Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:43 AM
Damuri Ajashi Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Not nearly as bullshit as blaming the 50 year old man's wife for them. But some people do insist on blaming Hillary for everything regardless of how much sense it makes.
I have not heard anyone blaming her for Bill's infidelity. I have heard people criticize her for throwing other women under the bus to preserve Bill's political capital (which she would inherit when he left the white house).
Advertisements  
  #202  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:46 AM
Pantastic Pantastic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFootsZZZ View Post
Funny how he marches with MLK, and he's a racist?

I'm not saying that Hillary was a racist at all, but she was the "Goldwater girl", and used the term "Super Predators"... so Hillary supporters shouldn't throw stones.
That's highlights a major problem with the entire "Saint Hillary" line of attack. Hillary wanted to paint her opponents (especially Trump) as bad, and by extension her as good and pure. But in addition to not wanting to really dig in to the mud and try to make it stick (unlike Trump's "lock her up" chants), a lot of the negative campaigning also pointed out her lack of saintliness. You mentioned Sanders and how her attempts to paint him as a racist highlighted the 'super predators' work she did, and I think it happened even more with Trump.

Trump's so repulsive no one should even think about getting near him, but she was happy to be at his wedding. Trump's sexist comments are so awful no one should think about voting for him because that's wrong, but she'll defend the most powerful man in the world using his position to bang interns (and other Slick Willy shenanigans). Trump's dishonest and untrustworthy, but she's a career politician with decades of scandals, and handled the big one during the campaign awfully. Yeah, she's certainly not as bad as Trump, but she's also got enough dirt on her that pointing at Trump and saying "he's so bad, you must vote for me" just didn't work. I know that for me all of the 'Saint Hillary' stuff made me feel worse about voting for her, and turnout was a huge problem for her campaign.
  #203  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Damuri Ajashi Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
We're not even "slutshaming" Monica, so the point is moot.
See post 160. Would you say that was slutshaming if we said that about some woman that had a politically damaging affair with a Republican?
  #204  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:56 AM
Pleonast Pleonast is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Los 'Kamala'ngeles
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleonast View Post
That's the wrong response if you hope for the Democrats to do well in the coming elections.

The Democratic Party needs to discuss why it chose Hillary over Bernie. And then why they didn't turn out in the numbers they did for Barry. If they don't continue discussing these issues now, it's going to be restarted during the 2020 primaries. The sooner the party can get past this, by talking through, rather than avoiding, the better.
Here's the thing: it wasn't just the democratic machine that selected Hillary Clinton. She actually won more votes than Bernie Sanders. Why did she get more votes in the Democratic party? Oh I don't know, maybe because she had been among the most recognizable democrats for 30 years and ran as a Democrat whereas her opponent had been an independent and ran as a Democrat to get more attention. These sorts of inaccuracies in describing Hillary Clinton's nomination aren't helping, either.
You are badly misreading me. When I say "the Democratic Party chose Hillary over Bernie" I mean precisely that. The whole party, not the leadership or DNC. "Chose", not "rigged". That is, pretty much the opposite of what you're inferring.
  #205  
Old 09-18-2017, 09:19 AM
Gyrate Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Deepest South London
Posts: 19,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
I have not heard anyone blaming her for Bill's infidelity. I have heard people criticize her for throwing other women under the bus to preserve Bill's political capital (which she would inherit when he left the white house).
See post #87.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
See post 160. Would you say that was slutshaming if we said that about some woman that had a politically damaging affair with a Republican?
Post 160 isn't slutshaming Monica; it's mocking your ludicrous characterization of events. So no, I wouldn't say that.

