Old 08-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack-a-Mole View Post
Is it unusual that we don't hear about what is happening in committee?

I thought what goes on in committee (any of them) is generally not talked about. The congresscritters want a place to do some work and hash things out without every step they make being in the paper the next day.
Negotiations in committee deliberations are more likely to be carried out in confidence (e.g., I will support that section if you support my amendment), up until the point of a committee markup. But it's unusual for committee leaders to have no public positions or evidence of such in committee matters.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

I was reading this article, and I think it characterizes while I didn't or wouldn't vote for Sanders, even though it's about the other darling of the left, Elizabeth Warren:

Quote:
ATLANTA — Senator Elizabeth Warren used a speech to a grass-roots conference Saturday to take direct aim at Democrats’ diminished moderate wing, ridiculing Clinton-era policies and jubilantly proclaiming that liberals had taken control of the party.

While not invoking former President Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton by name, Ms. Warren sent an unambiguous message that she believes the Clinton effort to push Democrats toward the political center should be relegated to history.
Sign Up For the Morning Briefing Newsletter “The Democratic Party isn’t going back to the days of welfare reform and the crime bill,” she said, highlighting measures Mr. Clinton signed into law as president that are reviled by much of the left. “It is not going to happen.”

Yet Ms. Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat who is widely thought to be considering running for president in 2020, noted to about 1,000 activists here for the yearly Netroots Nation meeting that they hardly needed to worry about the party shifting to the middle as it did in the 1990s. Liberals, she said, have taken charge
I fear a repeat of the last election. The left and liberals, thinking they are in the drivers seat and fuck the center will, again, divide the party and give the orange idiot in charge yet another shot at the big chair for another 4 years. It was the liberals and the left, IMHO, who fucked us in the last election. They just couldn't hold their nose and vote for Hillary, despite the fact that SHE BEAT FREAKING SANDERS.

Gods, I hate the political extremes in this country. They are tearing the country I love apart with their stupid, silly games and struggles for power. Well, seems that the Democrats are hell bent on, again, snatching defeat from the certain and slavering jaws of victory.