Old 10-11-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Unfortunately for them, they are sourcing from a wwe.com news "report". It's slightly better a source than Infowars, but not much.
I did consider this could be all hype. I wouldn't doubt Shane went to get some X-rays and make sure he wasn't seriously injured, how serious it all was is open to question. I don't know how he intended to land, didn't look too clean, but still a damn fool move for someone who just survived a helicopter crash. OTOH his career won't be ended by an injury that prevents him from wrestling, but maybe his dreams will be crushed.
Advertisements  
Old 10-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

One thing I noticed when he landed on the table was that the table didn't go completely to the floor. I believe it had some cushioning underneath. Still a crazy, risky move, and I'm sure a painful one.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:01 PM

Word is that Neville walked out last night and Kalisto was his game-time replacement. Word also is that Neville has asked for his release.

Bummer if true, although I would rather see him own an indie than drift in mid-card hell.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:09 AM

STC, can I move in with you so I can stalk Nikki Cross?

Poor Lio Rush, left RoH to become a squash jobber in NXT.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
STC, can I move in with you so I can stalk Nikki Cross?

Poor Lio Rush, left RoH to become a squash jobber in NXT.
UMMMM no.

Because if you do then I'll have to share her, and I'm leaving all the stalking up to me thank you very much!

Ruby Riot is pretty cute, you wanna stalk her? She's my backup anyway...
Old 10-12-2017, 10:42 PM

That's funny, because about 3-4 months ago I made a comment about "Pufferfish" Billy Kay and her huge lips, funny walk and how unattractive I found her. Someone shot back that it was people like me who want all WWE women to be vacuous supermodels. I was like, NO, I'd gladly date Nikki Cross, who I find both attractive and relatable, I just don't like Billy Kay.

"The worst things in the world are justified by belief" - U2, Raised by Wolves
Old 10-13-2017, 07:08 AM

Billie Kay reminds me of Vampira.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

I'd take Billie Kay over a threesome with Peyton Royce and Ruby Riot (punk never has done anything for me). Also over either Bella. And Nikki Cross is, IMNSHO, even better than Kay.

But given all that, I absolutely adore Asuka, and want to bear her children (just don't tell my wife).
Old 10-13-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Billie Kay reminds me of Vampira.
I've been a fan of Billie Kay since I first saw her teaming with Madison Eagles in SHIMMER. The weird thing about her to me right now is how much different she looks in NXT from how she did on the indies; she's almost unrecognizable to me... I don't think I've ever experienced that before from a female wrestler who didn't have surgery.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:54 PM

Jimmy Jacobs got canned because he had his picture taken with Bullet Club. He was the one who came up with Jericho's List. He used to be with RoH, so seems like he was just hanging around with his old boys. May be more to the story, as plenty of WWEers have had their pics taken with the competition.

WWE really don't like The Young Bucks.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:40 AM
Charter Member

Meanwhile, somewhere in the deep South judging from the shirts they have on sale, here's a photo of a wrestling match taking place in the goddamn men's activewear section at Wal-Mart.

I wonder if this is the circle of Hell where Jim Cornette sends workers who do dick flips and invisible hand-grenade spots.

Last edited by Smapti; 10-16-2017 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:22 PM
Charter Member

So, tonight's Raw, aside from the excessive number of talky segments and the Finn/Bray nonsense, was pretty good. They actually made Miz look clever and come out on top instead of just being a chickenshit, it was good to see the Shield in their vests again, and both the tag titles match and the cage match were killer. I didn't expect Kane to show up - everyone and their mother was expecting Samoa Joe - but it makes sense since Kane was in the Shield's first match and he still has an unsettled beef with them. (Hooray for continuity!)

That Finn thing, BTW, was just plain goofy live. They set up a camera on a tripod and had a guy with a tape measure showing Finn where to stand. Hopefully this feud will end on Sunday and Finn can move on to better things.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Meanwhile, somewhere in the deep South judging from the shirts they have on sale, here's a photo of a wrestling match taking place in the goddamn men's activewear section at Wal-Mart.