It's not slutshaming to point out that Monica was a willing - nay, initiating - participant in the encounter. She wasn't coerced in any way by Bill (nor by Hillary) and it's a little odd to pretend that a 22-year-old - particularly a 22-year-old capable enough to get a job in the White House - didn't have agency in the matter. To the extent she and Bill deserved to be shamed it's not for the sex per se but for the infidelity, and the blame there falls more heavily on Bill.
__________________
"I always forget to carry the kitten when doing the math." - Folly
"Most smart people aren't very smart when they are on fire." - Der Trihs
"Well, if she's already gone to Yahoo! Answers, I don't know what more we can hope to add to the discussion." - DrFidelius

Last edited by Gyrate; 09-18-2017 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Cited wrong post number
  #206  
Old 09-18-2017, 11:30 AM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 43,152
Point is, it's all Hillary's fault for being such a whatever and anything she could have done or said would be wrong.

That's about it, right?
  #207  
Old 09-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Urbanredneck Urbanredneck is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,573
I'd just like to ask, did any of you attend either a Hillary or Bernie rally?

Did any of your local parades have floats for Bernie or Hillary?

What bumper stickers were you seeing?

As for rallies a friend went to one which was PACKED with lines down the block while I read Hillaries had to use celebrities to bring in people and/or used camera tricks to pretend their was an excited crowd.

Some interesting videos:

Video of crowd chanting "Bernie" over Hillary.


Video of Bernie shutting down Hillary in debate
  #208  
Old 09-18-2017, 02:46 PM
MyFootsZZZ MyFootsZZZ is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
I'd just like to ask, did any of you attend either a Hillary or Bernie rally?

Did any of your local parades have floats for Bernie or Hillary?

What bumper stickers were you seeing?

As for rallies a friend went to one which was PACKED with lines down the block while I read Hillaries had to use celebrities to bring in people and/or used camera tricks to pretend their was an excited crowd.

Some interesting videos:

Video of crowd chanting "Bernie" over Hillary.


Video of Bernie shutting down Hillary in debate
I went to a Bernie Rally... the kids love him.
  #209  
Old 09-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Sherrerd Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Point is, it's all Hillary's fault for being such a whatever and anything she could have done or said would be wrong.

That's about it, right?
That's it.

Hillary, who, like every human being, is imperfect, has become the scapegoat for whatever resentments seethe inside any particular opinor. Everything she does and everything she says is, by definition, wrong.

Take the 'she threw Bill's accusers under the bus' article of anti-Hillary faith, for example: what wife praises the women with whom her husband commited adultery?

Common sense is banished when it comes to our universal scapegoat, who is symbolically imbued with every negative trait; she is simply always incorrect.
__________________
__________________

Self-correction is the secret strength of freedom. ---George W. Bush, 19 October 2017
  #210  
Old 09-18-2017, 03:13 PM
John Mace John Mace is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 79,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
That's it.

Hillary, who, like every human being, is imperfect, has become the scapegoat for whatever resentments seethe inside any particular opinor. Everything she does and everything she says is, by definition, wrong.

Take the 'she threw Bill's accusers under the bus' article of anti-Hillary faith, for example: what wife praises the women with whom her husband commited adultery?
That might make some sense if those were the only two options.
  #211  
Old 09-18-2017, 03:41 PM
Sherrerd Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
That might make some sense if those were the only two options.
Sure, there are women who studiously say nothing about their husbands' playmates. And let's face it, many feel that the correct rule of conduct for the female of the species, in general, is "Women should be seen and not heard."

But the point is that there are millions of women who do say unkind things about the 'other woman'---yet are not held up as examples of horrible behavior, for so doing. Many (other than strict male supremacists) seem to feel that it's reasonably understandable for a woman to say unkind things about the 'other woman.'

Not for Hillary, though.
__________________
__________________

Self-correction is the secret strength of freedom. ---George W. Bush, 19 October 2017
  #212  
Old 09-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Evan Drake Evan Drake is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Hillary, who, like every human being, is imperfect, has become the scapegoat for whatever resentments seethe inside any particular opinor. Everything she does and everything she says is, by definition, wrong.

