Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8201  
Old 07-17-2017, 05:13 AM
Nava Nava is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under the rainbow
Posts: 36,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie Eleison View Post
Well, we should be fair. It's possible that both parties are telling the truth.

The Secret Service has released a statement saying that they would not have vetted people meeting with Trump, Jr. because he was not under their protection at that time. However, their statement doesn't seem to rule out the possibility that they vetted the meeting's attendees for some other reason.
And someone can pass vetting for one thing and not pass it for something else. It's not as if "but I was allowed to bring my teenaged child to my cousin's wedding!" automatically qualifies said teenager to attend every business meeting their parents do.
Advertisements  
  #8202  
Old 07-17-2017, 07:55 AM
enipla enipla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 11,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
He'll just say that he built an invisible wall. That'll satisfy his base without having to spend a penny.
Saving thousands of lives since people won't be clobbered by 60lb sacks of drugs.
  #8203  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:02 AM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 42,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie Eleison View Post
The Secret Service has released a statement saying that they would not have vetted people meeting with Trump, Jr. because he was not under their protection at that time. However, their statement doesn't seem to rule out the possibility that they vetted the meeting's attendees for some other reason.
It does seem to increase the probability that the Trumps are simply impetuously lying to cover themselves, like six year olds caught with their hands in the cookie jar.
  #8204  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:06 AM
enipla enipla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 11,332
I just don't know what to think anymore. I'm stunned, truly stunned that that asshole has any support at all. I am very disappointed with my country.

I wouldn't allow that asshole to pet my dog.
  #8205  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:12 AM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 42,769
The election did make it clear that we aren't really the people I'd always thought us to be. Like you, I still haven't quite adjusted to the realization.
  #8206  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:34 AM
D_Odds D_Odds is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Queens
Posts: 11,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
The election did make it clear that we aren't really the people I'd always thought us to be. Like you, I still haven't quite adjusted to the realization.
We should have known the Trump base was out there, but the size and strength of that base is truly demoralizing. That the Republican party can keep getting so, so many to keep voting against their own self-interests shows how much better at marketing they are as opposed to the Democratic Party. While I still consider myself an independent, the current state of the RP makes it very hard for me to consider voting for one (and being a NYC resident, voting R is really nothing more than a protest vote against a D I might not like).
  #8207  
Old 07-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Happy Lendervedder Happy Lendervedder is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 13,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
We should have known the Trump base was out there, but the size and strength of that base is truly demoralizing. That the Republican party can keep getting so, so many to keep voting against their own self-interests shows how much better at marketing they are as opposed to the Democratic Party.
It even goes beyond voting against their own best interest. It's voting against their own best interest AND the best interest of society. The very rich have effectively convinced millions of people to vote in their (the very rich's) best interest, everyone else be damned.

Plenty of lefties on the wealthier end of the spectrum vote against their own best interest, but they do so with the eye on lifting up the other boats in the harbor.
  #8208  
Old 07-17-2017, 09:32 AM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 42,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
Plenty of lefties on the wealthier end of the spectrum vote against their own best interest, but they do so with the eye on lifting up the other boats in the harbor.
Some, like Warren Buffett and Mark Cuban, would say they are working in their own long-term personal best interests, since they can best grow their own wealth by having a growing, healthy economy in a fairer society to create that wealth. Only the short-sighted would see getting wealthier by taking from the less-advantaged as a good practice.

The amazing thing to me has been how well the Republicans have done at convincing so many that the short-sighted are on their side, that they need their taxes cut some more so they be motivated to create jobs, that any claim the 99% may have to a share is an economy-crippling burden, etc. Trump was right to say "I love the poorly educated".
  #8209  
Old 07-17-2017, 09:46 AM
simster simster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 9,886
I'm much more concernced with the current level of distrust in the system itself -

'fake news'
'shadow government'
the president himself not trusting his own agencies.

now get serious traction - its well beyond a healthy skepticism or mistrust (which can be used to keep things in check) - but this admin pushes that everyone is against them - it's cult like.

Last edited by simster; 07-17-2017 at 09:47 AM.
  #8210  
Old 07-17-2017, 09:53 AM
Walken After Midnight Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Only the short-sighted would see getting wealthier by taking from the less-advantaged as a good practice.
They sure are myopic. Hopefully, people will see things more clearly in 2020.
  #8211  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:13 AM
simster simster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 9,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
They sure are myopic. Hopefully, people will see things more clearly in 2020.
over the past several election cycles, there have always been people pushing that the sitting president would find a way to suspend elections, etc.

THis is the first time I give some level of credence to the theory.
  #8212  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Walken After Midnight Walken After Midnight is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by simster View Post
over the past several election cycles, there have always been people pushing that the sitting president would find a way to suspend elections, etc.