I wonder if this is the circle of Hell where Jim Cornette sends workers who do dick flips and invisible hand-grenade spots.
Hey, I got my picture taken with Ivan Koloff at a Wal-Mart. It's what passes as a cultural center in some parts of the country.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:20 AM

Kallisto to Enzo last night: You know, your mouth is like a 7/11. It never shuts up! Er, it never closes!

So when there's a trap door in the ring, how do the stars remember where it is? I'm sure they don't want to risk falling through it, so they'll avoid that area subconsciously, and it's bound to mess up their timing. Also, Kane probably went under the ring during the commercial break. Was he in full costume when he did, or did he masquerade as a ring worker with cap & sunglasses and slip under and change?
Old 10-17-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
So when there's a trap door in the ring, how do the stars remember where it is? I'm sure they don't want to risk falling through it, so they'll avoid that area subconsciously, and it's bound to mess up their timing. Also, Kane probably went under the ring during the commercial break. Was he in full costume when he did, or did he masquerade as a ring worker with cap & sunglasses and slip under and change?
It wasn't hard to avoid in that match. The British Bulldog was injured getting slammed into a trap door once. They probably do better with them now. Modern wrestling is very heavily choreographed so these guys are used to keeping their moves under control. And in this case there wasn't much going on. The extracurricular activity outside the ring kept this one from being a total snooze-fest.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Kane back, his introduction years back made him a superstar but the money was already on the Undertaker in that category so Kane was relegated to worker status, and he was a hell of a worker for them for years. I'm glad he's back.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

I'm glad to see Dr. Isaac Yankem, aka Fake Diesel, too. Plus, he should be very fresh. Hope his cardio is up for TLC. He was always very good for the big man spots in these types of matches (also Money in the Bank matches). Roman and Braun could learn a ton from working with him.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I doubt they showed anyone getting underneath the ring, as that would have tipped it off, especially with someone Kane's size. I can think of two ways to do it; either have him underneath the ring before they let anyone in (although that's hard to do for a 3-hour show), or wait until the house lights are dimmed, either for an entrance or a video segment, and sneak him in then.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:30 PM

Does this mean he's not on the campaign trail anymore? Or does he just need that PPV pay day to afford some more airtime?
Old 10-17-2017, 04:11 PM

Well, he was estimated to have a $7 million net worth two years ago, but every payday is a good payday, so why not?

From an article in July; "Kaneís current deal, which is $905,000 per year downside with first class travel and accommodation, is set to expire at some point next year. With his age and outside interests, itís quite likely that his current deal may be his last and his retirement and Hall of Fame induction wonít be too far off."

Also noted that he had basically asked for time off this year and they gave it to him. So I guess he's back and they have something for him for at least a little while.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
I doubt they showed anyone getting underneath the ring, as that would have tipped it off, especially with someone Kane's size. I can think of two ways to do it; either have him underneath the ring before they let anyone in (although that's hard to do for a 3-hour show), or wait until the house lights are dimmed, either for an entrance or a video segment, and sneak him in then.
There's likely to be a trap door in the arena floor already. Modern arenas have a top floor for specific events and plenty of access underneath.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
There's likely to be a trap door in the arena floor already. Modern arenas have a top floor for specific events and plenty of access underneath.
WWE usually just sneaks them out during a dark segment when everyone's distracted by the Titantron. I recall one Raw I went to where there was a Wyatt Family appearance that got nixed, and during a break they just crawled out from under the ring and walked up the ramp to the back.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:34 PM

The one live event that I was at a year ago, when it went 'black', it wasn't really all that dark in the arena and we saw the other person coming out and positioning himself near the ring. I don't recall who it was.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
WWE usually just sneaks them out during a dark segment when everyone's distracted by the Titantron. I recall one Raw I went to where there was a Wyatt Family appearance that got nixed, and during a break they just crawled out from under the ring and walked up the ramp to the back.
I've seen that happen too. I was pointing out that there are more than just the two choices.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:24 PM

Sami Heel and KO are nailing it with their DBD-burying promos.
Pulp Fashion was hilarious. The Ascension have some decent comedy chops.
I forgot how funny Gables can be. This is more like his NXT self.
SD's been crushing their promos. I'm getting more markish lately.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