Kinda like Trump then.
  #213  
Old 09-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Sherrerd Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Drake View Post
Kinda like Trump then.
Trump is more like Martin Shkreli: many, many people look at each of his actions and each of his utterances and find each one to be appalling--because they actually are. (To large numbers of people, anyway. I suppose even Martin must have his fans.) Some people are criticized legitimately.

Hillary, by contrast, gets heaped with derision for doing things that other people also do, though those other people aren't heaped with derision for doing those things. Examples: wearing a pantsuit, or writing a book in which each sentence fails to be "I'm an awful person."

Many other people have written books containing numerous sentences other than "I'm an awful person"---without being disparaged for it. (True!) Similarly, many women have worn pantsuits without being scorned and derided for it.

But our Universal Scapegoat is always in the wrong--even for things that other people do without incurring criticism.
__________________
__________________

Self-correction is the secret strength of freedom. ---George W. Bush, 19 October 2017
  #214  
Old 09-18-2017, 05:43 PM
John Mace John Mace is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 79,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Sure, there are women who studiously say nothing about their husbands' playmates. And let's face it, many feel that the correct rule of conduct for the female of the species, in general, is "Women should be seen and not heard."

But the point is that there are millions of women who do say unkind things about the 'other woman'---yet are not held up as examples of horrible behavior, for so doing. Many (other than strict male supremacists) seem to feel that it's reasonably understandable for a woman to say unkind things about the 'other woman.'

Not for Hillary, though.
Can you think of any significant difference between Hillary and those millions of other women you mention? Anything at all?
  #215  
Old 09-18-2017, 06:05 PM
Sherrerd Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Can you think of any significant difference between Hillary and those millions of other women you mention? Anything at all?
You mean as in 'she's the most uppity woman who ever lived'....? Running for President!! Unspeakable. Insupportable. Intolerable.
__________________
__________________

Self-correction is the secret strength of freedom. ---George W. Bush, 19 October 2017
  #216  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:04 PM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 43,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mace View Post
Can you think of any significant difference between Hillary and those millions of other women you mention? Anything at all?
She didn't know enough to keep in her place and shut up if she knew what was good for her, you mean?
  #217  
Old 09-19-2017, 04:51 AM
Gyrate Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Deepest South London
Posts: 19,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
That's it.

Hillary, who, like every human being, is imperfect, has become the scapegoat for whatever resentments seethe inside any particular opinor. Everything she does and everything she says is, by definition, wrong.

Take the 'she threw Bill's accusers under the bus' article of anti-Hillary faith, for example: what wife praises the women with whom her husband commited adultery?

Common sense is banished when it comes to our universal scapegoat, who is symbolically imbued with every negative trait; she is simply always incorrect.
Also, she clearly only stayed with Bill after doing the political calculations to show that staying married played better in Peoria. It's unthinkable that she might actually still love the big two-timing jerk (well, a lot more than two, to be fair).

Presumably she only had a child because it focus-grouped well.
__________________
"I always forget to carry the kitten when doing the math." - Folly
"Most smart people aren't very smart when they are on fire." - Der Trihs
"Well, if she's already gone to Yahoo! Answers, I don't know what more we can hope to add to the discussion." - DrFidelius
  #218  
Old 09-19-2017, 08:32 AM
Damuri Ajashi Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
See post #87.
I almost never agree with urbanrenec and I don't agree with that post either but I don't see him blaming Hillary for Bill's infidelity. Can you explain how that post is blaming Hillary for Bill's infidelity?

Quote:
Post 160 isn't slutshaming Monica; it's mocking your ludicrous characterization of events. So no, I wouldn't say that.
I was responding to a post that said in part:

"the intern in question was the one that initiated that particular sexual encounter (which involved no "banging" except of the finger (and cigar) variety), "

So I said:

"you don't get to blame a 22 year old woman for the infidelities of a 50 year old man. That's kind of bullshit isn't it?"