THis is the first time I give some level of credence to the theory.
Oh, I was just making a joke for the nearsighted dopers. I was hoping someone would say "I see what you did there", but I was probably targeting the wrong crowd.
  #8213  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Bayard Bayard is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Oh, I was just making a joke for the nearsighted dopers. I was hoping someone would say "I see what you did there", but I was probably targeting the wrong crowd.
I saw what you did (through my Coke bottle specs) and chuckled.
  #8214  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:34 AM
simster simster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 9,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Oh, I was just making a joke for the nearsighted dopers. I was hoping someone would say "I see what you did there", but I was probably targeting the wrong crowd.
I see it now - but i'm still clearly a bit unfocused.
  #8215  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:36 AM
QuickSilver QuickSilver is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 14,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Oh, I was just making a joke for the nearsighted dopers. I was hoping someone would say "I see what you did there", but I was probably targeting the wrong crowd.
I saw what you did there. But then, I'm far sighted.
  #8216  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:41 AM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 42,769
For anyone who feels like singing "Won't Get Fooled Again", I got some news - yes, you darn well will. And even if you don't, enough others will to keep you from mattering.
  #8217  
Old 07-17-2017, 11:01 AM
running coach running coach is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 30,641
The Outsourcer-In Chief wants to push "Made In America" Week
Quote:
Plagued by daily revelations related to the escalating Russia investigations, the White House is dubbing the coming week "Made in America week" as it tries to focus on issues that matter to the president's base.

Speaking to reporters at a hotel near President Donald Trump's golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey, White House director of media affairs Helen Aguirre Ferre said Sunday that the White House will be hosting a "Made in America" product showcase Monday featuring products from all 50 states.

The president also is expected to issue a proclamation Wednesday on the importance of making goods in America, and will travel to Virginia on Saturday for the commissioning of the USS Gerald R. Ford, a new aircraft carrier.
The White House refused to say if Trump would start making his products in this country.
  #8218  
Old 07-17-2017, 11:01 AM
SaneBill SaneBill is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
He'll just say that he built an invisible wall. That'll satisfy his base without having to spend a penny.
Indeed, and the drug smugglers don't dare to throw those 60 lb sacks over it because they won't see where and how high the wall is. If they throw too soon or too low the sack may bounce and hit their own head. It's genius, I'll tell ya.
  #8219  
Old 07-17-2017, 11:05 AM
raventhief raventhief is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
They sure are myopic. Hopefully, people will see things more clearly in 2020.
I saw what you did there. Of course, i had to bring my phone very close to my eyes to see it...
  #8220  
Old 07-17-2017, 11:30 AM
ElvisL1ves ElvisL1ves is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 42,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneBill View Post
Indeed, and the drug smugglers don't dare to throw those 60 lb sacks over it because they won't see where and how high the wall is. If they throw too soon or too low the sack may bounce and hit their own head. It's genius, I'll tell ya.
No more than two hits on a side before it goes over the wall, preferably by spiking it. No out of bounds, though.
  #8221  
Old 07-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Steve MB Steve MB is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 11,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
The Media
Obama
Clinton
The Secret Service
The Media
The Russians
Their Lawyers
Treasonous Leakers
Bingo!
__________________
The Internet: Nobody knows if you're a dog. Everybody knows if you're a jackass.
  #8222  
Old 07-17-2017, 03:14 PM
Sherrerd Sherrerd is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by simster View Post
I'm much more concernced with the current level of distrust in the system itself -

'fake news'
'shadow government'
the president himself not trusting his own agencies.

now get serious traction - its well beyond a healthy skepticism or mistrust (which can be used to keep things in check) - but this admin pushes that everyone is against them - it's cult like.
This IS insidious and destructive. It works on the well-supported theory that humans love to be flattered:

"You're much too smart to fall for the lie that government actions could ever have a positive effect of any kind!!!1!!!!"

Of course those being flattered don't stop to think about the advantages the manipulators themselves gain from the absence of government oversight or rules. The flattered folks are much too busy congratulating themselves for being so 'smart.'
  #8223  
Old 07-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Ann Hedonia Ann Hedonia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
No more than two hits on a side before it goes over the wall, preferably by spiking it. No out of bounds, though.
In another thread I commented that maybe they should line the US side of the wall with trampolines. That way the sacks of drugs will bounce back over the wall and hit the MEXICANS in the head! WINNING!
  #8224  
Old 07-17-2017, 03:31 PM
Randolph Randolph is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NxnyC
Posts: 1,019
Why not wind farms along the wall, too? The turbines would shred the sacks and drugs and birds into a dreamy, proteiny cloud that would then be pushed back into Mexico again. Everybody wins!
  #8225  
Old 07-17-2017, 04:21 PM
JohnT JohnT is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 18,487
Why should the birds be entitled to my smack? Let them score their own supply.

