.
He lives in or near Portland, ME.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemark View Post
He lives in or near Portland, ME.
Really? How would you ever know that?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:58 PM

Psst!I have eyes on him. He's pacing in front of that frame shop next to Hannaford Pharmacy, now he's crossing Preble Street and... he's trying to talk to a jogger on the Back Cove trail. She's not impressed, backing away. He makes a grab for her arm, annnnd, she's kicking him in the shin. He's down. He's... taking out an iPad and posting something. Clearly in pain, he's selflessly sharing it with the world. What courage.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naita View Post
I've never seen anything from him which would indicate enough gray matter to be a troll. Even a stupid one.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:27 PM

How do we make sure everyone in Maine breathes?
Old 06-18-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Dammit, suckered me into opening a pretty useless thread.

(It's another boffarino. I swear he thinks just enough to come up with "Gee, there's this thing goin on that kinda makes me wonder... hey, I'll use my "Start a SDMB Thread" extension. Maybe somebody there'll explain to me how the world works."")
Old 06-21-2016, 02:09 PM

Another boffking special: I have ideas but lack the ability to give them the most rudimentary of thought.

I think a new term needs to be created for this sort of poster. I suggest "fulmar" after the gull with chicks that puke as a defense. boffking's threads are only so much vomit from his brain.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:08 PM

I'm so disappointed in this thread. I was hoping for new morons, but I've seen all of these but one, and he's already been banned, so what fun is that?

I must have nearly perfect trolldar.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:12 PM

Well, if we're shifting to Fulmars (thank you Naita), can we add AcePlace57 (57?, whatever it is). He's never read a CNN headline without thinking - I need to start a thread on that! No filter. No independent thought. Just bam, glurge, a thread is born.

So what happened to our boy Giraffes Can't Dance? Did I miss his grand exit already? Off to check.

I have been keeping a weather eye on 12mgdaily with his Men: Have you ever been seduced? but he hasn't quite gotten there yet.

Don't despair. Summer School will be out soon.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Today he's wondering why we have nuclear weapons when we can't even use them to slice vegetables. I wish I was exaggerating that for comic effect.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:43 PM

This will be fun to watch. DerekMichaels00 continues to grouse about how being short consigns him to a life of fat chicks. Or something.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
Today he's wondering why we have nuclear weapons when we can't even use them to slice vegetables. I wish I was exaggerating that for comic effect.
I have fire insurance on my house and it pisses me off to no end that I've never had a claim!!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oft wears hats View Post
This will be fun to watch. DerekMichaels00 continues to grouse about how being short consigns him to a life of fat chicks. Or something.
I thought it was bitterness that even the fat chicks won't touch him, ungrateful wenches. Clearly they don't realize how lucky they are that he's willing to lower his standards. The irony is delicious.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Clearly they don't realize how lucky they are that he's willing to lower his standards.
But he's not, because fat people are gross and unattractive. Also, they are lazy.

And they also generally know better than to fuck him.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:30 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
I thought it was bitterness that even the fat chicks won't touch him, ungrateful wenches. Clearly they don't realize how lucky they are that he's willing to lower his standards. The irony is delicious.
Yeah, he's pissed off that not even women he doesn't want to fuck will fuck him. They're too "prissy and spoiled."

I don't think I've ever seen an "I can't get laid!" thread that made the OP look like more of a total loser.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Does he ever return to his own threads?

Not being a fan of the GlowingDarkness oeuvre, I can't say, but surely with such an awesome thread-to-post ratio -- noted above as being 0.75 (sometimes known as the John Mace Quotient in honor of its inventor) -- our luminescent friend apparently wastes little time posting either in his own threads or anyone else's, and merely busies himself starting threads, somewhat like a write-only trollbot. To add to the magnificent collection already cited, the latest write-only achievement in philosophical rumination is "why is pain painful?" an inquiry that I can only imagine was inspired by how we all feel when reading his magnificently abundant threads.

But no, he's not challenging boffking, he is head and shoulders above boffking, who with 451 threads and 1252 posts has a relatively lowly JMQ of just 0.36. But to give boffking credit, most of those posts are in other people's threads. Like the inimitable GlowingDarkness, he has very little interest in his own work. Perhaps it's a form of artistic modesty.
I see that the boffster's amazing random brain fart thread-to-post ratio has started to draw attention.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I can't even get mad about this kind of thing any more. I have to say I'm delighted that the older I get, the fewer shits I seem to give about random people and their dumb opinions.

I do just think it's deeply tragic. People like this will live their entire lives never truly understanding that they aren't being rejected because of the superficial reasons they think they are. It's because of who they are.