Merneith responded:

"You can certainly blame the 22 year old for her own active participation in a destructive and deceitful event. It's not like she was just going about her day, minding her own business, when suddenly Bill's dick fell in her mouth. "

Blaming Monica for letting the most powerful man in the free world's dick fall into her mouth seems like slutshaming. If the same thing had happened with Trump, people would be lining up to support all the poor women who were sexually harassed by him and would be much less critical of any young 22 year old woman that let his dick fall into their mouth.

Quote:
It's not slutshaming to point out that Monica was a willing - nay, initiating - participant in the encounter. She wasn't coerced in any way by Bill (nor by Hillary) and it's a little odd to pretend that a 22-year-old - particularly a 22-year-old capable enough to get a job in the White House - didn't have agency in the matter.
Are sluts usually assumed to be unwilling or incapable of making decisions? That would be closer to rape or sexual assault, wouldn't it? It is exactly that willingness that people point to when they label women sluts.

Monica started with an unpaid internship. Do you know how you get a internship in the white house? The most common avenue is having family members that make a assload of political donations. She got a paid gig after she started having sexual relations with Bill. What makes you say she initiated the relationship, not that I don't believe you or that it matters but I had not heard this?

Quote:
To the extent she and Bill deserved to be shamed it's not for the sex per se but for the infidelity, and the blame there falls more heavily on Bill.
I don't know how you separate the sex from the infidelity. There is a long history of the "other woman" getting treated like a leper for life while the husband recovers their status after a period of contrition.

And Hillary was critical of all he women who accused Bill of sexual harassment because she was trying to protect her political capital and she didn't give a shit about those women so according to Madeleine Albright, there is probably a special place in hell for her.
  #219  
Old 09-19-2017, 08:39 AM
Damuri Ajashi Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
That's it.

Hillary, who, like every human being, is imperfect, has become the scapegoat for whatever resentments seethe inside any particular opinor. Everything she does and everything she says is, by definition, wrong.

Take the 'she threw Bill's accusers under the bus' article of anti-Hillary faith, for example: what wife praises the women with whom her husband commited adultery?

Common sense is banished when it comes to our universal scapegoat, who is symbolically imbued with every negative trait; she is simply always incorrect.
And why would you nominate such an unpopular person to be president? Sounds like a bonehead move.

Washington DC is filled to overflowing with hard working, capable, competent people, with a vast wealth of policy knowledge. What makes Hillary better than them? She was supposed to be electable and able to put some of those policies into action. A politician who can't get elected without the party clearing the field for her is a shitty politician.

She doesn't have to praise the women her husband sexually assaulted but she didn't have to throw them under the bus either.
  #220  
Old 09-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Damuri Ajashi Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Sure, there are women who studiously say nothing about their husbands' playmates. And let's face it, many feel that the correct rule of conduct for the female of the species, in general, is "Women should be seen and not heard."

But the point is that there are millions of women who do say unkind things about the 'other woman'---yet are not held up as examples of horrible behavior, for so doing. Many (other than strict male supremacists) seem to feel that it's reasonably understandable for a woman to say unkind things about the 'other woman.'

Not for Hillary, though.
You would have a point if that were the only example of her horrible behavior.
  #221  
Old 09-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Damuri Ajashi Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Also, she clearly only stayed with Bill after doing the political calculations to show that staying married played better in Peoria. It's unthinkable that she might actually still love the big two-timing jerk (well, a lot more than two, to be fair).
So you thin there was no political calculation involved when she decided to stay with Bill and de-legitimize the claims of the women who accused bill of sexual assault? Why is it that women's groups almost assume the guilt of the accused in every sexual assault except when the accused in Bill Clinton? I don't mean that in an accusatory way but it has been remarked upon in the past and I never got a good answer. ISTM that anyone accusing a powerful man (Republican or Democrat) of sexual harassment is usually believed by women's groups, except when the accused is Bill. Why is that?