I mean, er, poor birds!
  #8226  
Old 07-17-2017, 04:53 PM
enipla enipla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 11,332
165 pages in this thread alone. And we've come full circle four or five times.

So easy to make jokes. But it's not a laughing matter. It sometimes seems the only way to deal with this absurd administration though.

What next? I don't care that much about the latest scandal. Unless it somehow removes him and his cronies.

Trump is an asshole. Plain and simple. He has made that perfectly clear for the last 30 fucking years.

A stupid, narcissistic asshole. That's about the nicest thing that could be said about him.
  #8227  
Old 07-17-2017, 06:23 PM
Eddie The Horrible Eddie The Horrible is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,943
Quote:
(from ABC news article linked above)....The president also is expected to issue a proclamation Wednesday on the importance of making goods in America, and will travel to Virginia on Saturday for the commissioning of the USS Gerald R. Ford, a new aircraft carrier.
Gee I wonder - as преЦАРдент Trump waves "congrats" at the boat opening, he'll probably be thinking, "Jesus fuck what's Ford's stupid fuckin name up there for when it obviously shoulda been MY fucking name!!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
Why not wind farms along the wall, too? The turbines would shred the sacks and drugs and birds into a dreamy, proteiny cloud that would then be pushed back into Mexico again. Everybody wins!
Or if they could turn up the setting on the solar panels that they're putting on top of the wall so that they're super hot and totally scorch/vaporize all those rucksacks of lobbed heroin.
  #8228  
Old 07-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 21,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie The Horrible View Post
Gee I wonder - as преЦАРдент Trump waves "congrats" at the boat opening, he'll probably be thinking, "Jesus fuck what's Ford's stupid fuckin name up there for when it obviously shoulda been MY fucking name!!!!"
CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford
CVN-79 John F. Kennedy - expected to be launched in 2018, commissioned 2020.
CVN-80 Enterprise - expected to be launched in 2023, commissioned in 2025.

I bet he's already asked to have the new Big E named after him instead.
  #8229  
Old 07-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Ann Hedonia Ann Hedonia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
165 pages in this thread alone. And we've come full circle four or five times.

So easy to make jokes. But it's not a laughing matter. It sometimes seems the only way to deal with this absurd administration though.

What next? I don't care that much about the latest scandal. Unless it somehow removes him and his cronies.

Trump is an asshole. Plain and simple. He has made that perfectly clear for the last 30 fucking years.

A stupid, narcissistic asshole. That's about the nicest thing that could be said about him.
Yeah, it's sad. I blame opioids, that's my latest theory. A correlation between counties affected by opioids and counties that went for Trump has been noted

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/17/505965...oted-for-trump

Most analysts seem to attribute it to the usual underemployed communities, decay and despair -- but I think they're missing it.
I think Trump won because there are millions of "Red State Americans" that are hopped up on OxyContin and black tar heroin bemoaning the like of job opportunities for borderline suicidal heroin addicts and they were high enough to believe Trump and think he looked good. That's the only possible explanation ,the whole thing is still totally surreal.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 07-17-2017 at 07:09 PM.
  #8230  
Old 07-17-2017, 07:19 PM
BeepKillBeep BeepKillBeep is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford
CVN-79 John F. Kennedy - expected to be launched in 2018, commissioned 2020.
CVN-80 Enterprise - expected to be launched in 2023, commissioned in 2025.

I bet he's already asked to have the new Big E named after him instead.
I can only hope that if he ever would the person he asked started laughing with tears streaming down their face.
  #8231  
Old 07-17-2017, 09:42 PM
Fiveyearlurker Fiveyearlurker is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,810
We should get Trump more trucks.
  #8232  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:04 PM
SteveG1 SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 11,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Well, if the Republicans pass their No-Health Care bill *and* pass their tax bill, I'm just waiting for the results to dawn on older Republican voters - their very base.

The 'Health' bill has already been shown to lead to skyrocketing rates for Older americans.

The Tax bill eliminates deductions for health insurance and medical expenses.

And they also want to slash social security. But even if they don't do that, the two above are quite the 1-2 punch to their base.
But they are the goat felchers who voted for him. They will follow his lead, and blame the Democrats. Because they are fucking stupid.
  #8233  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:08 PM
SteveG1 SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 11,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Fucking bullies.
Bunch of scumbags.

Some of the responses were priceless though.