I am genuinely sad about this, because I think so many people make themselves miserable by being miserable people, and they never really get that flash of insight that could turn their lives around.

Last edited by Spice Weasel; 06-23-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
...I think so many people make themselves miserable by being miserable people, and they never really get that flash of insight that could turn their lives around.
But would they turn their lives around? I'm betting people like this get little flashes and ignore them.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
But would they turn their lives around? I'm betting people like this get little flashes and ignore them.

You're right. They do get them. The problem lies in the fact that they think those little flashes point out what's wrong with everyone else but them.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:16 AM

Can we talk about the fact that dougie_monty claims to have a 22 yo Mercedes and he's incapable of finding the air conditioning buttons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie_monty View Post
The car, 22 years old, may have air conditioning. But my efforts to locate an owner's manual (the car did not have one when I bought it) have been futile, and the controls are not that well marked. (It's a 1994 Mercedes Benz C-280.)

That has to be straight up trolling. I refuse to believe that anyone who can't operate a car air conditioning unit is capable of signing up for a message board.

Oh and he can't figure out how to get Uber on his Samsung 5, either.

Last edited by Merneith; 06-25-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
I see that the boffster's amazing random brain fart thread-to-post ratio has started to draw attention.
Not an accident.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:05 AM

More Foot In Mouth Disease by our local throwback.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:44 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Can we talk about the fact that dougie_monty claims to have a 22 yo Mercedes and he's incapable of finding the air conditioning buttons?

That has to be straight up trolling. I refuse to believe that anyone who can't operate a car air conditioning unit is capable of signing up for a message board.
He's a very sheltered Jehovah's Witness.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
People like this will live their entire lives never truly understanding that they aren't being rejected because of the superficial reasons they think they are. It's because of who they are.
It's a twofold problem, though. A fat woman or a short man may indeed be rejected because of their weight or height. A bitter attitude does worsen the situation and make anyone less attractive, no doubt. But in many cases people are indeed being rejected for who they are, physically - or racially, or otherwise. There's no getting around that factor, even in the 21st century. If anything I think we may be even more looks and appearance-obsessed than generations before us.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
It's a twofold problem, though. A fat woman or a short man may indeed be rejected because of their weight or height. A bitter attitude does worsen the situation and make anyone less attractive, no doubt. But in many cases people are indeed being rejected for who they are, physically - or racially, or otherwise. There's no getting around that factor, even in the 21st century. If anything I think we may be even more looks and appearance-obsessed than generations before us.
Yes, people are getting rejected, but everyone is rejected sometimes. Unless they are horribly disfigured or morbidly obese (and often even then), anyone who puts a little effort into hygiene and dressing well, and who has a good attitude, will also be accepted sometimes. Without exception aside from those mentioned above, if someone is always getting rejected, then the problem lies with them. Either their expectations are unrealistic or their personality is just shit. Or both.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 06-25-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:25 PM

I agree with andy. It's amazing to me to listen to these guys (in my world, most of the women don't do this) go on and on about how "females" don't want them because they're short / bald / like video games / don't have the best job / you-name-it. Yet, all over the place I see similar fellows in relationships (long term too) all the time. The difference seems to be a two parter; 1) Bitchy guys always have their sights set on others that are clearly out of their league. You think you're going to land ScarJo, then you better be Ryan Reynolds. They are more than happy to overlook the chick with the mousy hair / overbite / Coke bottle glasses / a poochy stomach / whatever.

And 2) they're never happy with themselves. It's always someone else's fault that they're not getting laid. Or paid more or drive a nicer car or have as much time off. They never make the most of what they have (like a pretty smile or fondness for animals or ability to make a killer apple pie or yodel), they only complain and act bitter because the world has shat on them.

Crazy how all that works.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfool View Post
I agree with andy. It's amazing to me to listen to these guys (in my world, most of the women don't do this) go on and on about how "females" don't want them because they're short / bald / like video games / don't have the best job / you-name-it. Yet, all over the place I see similar fellows in relationships (long term too) all the time. The difference seems to be a two parter; 1) Bitchy guys always have their sights set on others that are clearly out of their league. You think you're going to land ScarJo, then you better be Ryan Reynolds. They are more than happy to overlook the chick with the mousy hair / overbite / Coke bottle glasses / a poochy stomach / whatever.

And 2) they're never happy with themselves. It's always someone else's fault that they're not getting laid. Or paid more or drive a nicer car or have as much time off. They never make the most of what they have (like a pretty smile or fondness for animals or ability to make a killer apple pie or yodel), they only complain and act bitter because the world has shat on them.

Crazy how all that works.
I also know this because I was once a frustrated, bitter, and lonely overweight guy. But eventually my attitude changed, and so did my romantic success. And I'm still overweight.