A funny thing I noticed during Fashion Files - the burger they had on the table was a regular cheeseburger from Dick's, a Seattle institution just two blocks from the venue. They made a joke about Tyler having a pickle allergy, though, and the original doesn't have pickles - only the special and the deluxe do, and Dick's doesnt do special orders, so that burger couldn't have had pickles on it.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:16 AM

Wait, only the special and deluxe have pickles but they don't do special orders? So how does something nonexistant have pickles?
Old 10-18-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
A funny thing I noticed during Fashion Files - the burger they had on the table was a regular cheeseburger from Dick's, a Seattle institution just two blocks from the venue. They made a joke about Tyler having a pickle allergy, though, and the original doesn't have pickles - only the special and the deluxe do, and Dick's doesnt do special orders, so that burger couldn't have had pickles on it.
That's hilarious.

As for KO and Sami, I love the heel tandem because KO is great and Sami is boring as balls and needs something interesting to do.

However, does it scare anyone else that KO proclaimed Sami as his "best friend"? We all remember the last time that happened and I am NOT wanting to see ANOTHER KO/Sami feud. Please just let them tag-team and run everyone else out of town, and then just go their separate ways without a stupid program between them in 2 months ala Enzo/Cass.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Wait, only the special and deluxe have pickles but they don't do special orders? So how does something nonexistant have pickles?
Those are the names of the burgers. The original has ketchup, mustard, and cheese. The special has mayo, pickles, and lettuce. The deluxe has mayo, pickles, lettuce, cheese, and an extra patty. They don't do custom orders, so you wouldn't be able to get an original (which comes in a yellow wrapper like what we saw on the show) with pickles on it.

Of course, the average person wouldn't notice this unless they're familiar with Dick's.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Of course, the average person wouldn't notice this unless they're familiar with Dick's.
So you'd say you're very familiar with dicks?

Old 10-18-2017, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
So you'd say you're very familiar with dicks?
:P

Whenever I'm going to a show at Key Arena, I usually stay the night at a hotel that's cater-corner to Dick's. They're open until 2 AM and you can't cross that street without smelling their French fries, so I usually get a late-night bite there when I'm in town. They're pretty much a Seattle institution that's been doing things the same way forever - just sort of imagine that, somewhere around 1960, McDonald's decided its menu had attained perfection and vowed never to change anything ever again.

They're not the best burgers and they're not cooked to order (which is why they don't do special orders), but they're cheap and filling, and the service is instantaneous - you usually have your bag in hand within about 10 seconds of paying for it.

(And yes, there are plenty of "eat a bag of Dick's" jokes to be had.)

Last edited by Smapti; 10-18-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:17 PM

So apparently Nia Jax has been granted a Leave, being unhappy with her situation in WWE. Lots of rumors of many more people also being unhappy and contacting Cody Rhodes for advice on making it in the indies.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:48 PM
Charter Member

So last night during Smackdown, a WWE parody Twitter account posted this tweet in reference to when Daniel Bryan's contract runs out.

And then Bryan responded thusly.

Commence more wild speculation on when and where he'll be making his comeback.
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
So apparently Nia Jax has been granted a Leave, being unhappy with her situation in WWE. Lots of rumors of many more people also being unhappy and contacting Cody Rhodes for advice on making it in the indies.
I've heard of the leave, but I still haven't heard anything concrete about a reason. Nia would be stupid to try to go in the indies because she just isn't athletic enough for her size to hang. I think she's trying to get back into modeling and is taking time off to either pursue that or to gather more information on pursuing that.

ETA: Not to mention Cody is such an exception to the rule that I think a lot of these people who would leave would be in for a rude awakening when they hit/go back to the indies.

Last edited by Sir T-Cups; Yesterday at 08:26 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

The Rotunda brothers and JoJo Offermon might have viral meningitis. In addition, Bray and JoJo had a little somethin' somethin' on the side and Bray's wife filed for divorce. Looks like Sister Abifail is a bust.
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM

BAHWANNNGGGAAAHHHHH

BAAAANNNHHHH

The last episode of LU Season 3 exceeded all expectations. All participants busted their collective asses and then some.

