Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 05:34 PM

This is all fine discussion. However, can it be had in a different thread? I'd like to enjoy the next week without seeing ditka's name constantly in the top of the "new post" list.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
Don't try for cute, motherfucker. It doesn't suit your idiot ass.
No, I don't "have to admit" jack.
"Almost like a trap"? How very fucking coy.
Oh, it's very much a thing. The original comic was as funny as it was because it described behaviour that we all already knew intimately.

How the fuck could you tell? You erroneously seem to think a few fucking swears is going off the deep end, you one-track cuntpony.
You're an angry little man.
Old 09-28-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
You're an angry little man.
Saying it does not make it so, fuckstick. But ad hominem is all you've got, since you've no substantive reply. Tosser.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
I think Ditka does like to needle the libs a bit. I donít see anything wrong with that.
Assuming that by "a bit" you mean that that is the whole purpose of his existence on this board and that is all he ever does. And I see a lot wrong with that. And that's why, after enduring interminable sealioning, the mods issued that note governing his future posts.
Quote:
Conservatives get far more vitriol thrown their way in terms of volume and intensity. The fact that most of it goes non-noted much less non warned seems biased even though that is always denied in a Baghdad Bobesque fashion.
The first part may be true only insofar as on this board, as in the real world, reality has a liberal bias, and bullshit is challenged. The second sentence is precisely the kind of bullshit that perennially comes up in ATMB and for which there has never been a shred of evidence.
Quote:
WillF strikes me as someone who is enamored with the concept of libertarianism but hasnít read enough to realize that you need some counter force to powerful economic entities. Iím pretty free market and pretty anti-statist and even I recognize that I donít want amoral corporations ruling the world.
You're overthinking it. I stand by my assessment: WillFarnaby is insane, the equivalent of a ranting street-corner anarchist, and any attempt to have a dialog with him is equally futile.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:09 AM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Extensively snipped for the money shot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
"... WillFarnaby is insane,...
Old 10-04-2019, 05:20 PM

What's the timing between Ditka's suspension and the arrival of Northeast Whats-s-troll ? I realize their tones are quite different ó Maybe Whats-his-troll is Ditka's friend?
Old 10-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

I suspect a Fight Club situation. Our new friend is just HurricaneDitka with the phony veneer of civility scraped off.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:29 PM

Ditka's back, by the way. Time will tell if he's learned anything from his suspension.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Other than to move his hands back a couple of millimeters in the "I'm Not Touching You!" game?
Old 10-04-2019, 08:36 PM

Max S. Go Fuck Yourself!
Fuck you.

(Oh Hell, I intended to start a new thread with this. Anyway, it's out there and I feel better. Fuck you, too, Ditka.)

Last edited by bobot; 10-04-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:20 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Max S. Go Fuck Yourself!
Fuck you.

(Oh Hell, I intended to start a new thread with this. Anyway, it's out there and I feel better. Fuck you, too, Ditka.)
Meh. He's writing coherently and not obviously just parroting Fox.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:20 PM

C'mon man, linky?
Old 10-05-2019, 08:56 AM

He's completely fuckered up the impeachment inquiry thread. He can't declare that Trump was wrong until there's a good investigation of the Bidens. And the fuck also won't state that Ukraine has no business conducting the investigation. It took me like 3 pages even to figure out what the fuck his position was. He has a unique ability to use lots and lots of words, that when taken as a whole hardly state anything at all.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
What's the timing between Ditka's suspension and the arrival of Northeast Whats-s-troll ? I realize their tones are quite different ó Maybe Whats-his-troll is Ditka's friend?
Nah. Refugee is the classic not-bright (but thinks he is) Russian troll who gets assigned to a low-traffic board. HD is the classic not-bright (but thinks he is) tedious asswipe kind of troll who does it for the fun of (thinking he's) making the libs cry.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Nah. Refugee is the classic not-bright (but thinks he is) Russian troll who gets assigned to a low-traffic board. HD is the classic not-bright (but thinks he is) tedious asswipe kind of troll who does it for the fun of (thinking he's) making the libs cry.
I'm pretty sure Refugee is Terr/Okrahoma. IDF veteran, the exact same political positions and posting style, knowledge of Russian... seems obvious, to me. I wonder if TPTB are investigating.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
He's completely fuckered up the impeachment inquiry thread. He can't declare that Trump was wrong until there's a good investigation of the Bidens. And the fuck also won't state that Ukraine has no business conducting the investigation. It took me like 3 pages even to figure out what the fuck his position was. He has a unique ability to use lots and lots of words, that when taken as a whole hardly state anything at all.
I completely disagree. I don't find his position compelling, but he's offering a nuanced position, and he's listening and responding to what other folks say. There's nothing wrong at all with someone doing that; and if we drive off the Max S.'s of the world, the only conservatives left on the board will be Hurricane and Shodan and their ilk, snarky idiots who will believe the dumbest shit rather than admit error.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
he's offering a nuanced position
That isn't a synonym for confused. He's being contrarian, not principled.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Ditka's back, by the way. Time will tell if he's learned anything from his suspension.
This place was nice during his absence, wasnít it? Itís amazing how many threads heís allowed to dominate with his trolling and with him gone, the tone across several forums changed.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonk28 View Post
This place was nice during his absence, wasnít it? Itís amazing how many threads heís allowed to dominate with his trolling and with him gone, the tone across several forums changed.
He's jerking off right now reading these words over and over.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
He's jerking off right now reading these words over and over.
Probably. By not being here this past week it just really underscored how ridiculous his behavior is and how feckless the moderating here is.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
If the hive had it's way all posts would be a version of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3^0.5 of 91^.5
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You really want that?
Old 10-05-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:

You really want that?
Hey, Chester, if Spike leaves, you can just fuck right off along with him.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Hey, Chester, if Spike leaves, you can just fuck right off along with him.
Bzzzzzzzz!
Old 10-06-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:

You really want that?
Jesus fucking Christ dude, do you live in the fucking pit? Don't you have underachieving children to raise?

What was nice about his absence was that threads were allowed to be about their intended subject. Hurricane is all about coming in and derailing the conversation so that it is about nitpicking with him, rather than discussing the topic at hand. It's trolling and it's been allowed to go on for a very long time.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
I'm pretty sure Refugee is Terr/Okrahoma. IDF veteran, the exact same political positions and posting style, knowledge of Russian... seems obvious, to me. I wonder if TPTB are investigating.
Where did Refugee say he was former IDF and demonstrate knowledge of Russian?
Old 10-06-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Refugee is Terr/Okrahoma.
So, were Terr and Okrahoma the same person? I've only the vaguest impression of Okrahoma (right-wing IIRC). Terr — unless I'm conflating him with a similar name — claimed to be a data processing professional and liked to double-down proudly when I pointed out 2 or 3 of his ignorances about elementary math.

Last edited by septimus; 10-06-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnalK View Post
Where did Refugee say he was former IDF and demonstrate knowledge of Russian?
Can't post links right now (at least not without a bunch of effort), but he says he's in the IDF after I asked him in the Ilhan Omar, post 926 I think. Also, I'm not sure if it's that thread or another, but someone said something to him in Russian and he responded in Russian.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
So, were Terr and Okrahoma the same person? I've only the vaguest impression of Okrahoma (right-wing IIRC). Terr ó unless I'm conflating him with a similar name ó claimed to be a data processing professional and liked to double-down proudly when I pointed out 2 or 3 of his ignorances about elementary math.
In the pit thread for Trump supporters, I poked him about being a Russian troll and he answered in Russian.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
In the pit thread for Trump supporters, I poked him about being a Russian troll and he answered in Russian.
Wasn't he just showing off that he could click Google Translate? (A real Russian troll wouldn't do that?)

But are/were Okrahoma and Terr the same person? Are there are other socks whose identities have been published? (Or is this a verboten topic under SDMB rules?)

(Previewing this post before clicking Submit I see that 5 out of five sentences terminate with a question mark ó is this my personal record?)
Old 10-07-2019, 04:40 PM

It was so nice having a break from HD, but he's back along with the new dumbshit duo of NE Refugee and Fentoine Lum. WillFarnaby is still here spraying his brand of shit all over as well.

Serenity now!
Old 10-07-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
It was so nice having a break from HD, but he's back along with the new dumbshit duo of NE Refugee and Fentoine Lum. WillFarnaby is still here spraying his brand of shit all over as well.

Serenity now!
Lum is done. Banned in the impeachment thread.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
Lum is done. Banned in the impeachment thread.
Thank god. That guy was making WF look rational.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Wasn't he just showing off that he could click Google Translate? (A real Russian troll wouldn't do that?)

But are/were Okrahoma and Terr the same person? Are there are other socks whose identities have been published? (Or is this a verboten topic under SDMB rules?)