It was my attitude that failed me, not my weight. My weight had almost nothing to do with it.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
He's a very sheltered Jehovah's Witness.
Being a Witness is not like being Amish. There's nothing in their teachings that accounts for dougie_monty's professed inability to find the air conditioning button.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:26 PM

Yeah, shouldn't talk about it here-still surprised a post-mortem thread hasn't been started for BrainGlutton's banning.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Being a Witness is not like being Amish. There's nothing in their teachings that accounts for dougie_monty's professed inability to find the air conditioning button.
True, but he's clueless regarding certain bits of the world at large anyway.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 06-25-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:24 PM

I don't even know what to call this, but quote #1 comes from the "Women do you think about boffing strangers?" (paraphrased) and quote #2 is from the one about fat chicks by our height-challenged troll. Y'all decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senegoid View Post
What Rushgeedgirl (Post #5) and jtur88 (Post #7) said.

Seriously, there's way too much hostility from many of you females because so many of you seem to think that the only thing males want with you is a hot roll in the hay.

There's a whole lot more than that, less male-hostile and less sex-hostile, even mentioned by many female respondents in this very thread, that you don't seem to imagine that males would like also.

A female friend with whom to engage in:
  • Congenial dates, consisting of social or recreational activities together: Day trips at the beach, hike in the redwoods, visit museums -- all the stuff you see ad infinitum in all those on-line personals ads.
  • Companionship
  • Affection, both emotional and physical. Holding hands (e.g., while engaging in the first bullet above), hugging, cuddling, massage, "making out". Clothes on or clothes off. You get the picture. This is all apart from actual sex.

All those "nice guys" and "Nice Guys(tm)" who aren't getting laid, also aren't getting any of the above. The whole concept of "gettingt laid" has become a proxy for all that -- males who complain of not having any "success" with females are actually complaining about not getting any of the above -- yet they are invariably flamed to hell (and not back) for complaining about "not getting laid" -- when, in fact, when you read their complaints, that's not actually what they usually said.

Challenge: Find threads or blogs or whatever on the topic, on this board or elsewhere (other than outright MRA sites), and see how many of actually specifically mention "not getting laid" as their complaint. Mostly, not. Find threads or blogs or whatever where such relationship-challenged males explicitly claim "entitlement" -- you won't find that. (The only case I know of, who explicitly claimed "entitlement", was that guy who shot up the sorority in Santa Barbara a while back, in the manifesto he left.) Yet, in response, such males are invariably thoroughly flamed, reviled, demonized, and vilified because they are accused of just wanting to "get laid" and, falsely, they are accused of feeling "entitled".

What jtur88 said. Just like what Rushgeekgirl said. Males, just as much as females, want the kinds of things that I listed above. And, yes,

SPOILER:
Yes, sex is important too. Males want that as well.
Nobody's flaming any females (well, other than ZPG Zealot) for the rare male-positive things they are writing in this thread. (And thanks to beowulff for raising this topic!) Now, when was the last time any males didn't get flamed for writing/saying/thinking the same things about females?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senegoid View Post
This remarks leads us to discuss the biggest fallacy in ALL these bitter, allegedly misogynistic, threads, and not just in these threads but IRL too.

I'll give the TL;DR first, since I can see this is going to be lengthy: Those nasty bitter cynical misogynistic males weren't born that way (mostly, probably). Many of them could have been actual nice guys in their earlier lives, but socially awkward (or maybe just short), and were largely or totally unsuccessful with the females for years and years and years -- then they become cynical, angry, and bitter. Not the other way around. They aren't losers with the ladies because they are bitter (well, now they are, but it wasn't always that way). No, they were nice guys but became bitter after year upon year of -- nothing -- and thus they evolved from nice guys to "Nice Guys(tm)".

[/end of TL;DR]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's so easy to snark and revile at those bitter cynical people like OP, and to tell them: Well of course you're never going to get any "chicks", "fat" or otherwise, if you're going to be like that!

Here's the fallacy: Do you think all these bitter, angry, love-starved, sex-starved guys were always like that? Do you think they were born like that? Probably not, usually, I would suppose. How do you think they got that way in the first place?

These are people who might well have been "nice guys" [not "Nice Guys(tm)"] in their earlier existence -- you know, those nerdy or socially awkward males who, as flodnak put it:

(Okay, we'll overlook that fact that the above quote was discussing Rick Santorum. It could be any number of other dweebs.)

What do you think happens when they get rejected -- can't hardly ever even get a coffee date, let alone get an actual relationship going -- for month after month after month year after year after year? It is any surprise that these guys are going to get more than a little bit bitter by and by?