Quote:
Presumably she only had a child because it focus-grouped well.
I am sure she loves Bill. I think that she loves her daughter. That doesn't make her a good person, or a good politician.
  #222  
Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 AM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 43,152
We get that you simply hate her. You don't need multiple consecutive posts exploring and repeating any possible rationalizations you can come up with to justify it. You'd do much better to recognize and apply consistent fact-based standards.
  #223  
Old 09-19-2017, 09:42 AM
billfish678 billfish678 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,573
Collin Powell, who I suspect is not a random trash talking asshole, said it best in that leaked email.

"Hillary Clinton screws up everything she touches with her hubris"

Or something along those lines.

How right he is/was/
  #224  
Old 09-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Sherrerd Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
You would have a point if that were the only example of her horrible behavior.
So you have some examples of "her horrible behavior"? What are they?
__________________
__________________

Self-correction is the secret strength of freedom. ---George W. Bush, 19 October 2017
  #225  
Old 09-20-2017, 07:12 AM
asahi asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFootsZZZ View Post
Funny how he marches with MLK, and he's a racist?

I'm not saying that Hillary was a racist at all, but she was the "Goldwater girl", and used the term "Super Predators"... so Hillary supporters shouldn't throw stones.
She *was* a Goldwater girl. Reagan *was* a Democrat...who turned out to be the iconic Republican. What's your point?

And again, the super predators comment was not in any way racist. Many members of the congressional black caucus (in fact most, IIRC) supported Clinton's crime bill. Bernie Sanders did something even Hillary Clinton didn't do by *voting* for the crime bill. I don't have a problem with people critiquing Hillary - there's a lot to critique. But criticisms ought to be valid and accurate, not just Bernie Bro regurgitation.
  #226  
Old 09-20-2017, 07:14 AM
asahi asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
I'd just like to ask, did any of you attend either a Hillary or Bernie rally?

Did any of your local parades have floats for Bernie or Hillary?

What bumper stickers were you seeing?

As for rallies a friend went to one which was PACKED with lines down the block while I read Hillaries had to use celebrities to bring in people and/or used camera tricks to pretend their was an excited crowd.

Some interesting videos:

Video of crowd chanting "Bernie" over Hillary.


Video of Bernie shutting down Hillary in debate
Ironically, no. I did end up attending a Trump rally (well, outside of the auditorium as it was full by the time I got there), as a curious bystander.

<Ducking down to avoid flying objects>

It was near my apartment, okay?!!! I couldn't not check it out.

Last edited by asahi; 09-20-2017 at 07:15 AM.
  #227  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Gyrate Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Deepest South London
Posts: 19,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
I almost never agree with urbanrenec and I don't agree with that post either but I don't see him blaming Hillary for Bill's infidelity. Can you explain how that post is blaming Hillary for Bill's infidelity?
If he's not blaming Hillary for the infidelity she "let" happen, why would it affect Hillary's moral standing?

Quote:
I was responding to a post that said in part:

"the intern in question was the one that initiated that particular sexual encounter (which involved no "banging" except of the finger (and cigar) variety), "

So I said:

"you don't get to blame a 22 year old woman for the infidelities of a 50 year old man. That's kind of bullshit isn't it?"

Merneith responded:

"You can certainly blame the 22 year old for her own active participation in a destructive and deceitful event. It's not like she was just going about her day, minding her own business, when suddenly Bill's dick fell in her mouth. "

Blaming Monica for letting the most powerful man in the free world's dick fall into her mouth seems like slutshaming.
Blaming her for the consequences of her actions isn't "slutshaming"; it's "accountability". Handwaving away her responsibility in the affair as you did is ridiculous. You will note that I already said I consider Bill even more responsible for what happened - am I slutshaming him too? And the issue here isn't that she had sex but who she had sex with and in what context.
Quote:
If the same thing had happened with Trump, people would be lining up to support all the poor women who were sexually harassed by him and would be much less critical of any young 22 year old woman that let his dick fall into their mouth.
Ah, the "If my hypothetical were true, you'd be a hypocrite!" argument. Always a winner.