(Previewing this post before clicking Submit I see that 5 out of five sentences terminate with a question mark ó is this my personal record?)
I agree that heís probably Terr. He came in already familiar with how the Dope operates.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Horrified Onlooker

Quote:

Nope. It's 6 out of six.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:

(Previewing this post before clicking Submit I see that 5 out of five sentences terminate with a question mark — is this my personal record?)
Terr and Okrahoma were the same person. I asked a mod about it shortly after Okrahoma was banned. I took some initiative the other day, and asked a mod to look to see if Northeast Refugee was a new legit poster, or a returning sock. No word yet, so make of that what you will.

I make no claim as to whether all of the above-mentioned posters are the same person.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

He's learned nothing.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Did you expect him to? Did the mods?
Old 10-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Report that shit.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
All he really needs to know he learned in Hitlerjugend.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
Report that shit.
I dunno if it breaks board rules, but goddamn, it should.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
If you're interested in actual diversity of opinion, you might reflect how frequently you beat the drum of "boo hoo the mean hive."

You might also reflect that just because you have the same intellectual and emotional response to every post, does not in fact mean they're the same.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:59 PM

Apparently, HD has grave concerns about whether Beto O'Rourke is hurting Democratic electoral chances:

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=883502

I'm sure this isn't a disingenuous ploy to spread the word on Beto's stupid position.

Oh, and I see Shodan has stepped in with his own take. It's going to be a great thread! My favorite reply so far was VT's.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:18 PM

Every single public figure, even Moscow Mitch and Lindsey Graham, agree that it was disgraceful and stupid, even by his standards, for Trump to essentially invite the Turkish dictator to come massacre the Kurds.

But not HD. Even on this issue he supports his wise and powerful leader. (No link; I only see HD's "thinking," when someone quotes him to rebuke him.)
Old 10-11-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
If taking quotes out of context or selectively quoting something misleading was against the rules at least half the hive would gone.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
If taking quotes out of context or selectively quoting something misleading was against the rules at least half the hive would gone.
Your hive idiocy aside, taking a quote that far out of context--i.e., taking a clause out of a sentence in a way that completely changes the overall meaning of the class--ought to be warnable. Anyone that would get rid of, I'd applaud their absence.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Please cite that this is a common practice. I call bullshit, but if this is common, I agree those people should be warned or banned. Pulling quotes out of context in order to mislead the reader is just lying. Since liars can't be called out anywhere but here, it's up to the mods to do something when such lying is obvious.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Every single public figure, even Moscow Mitch and Lindsey Graham, agree that it was disgraceful and stupid, even by his standards, for Trump to essentially invite the Turkish dictator to come massacre the Kurds.

But not HD. Even on this issue he supports his wise and powerful leader. (No link; I only see HD's "thinking," when someone quotes him to rebuke him.)
He clearly really really really really covets the opportunity to ruin the landscape with his toys. If I were in his position I'd make my life here a bit simpler and just admit that I intend to continue supporting Trump despite his being the worst possible human because with Trump in office I get to play with my ATV in what once was a national park wheee!
Old 10-11-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
Please cite that this is a common practice. I call bullshit, but if this is common, I agree those people should be warned or banned. Pulling quotes out of context in order to mislead the reader is just lying. Since liars can't be called out anywhere but here, it's up to the mods to do something when such lying is obvious.
It's huge with right wingers. It's how they can get their satisfying daily outrage over things like:
"...you didn't build that. ..."
What you're responding to is a lot of projection, another biggie with right wingers. Ditka even accused me of altering a quote's context once, because obviously, it's a practice of his. Someone else noticed that the article I had quoted had been updated at such and such a time- after I posted the quote. But of course Ditka and his defender here go right to "you do it, roo". It's just right wing projection. And also, it's the term you used, "bullshit".

Last edited by bobot; 10-11-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
It's huge with right wingers. It's how they can get their satisfying daily outrage over things like:
"...you didn't build that. ..."
What you're responding to is a lot of projection, another biggie with right wingers. Ditka even accused me of altering a quote's context once, because obviously, it's a practice of his. Someone else noticed that the article I had quoted had been updated at such and such a time- after I posted the quote. But of course Ditka and his defender here go right to "you do it, roo". It's just right wing projection. And also, it's the term you used, "bullshit".
Itís not bullshit at all. People here, quite often in this very pit, deliberately misrepresent quoted arguments and flat out lie.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Itís not bullshit at all. People here, quite often in this very pit, deliberately misrepresent quoted arguments and flat out lie.
"People"? You mean you and your ilk?

Anyway, Bubba, how 'bout them Patriots, hunh?
Closed Thread