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/07/f...ommission.html

http://aplus.com/a/voter-fraud-commi...etization=true
  #8234  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 PM
SteveG1 SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 11,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...and with this proclamation, the Trump administration can scale back the wall promises to a much more affordable fence: which can be built for substantially less, which will then be declared a huge victory.
But the fence will be built at WALL prices, with all the profits going to him.
  #8235  
Old 07-17-2017, 10:22 PM
Rick Kitchen Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 13,163
Rex Tillerson is closing the State Departmen's war crimes office.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/17/...rimes-office/?
  #8236  
Old 07-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Punoqllads Punoqllads is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Silly Cone Valley, CA
Posts: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Rex Tillerson is closing the State Departmen's war crimes office.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/17/...rimes-office/?
It's not needed anymore. No one commits war crimes these days.

Because these days there are no wars.
  #8237  
Old 07-18-2017, 12:09 AM
jasg jasg is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Upper left hand corner
Posts: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Rex Tillerson is closing the State Departmen's war crimes office.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/17/...rimes-office/?
It was in conflict with the Office of War Crimes Planning that Gorka, Miller and Bannon have established in the West Wing.

Last edited by jasg; 07-18-2017 at 12:09 AM.
  #8238  
Old 07-18-2017, 12:11 AM
Aspenglow Aspenglow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
It was in conflict with the Office of War Crimes Planning that Gorka, Miller and Bannon have established in the West Wing.
Good one.
  #8239  
Old 07-18-2017, 09:17 AM
Max Torque Max Torque is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Raiderville, TX
Posts: 10,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Rex Tillerson is closing the State Departmen's war crimes office.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/17/...rimes-office/?
Well, once he figured out that it wasn't a "how-to" kind of thing....
  #8240  
Old 07-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Rick Kitchen Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 13,163
The eighth person at Orange Junior's collusion meeting has been identified. He's Ike Kaveladze, an American citizen of Azerbaijani/Russian descent who's a Vice President of Trump buddy Aras Agalarov's Crocus Group, the real estate development company.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politi....html?adkey=bn
  #8241  
Old 07-18-2017, 02:32 PM
Rick Kitchen Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 13,163
Trump has washed his hands on healthcare takeaway and is just going to let the Democrats take the blame for the whole thing.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ail/487187001/
  #8242  
Old 07-18-2017, 02:45 PM
Vinyl Turnip Vinyl Turnip is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 18,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Rex Tillerson is closing the State Departmen's war crimes office.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/17/...rimes-office/?
The current State Department probably doesn't literally have rolling tumbleweeds, bleached cattle skulls and the lonely howl of a distant coyote, but damn if that isn't the image I conjure up.
  #8243  
Old 07-18-2017, 02:50 PM
wolfman wolfman is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 10,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Trump has washed his hands on healthcare takeaway and is just going to let the Democrats take the blame for the whole thing.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ail/487187001/
I've tried nothing, and I'm all out of ideas!
  #8244  
Old 07-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 21,435
Yeah, I've already seen one tragically right wing retard saying that this is all the Democrat's fault for refusing to compromise.
  #8245  
Old 07-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Airbeck Airbeck is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Chicago - South Side
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Yeah, I've already seen one tragically right wing retard saying that this is all the Democrat's fault for refusing to compromise.
Well you have to understand that Republicans use a very different and definitely non-standard definition of compromise which is: to give the Republicans everything they ask for regardless of whether any invitation to participate in the process was extended
  #8246  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:07 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 21,435
Well right. Tell the Democrats that they aren't welcome to the negotiations or allowed to have any input on the bill, fail to get every member of your own side to vote on it (when you have a very narrow majority) and then blame the people you refused to talk to for it's failure.

De.........rp.
  #8247  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Airbeck Airbeck is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Chicago - South Side
Posts: 1,744
Party of personal responsibility was it?
  #8248  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:22 PM
running coach running coach is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 30,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbeck View Post
Party of personal responsibility was it?
Yep, some other person was responsible.
  #8249  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:41 PM
SaneBill SaneBill is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Yeah, I've already seen one tragically right wing retard saying that this is all the Democrat's fault for refusing to compromise.
So he's saying that it was the Democrats that stopped this extremely unpopular bill and helped millions of people and probably saved thousands of lives ?
  #8250  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:42 PM
Euphonious Polemic Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbeck View Post
Well you have to understand that Republicans use a very different and definitely non-standard definition of compromise which is: to give the Republicans everything they ask for regardless of whether any invitation to participate in the process was extended
... and if you give them everything they ask for, then clearly they must reject that, since they should have asked for more!

Last edited by Euphonious Polemic; 07-18-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2017 Sun-Times Media, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017