Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Boy, do I feel like an idiot

As a companion thread to Tales of clumsiness, here's a thread where you admit to being a complete idiot. A boob. A dimwit. A knucklehead. A nincompoop. You get the idea.

I've been eating Trader Joe's French Onion Soup for at least 20 years. Probably longer. It comes frozen into little cylindrical pucks. Just pop the cylinder into an oven-safe bowl and heat in a 400ºF oven for 40 minutes. Yum. But I've always hated the packaging. I have to dirty a sharp knife to cut the cylinders out of their plastic pouches. Grrr!

So a few weeks ago I bought some spinach and artichoke dip from Trader Joe's. It's packaged in the same manner as the soup. Mrs. L.A. decided to heat it up. She removed the plastic pouch with the cylinder in it from the box. And then... She peeled the flat part of the plastic off!

I'm making the French Onion Soup for dinner tonight. Sure enough, the flat part of the plastic pouch peels right off.

Two decades or more, and I've been opening the soup wrong all these years!

I never bothered to read the box, which has the 'how to open' instructions on it.

OK, your turn.