The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2012, 10:21 AM
zoid zoid is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicago Il
Posts: 8,111
What Political Correspondant Gets You Going?

Am I the only one who's hot for Karen Finney?
She certainly not the stereotypical tiny little thing we usually see on TV, but DAMN she wears it well.
Reply With Quote
Advertisements  
  #2  
Old 06-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Eve Eve is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
NBC's boyish but swashbuckling foreign correspondent Richard Engel: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...e8x6o1_500.jpg

Please don't get all blowed-up.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2012, 11:18 AM
zoid zoid is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicago Il
Posts: 8,111
Dear lord Eve! As a straight man I have to say that boy sure is pretty
And I really don't know why but for some odd reason "swashbuckling" seems to fit him perfectly.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Eve Eve is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
Dear lord Eve! As a straight man I have to say that boy sure is pretty
And I really don't know why but for some odd reason "swashbuckling" seems to fit him perfectly.
When Richard Engel and Brian Williams have a, umm, "two-way" on the news, I have thoughts. And since they are usually talking about massacres in Syria or Lebanon, I have to put it on mute and pretend they are talking about me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Inner Stickler Inner Stickler is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Wow, I clicked on the Engel link thinking it'd be some sorta-pretty-in-a-squint-your-eyes sort of way, but that man is grade-A certified hunk.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
JuliaSqueezer JuliaSqueezer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
Dear lord Eve! As a straight man I have to say that boy sure is pretty
And I really don't know why but for some odd reason "swashbuckling" seems to fit him perfectly.
Oh man. Richard Engel can buckle my swashes anytime he wants. (picture my eyebrows flapping)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Eve Eve is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaSqueezer View Post
Oh man. Richard Engel can buckle my swashes anytime he wants. (picture my eyebrows flapping)
Yum. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NEHP8QxQcX...Engel_t220.jpg

Yum. http://newsbusters.org/media/2006-10...Tday-Engel.jpg

And yum. http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HGXtJfw-iR4/0.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
JuliaSqueezer JuliaSqueezer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
He does look good in blue, doesn't he?

My, my, my (as granny used to say).

Thanks, Eve.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Ponch8 Ponch8 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,520
Krystal Ball, who often appears on MSNBC. They introduce her as a Democratic strategist.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Lionne Lionne is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Ari Shapiro looks as good as he sounds on NPR.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Eve Eve is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch8 View Post
Krystal Ball, who often appears on MSNBC. They introduce her as a Democratic strategist.
"Krystal Ball?!" She sounds like a stripper at the Troc!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-22-2012, 03:24 PM
PoorYorick PoorYorick is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
I've been a little in love with Christiane Amanpour since Gulf War I, even more so when I saw her on Craig Ferguson recently. She's as old as I am, but, unlike me, wears it well.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 PM
mister nyx mister nyx is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne View Post
Ari Shapiro looks as good as he sounds on NPR.
I came in to mention Ari. When I first saw a photo of him I was sort of outraged that someone that pretty was working radio and that I'd been listening to him for years without knowing. Sadly, he's married.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Enkel Enkel is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve View Post
When Richard Engel and Brian Williams have a, umm, "two-way" on the news, I have thoughts. And since they are usually talking about massacres in Syria or Lebanon, I have to put it on mute and pretend they are talking about me.
OMG, I thought I was the only one. When he's on TV, he could be announcing the end of the world, but in my head I hear a steamy romance novel scene playing out with images of him....

Oh, wow, even the sight of him in that picture makes my mind click into 'total chic' mode... *tabs back to linked picture*
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 PM
etv78 etv78 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2002
Alex Wagner's easy on the eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Robot Arm Robot Arm is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Do they have to be current, or can we go into the archives? I always thought Campbell Brown was smokin'.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-22-2012, 08:56 PM
etv78 etv78 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2002
Even though she makes me think,"So pretty, SOO stupid," I think Michelle Malkin is attractive.

Last edited by etv78; 06-22-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Taomist Taomist is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Does Anderson Cooper count?
'cause he makes me wish I were a gay man. <3
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Eve Eve is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkel View Post
OMG, I thought I was the only one. When he's on TV, he could be announcing the end of the world, but in my head I hear a steamy romance novel scene playing out with images of him....]
I know!

