Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2001, 12:14 PM
iamthewalrus(:3= is offline
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 11,778
What do I need to send a signal from my computer to a standard television? Is there some adapter, or do I need some kind of special card?
Old 07-22-2001, 01:32 PM
pkbites's Avatar
pkbites is offline
Charter Member
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Majikal Land O' Cheeze!
Posts: 10,874
There are a couple of things you can do. I found that the cheapest/quickest/easiest way was to get a scan converterthis is a simple device that plugs in where your monitor does, and has a jack to plug a cable into from the television. Wahla.....a 36 inch monitor 9or whatever size your t.v. is)

Using this method you don't have to install any video cards or anything. I bought one on E-bay about a year ago for $42.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to:

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Copyright © 2017