El Dragon Azteca Jr went against Matanza in a cage match. Early on, Matanza threw EDAJr through a cage wall, so technically EDAJr won with his feet contacting the floor, but evil promoter Dario Cueto changed the rules and said only pinfalls and submissions counted. Matanza eventually won, but Black Lotus did a run-in and attacked both participants. She goozled Dario and called him a liar, than Matanza clocked her from behind. Dario affirmed he was a liar as she laid on the mat. Liar about who killed her parents? Sorry you died EDASr, it was all a silly misunderstanding.

Jeremiah Crane inserted a handful of spikes directly into the top of Cage's skull, and some of them stayed attached after Crane clocked him with a superkick. I once smacked myself with the rim of a racquetball racket in the same place and it fucking hurt. I don't see how Cage managed to keep from crying in pain. Jeremiah's face was covered in the crimson mask as he glared at Cage. How the fuck did WWE drop the ball on him? Mil Muertes won the match, but King Cuerno ran in, punked out MM, and stole the Gauntlet for his trophy hall. KC is also Hijo Del Phantasmo in GFW & AAA, with a different mask, long hair, beard, and different trunks. Yes, this is about a year after the LU tapings, but it's still weird to see.

Pentagon Dark cashed in his Money in the Back, er, Gift of the Gods belt and got a match with Prince Puma, who had just defeated Mundo for the LU title. Pent broke Puma's arm during the match, but Puma refused to stop, taping his armand springing back to action. Vampiro, dressed in a suit, acted like he was on Puma's side, but pulled Pent away from PP's 630 Splash. Pent got the win and the title. CIERO MEDO!

Prince Puma is officially gone from LU, so in 90 days Ricochet will be able to appear on TV. He really served well as LU icon. He left his mask on the floor as he left. I sincerely hope he doesn't appear in WWE or GFW. They would water him down and lose him in the shuffle.

Johnny Mundo >>> Johnny Impact
He probably won't return if he stays with GFW due to trademark drama or something, but so far his time in GFW pales in comparison to LU.

In the closing segment, the FBI guy shot Dario Cueto in his office. Dario crawled over to his phone, used a dial as he was bleeding to death, and called somebody for help. "I've been shot!" "You?" the other voice seemed to say. Guess the body-trading gauntlet thing fell through. What about the sinister Aztec gods ready to cross over the border into our reality intent on bringing about Armageddon?

I hope LU comes back. Rumors of its demise were prevalent before Season 3, but there's talk it'll be back, just won't have as much funding. The announcers and matchmakers take you into another world with LU mythology and wrestling history. Whenever the fans chant, the announcers acknowledge it as a song praising violence. They make the fans sound like something more than seat warmers. The GFW announcers & bookers just don't have the same level of imagination.

BAHWANNNGGGAAAHHHHH

BAAAANNNHHHH
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM

I was watching Adam Ruins Everything the other night and I suddenly recognize some guy playing a part in the show, Nic Nemeth, aka Dolph Ziggler. Here's a clip, you'll see him at around 0:22. I don't know why he was in this, maybe a connection with someone in the show? He's had a couple of other bit parts outside of wrestling before. I think he could do pretty well as a regular actor if he was given good parts.
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

I would assume that if there is a LU season 4 with less money, that would probably mean no Rey Mysterio, which means he'll be locked in a basement prison forever.

As much as I thought Cage foiling the godly ascension plans because he's actually a machine would have been cool, having Cuerno mess it up even worse by just hanging it as a trophy was wonderfully unexpected.

Vampiro's master having some sort of physical form is also interesting, presumably some sort of Power?
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
I was watching Adam Ruins Everything the other night and I suddenly recognize some guy playing a part in the show, Nic Nemeth, aka Dolph Ziggler. Here's a clip, you'll see him at around 0:22. I don't know why he was in this, maybe a connection with someone in the show? He's had a couple of other bit parts outside of wrestling before. I think he could do pretty well as a regular actor if he was given good parts.
The New Day have been on his show as well.
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM

This video explains Roman's push!