Then they evolve from "nice guy" into "Nice Guy(tm)" -- the embittered long-term rejects, reviled and demonized by everyone. They are accused of "feeling entitled to sex", although I challenge anyone here to find a case where one of them actually said or wrote that. See this rather recent thread, titled "Nice Guys" vs. Decent, Albeit Clueless, Men" for discussion. Look at kunilou's vacuous attempt to be helpful:

Look: "There's nothing actually wrong with you, but I have zero attraction toward you."

What happens when one hears that over and over, year after year after year? That might actually (and does) happen to a socially awkward male. Is it true that he "There's nothing actually wrong with you"? If so, then why no relationship after years and years? Or is it false that "There's nothing actually wrong with you"? In which case, all the friends that said that were flat-out talking BSDL (Bullshit, doubletalk and lies).

Answer: They just might turn into that guy that Loach knows:

If these males can go for so many years without a match, does prove that they were, in face, just jerks all along? If so, why didn't their so-called "friends" tell them, along with some actual helpful suggestions -- as opposed to kunilou's vacuous pablum?

More correctly, they were "promised" a relationship (never sex explicitly, but of course that's implied). All their so-called "friends" (all of whom perceived from the moment they met that such a guy had no chance of ever getting laid a girlfriend) assured them that they just need to get out more and meet more females; surely there is someone in one of your classes [or wherever] who is interested in you; there are plenty of available people to meet (notwithstanding that the majority of those are in China); "plenty of fish"; you'll meet that special someone eventually -- All BSDL! These "nice guys" hear that for years from all their "friends", who knew all along it was BSDL. Look again at kunilou's last line:

"Assuming they're actually nice and not "Nice Guys" things will click for them eventually."

Lies! Bullshit, doubletalk and lies! BSDL!

These guys aren't asking "where's all this sex I'm entitled to?" -- they're asking "where's all this sex [a proxy for a relationships, really] that I've been promised all these years?" Yes, it takes a while for a naive young adult (especially a socially awkward one) to understand that "things will click for [you] eventually" is just a vacuous anodyne lie.

No, these guys don't have any "women friends who could help out". That's unheard of. If they have any female acquaintances at all (a rare case in itself), they will offer nothing more than the anodyne BSDL, like the examples above, and maybe lots of that.

Here's a rich one: "Just hang tight another six weeks until the wedding. You're certain to meet someone there." Yes, some-female-one really said that.

(The more I skim through that thread (here's the link again) the more it seems like required reading. Look carefully -- see all the sweet romantic anodyne lies there.)

Hey, I just googled site:boards.straightdope.com dry spell and got a whole page of threads discussing how long various posters' last or current "dry spell" was -- where "dry spell" is explicitly defined as time since last getting laid. Yeah, people actually talk about that -- a lot. I'm inclined to interpret "sexual dry spell" as a metaphor that actually means "not having an actual relationship" for a long time. The more common response seems to be along the lines "hey, you got hands? So shut up and masturbate. What more do you need?" Um.... y'know, sitting home alone jerking off doesn't really substitute for all the things a relationship can be. I see anger and hostility in so many responses like that.

Enough. So:

Summary: Even actual nice guys get turned down incessantly for years on end, until they become angry, bitter, and resentful, and evolve into the reviled "Nice Guy(tm)". -- Can you blame them? "Entitlement" has nothing to do with it.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
True, but he's clueless regarding certain bits of the world at large anyway.
Quite the understatement. Anyone who hasn't read every single post ever made by Dougie is missing out on one of Western Civilization's best values in entertainment.

Not only does he supply inadvertent hilarity, with inappropriate callbacks to early Mad Magazine articles and Dragnet episodes, but the real fun always begins when someone pokes fun, and he gets huffy. He really believes he's winning against his godless opponents with his brilliant-yet-arcane one-liners. From the "Can't find the A/C thread":

Quote:
You're about as entertaining as one wrestler.
And when no one "got" the "joke":
Quote:
You who heckle me are not amusing...
What I might want to see is a one-armed paperhanger who has the hives.
This isn't trolling, it's beyond that. So much sadder and funnier.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiFool View Post
Yeah, shouldn't talk about it here-still surprised a post-mortem thread hasn't been started for BrainGlutton's banning.
What would we need a post mortem thread for?

Last edited by John Mace; 06-26-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfool View Post
I don't even know what to call this, but quote #1 comes from the "Women do you think about boffing strangers?" (paraphrased) and quote #2 is from the one about fat chicks by our height-challenged troll. Y'all decide.
I'd call it "senegoid is bitter because he can't get laid and takes way too long to say so."