And I note you are continuing to deliberately blur the lines between a consensual sexual encounter and sexual assault in order to support a false equivalence. Presumably there have been many women (other than his wives) over the years who have had consensual sex with Donald Trump. No one is complaining about them (well, maybe about their taste in men). The married woman he pinned up against a wall and groped against her will? You're damn right we condemn that.

Quote:
Are sluts usually assumed to be unwilling or incapable of making decisions? That would be closer to rape or sexual assault, wouldn't it? It is exactly that willingness that people point to when they label women sluts.
As you're the only one calling Monica a "slut" here, I'm not sure what the point is of this is other than to build a strawman.

Quote:
Monica started with an unpaid internship. Do you know how you get a internship in the white house? The most common avenue is having family members that make a assload of political donations. She got a paid gig after she started having sexual relations with Bill.
Are you insinuating a quid pro quo here? And if so, have you got anything to back it up?

Quote:
What makes you say she initiated the relationship, not that I don't believe you or that it matters but I had not heard this?
I said she initiated the sex, and I said so because Monica has openly said it on multiple occasions. This is not to say that Clinton was the unwilling victim of her feminine wiles - she described it as "a mutual relationship, mutual on all levels, right from the way it started and all the way through".

Quote:
I don't know how you separate the sex from the infidelity.
It's pretty easy. I did it above.

Quote:
There is a long history of the "other woman" getting treated like a leper for life while the husband recovers their status after a period of contrition.
And that's relevant to your argument, how..?

Quote:
And Hillary was critical of all he women who accused Bill of sexual harassment because she was trying to protect her political capital and she didn't give a shit about those women so according to Madeleine Albright, there is probably a special place in hell for her.
...and we're back to your virulent hatred for Hillary. You really just can't help yourself.
__________________
"I always forget to carry the kitten when doing the math." - Folly
"Most smart people aren't very smart when they are on fire." - Der Trihs
"Well, if she's already gone to Yahoo! Answers, I don't know what more we can hope to add to the discussion." - DrFidelius
  #228  
Old 09-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Damuri Ajashi Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
We get that you simply hate her. You don't need multiple consecutive posts exploring and repeating any possible rationalizations you can come up with to justify it. You'd do much better to recognize and apply consistent fact-based standards.
Its taking longer than we thought.
  #229  
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM
TriPolar TriPolar is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 37,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by billfish678 View Post
Collin Powell, who I suspect is not a random trash talking asshole, said it best in that leaked email.

"Hillary Clinton screws up everything she touches with her hubris"

Or something along those lines.

How right he is/was/
That is an excellent way to describe it. She has an attitude of entitlement yet she is very unaccomplished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
So you have some examples of "her horrible behavior"? What are they?
Adding to the hubris, she is a very dishonest person. This has been seen in many ways. She presents herself as an accomplished person, going back to Arkansas touting an education program that was actually a total failure, claiming that the easy money she made in sweetheart deals was just ordinary investing based on reading the Wall St. Journal, participating in the smearing of the women who accused her husband of sexual misconduct, the Travelgate affair where she was clearly dishonest about her participation, even if her statements did not rise to the level of a crime, she throws the blame on her mistakes on others as in the case of the Iran war vote where she blames Bush Jr. for lying to her. And the big one recently about the email destruction, she was obviously covering up something, even if it was nothing important, but we have no idea what it was. She lawyers up in any controversial situation, she is not a forthcoming person, and she has switched sides on political issues many times. She may not be the kind of bald faced liar that Trump is, but she's not an honest trustworthy person either, it's not a single incident problem, it's a pattern in her life of dissembling and cover-up. Certainly all politicians do this kind of thing, but she has done it repeatedly without seeming to have learned from her past mistakes, and by no means could she be considered a virtuous person.
  #230  
Old 09-21-2017, 10:14 AM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 43,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Its taking longer than we thought.
Are you interested in learning how multiquote works?
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2017 Sun-Times Media, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017