Richard Engel: "A suicide bomb attack in Egypt today killed 28 people, including a mother and her newborn . . . "

Eve: "He's so dreeeeeaaaamy . . . "
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Little Nemo Little Nemo is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Western New York
Posts: 58,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by etv78 View Post
Even though she makes me think,"So pretty, SOO stupid," I think Michelle Malkin is attractive.
Yes, I could totally hate-fuck her.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 AM
FriarTed FriarTed is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: IN USA
Posts: 12,918
Monica Crowley

https://www.google.com/search?q=Moni...w=1024&bih=600

Chris Jansing

https://www.google.com/search?q=chri...w=1024&bih=600

Erin Burnett

https://www.google.com/search?q=erin...w=1024&bih=600

Laura Ingraham

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...LYPM2gXRguncCQ

Meghan McCain

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...A8X42gXh77TZCQ

And yeah, Karen Finney
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Sophistry and Illusion Sophistry and Illusion is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriarTed View Post
Erin Burnett
I'll second that.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Mika Brzenzinski yet.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 AM
BigT BigT is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Never would have thought the McCain would be the prettiest one. Wowsa.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Ferret Herder Ferret Herder is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve View Post
"Krystal Ball?!" She sounds like a stripper at the Troc!
Apparently her dad was a physicist and did his dissertation on crystals. The first time I saw her, I had to look her up to figure out if she took a spouse's surname and I thought that must really be love - or her original surname was terrible! Instead, the answer appears to be that she really does love her dad even though he has a terrible sense of humor.

And yes, Richard Engel. Mmmm. My love for Brian Williams (even though he could stand to lay off the tanning a tad) was cemented by his performance as guest host on Saturday Night Live a few years back. The man can act!

Last edited by Ferret Herder; 06-24-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Bayard Bayard is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister nyx View Post
I came in to mention Ari. When I first saw a photo of him I was sort of outraged that someone that pretty was working radio and that I'd been listening to him for years without knowing. Sadly, he's married.
I asked my wife, "What do you think Ari Shapiro looks like?" She said, "I don't know. Probably short, bald, and a little fat." I showed her the picture you linked, and her jaw dropped a little. She gasped, "Oh my god!"

Last edited by Bayard; 06-24-2012 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-24-2012, 01:27 PM
etv78 etv78 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret Herder View Post
Apparently her dad was a physicist and did his dissertation on crystals. The first time I saw her, I had to look her up to figure out if she took a spouse's surname and I thought that must really be love - or her original surname was terrible! Instead, the answer appears to be that she really does love her dad even though he has a terrible sense of humor.

And yes, Richard Engel. Mmmm. My love for Brian Williams (even though he could stand to lay off the tanning a tad) was cemented by his performance as guest host on Saturday Night Live a few years back. The man can act!
He can also totally "slow jam" the news!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Eve Eve is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by etv78 View Post
He can also totally "slow jam" the news!
Brian Williams could slow jam me anytime.

[Who said that? Did I say that? I never said that.]
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-24-2012, 03:15 PM
MPB in Salt Lake MPB in Salt Lake is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 4,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve View Post
Brian Williams could slow jam me anytime.

[Who said that? Did I say that? I never said that.]
Yes, I am sure you are exactly his type....
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Chicagojeff Chicagojeff is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Ohh chiming in to vote for Isha Sesay on CNN.. beautiful with a british accent to boot!!!

http://news.sl/drwebsite/exec/view.c...ve=6&num=14238
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Eve Eve is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB in Salt Lake View Post
Yes, I am sure you are exactly his type....
I am quite aware that I am no one's "type," dear heart, so you can reassure Messrs. Engel and Williams that I have no designs on them.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Ephemera Ephemera is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister nyx View Post
I came in to mention Ari. When I first saw a photo of him I was sort of outraged that someone that pretty was working radio and that I'd been listening to him for years without knowing. Sadly, he's married.
Jesus Christ
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Ferret Herder Ferret Herder is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve View Post
I am quite aware that I am no one's "type," dear heart, so you can reassure Messrs. Engel and Williams that I have no designs on them.
Pfft. As if any of us in this thread have a snowball's chance with any of these lovelies.

But I can still have happy thoughts!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Idle Thoughts Idle Thoughts is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,342
Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB in Salt Lake View Post
Yes, I am sure you are exactly his type....
This is out of line and jerkish. Do not post like this again. This is a warning.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 PM
River Hippie River Hippie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: N.E. Indiana, USA
Posts: 3,487
Not sure if she qualifies as a political correspondent but Lara Logan could have her way with me...(I'll be in my bunk.)
Reply With Quote
Reply



Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2013 Sun-Times Media, LLC.