Old 09-06-2012, 02:26 PM
BANNED

Lion Kills Tiger
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...eraccount2.jpg
http://rsjohnsonfineart.com/wp-conte...er-213x213.jpg
I'll try an find out more if I can get some photos on these exact lion an tiger...apperantly this happened in Peru, france maybe, so I'll see if in 1934 had any circuses in Peru at the time to see if I can oull up some pics.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Linctus View Post
I couldn't quite tell from this thread but have you seen the North Korean Lion V Tiger fights? They make them fight at the zoo, because North Koreans are strange.

See for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bif9t2pvk74

It's not obvious to me which one really counts as winning but I would say the tiger.

The lion totally pwns the bear too. So assuming well ordering, a tiger would rip a bear to shreds.
-
Well I'm so sure about that, the reasons why the lion had so many acounts pulling off the victory an klling Grizzley an Polar bears was because he has a durability factor that the tiger dosent have, all the accounts I presented had the lion with a huge mane so it probably confuses the bear an tiger when they get nothing but hair, while if the bear or lion gets one good hold on the tiger an its over...an I know of only 3 accounts of a bear killing a lion, but theres a bit more of bears killing tigersm, like here...
http://lh3.ggpht.com/-M4jceURi4nk/T6...%2520TIGRE.jpg

Last edited by My Lord; 09-06-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:44 PM
BANNED

Whoops double post...My bad

Last edited by My Lord; 09-06-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM

Ha ha, yes, that's embarrassing. When you accidentally post redundant and unnecessary words. Whoops!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
Ha ha, yes, that's embarrassing. When you accidentally post redundant and unnecessary words. Whoops!
-
They really are strict with the edit button, its like
*What happens in Straight dope... Stays in straight dope*
-
XD
Old 09-06-2012, 05:48 PM
BANNED

Does this forum allow spoilers?
lets try...
SPOILER:
Hey
Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 PM

Is the spoiler that most of your cites show the lion winning?
Old 09-06-2012, 10:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pedant View Post
Is the spoiler that most of your cites show the lion winning?
lol No, I tried putting them in, they wont fit.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 PM

Wow, trying to read this thread is like trying to get a drink of water from a fire hose. I'll just walk away, but before I do...

In the lion vs tiger debate, my vote goes to the tiger because the Cincinnati Bengals have been to two Super Bowls while the Detroit Lions haven't been to any.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
Wow, trying to read this thread is like trying to get a drink of water from a fire hose. I'll just walk away, but before I do...

In the lion vs tiger debate, my vote goes to the tiger because the Cincinnati Bengals have been to two Super Bowls while the Detroit Lions haven't been to any.
-
How da Bengals doing this year?...Kansas city baby... all da way. ^_^
But Whoa! this thread is creeping into the 5,000's trippy, so if I was to figure what was the average threads post on here...I think I would come up with around 3,600...looks like this thread is attracting around more than 68% of the average...hmmm? Not bad, not bad at all...to bad no one shared a mind blowing account yet, I'm sure there might be a native or local that live in an indigedous area like Iran, Velar, goona, basically India to Rome, Britain to China from any cultures preserves of there past conflicts...oh wells, paitence is a virtue I guess.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Lord View Post
...I'm sure the average person just wanted to know who had killed the other...
You know, I'm not 100% sure you have a lion-like grip on the nature and extent of the average person's views on this topic. I think you might find that approximately 99.99% of people don't think that a lion would win and don't think a tiger would win but rather think something else altogether.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:51 PM

How does the OP feel about leopards and cheetahs?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 PM

A badger, by god, a badger could kill a lion and a tiger simultaneously. Single handed. No cites, yet...
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrendajo View Post
A badger, by god, a badger could kill a lion and a tiger simultaneously. Single handed. No cites, yet...
A honey badger maybe, or a wolverine, not a regular badger, certainly not a european badger. As a matter of fact, a honey badger could kill a lion and a tiger and a wolverine and an american badger simultaneously, then pick up a european badger and beat Chuck Norris to a pulp with it. cite.

Last edited by TriPolar; 09-08-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
A honey badger maybe, or a wolverine, not a regular badger, certainly not a european badger. As a matter of fact, a honey badger could kill a lion and a tiger and a wolverine and an american badger simultaneously, then pick up a european badger and beat Chuck Norris to a pulp with it. cite.
-
lol
Old 09-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Lions are the baddest-ass land dwelling creatures on the planet. If they ever found themselves deep in the ocean, against the most giant of Earth's Creatures, they'd be in big trouble. But absent of that, who wants to mess with a lion? Lions are like Albert King. Simply the baddest. Albert King might say:" I don't care if you're B.B. KING, I'm ALBERT KING and that's all there is to it."
Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 PM

It would appear the lithium is kicking in...
Or else there just aren't any more "lion kicks tiger's ass" links to be had.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pedant View Post
It would appear the lithium is kicking in...
Or else there just aren't any more "lion kicks tiger's ass" links to be had.
-
Oh theres hundreds more of both I'm sure...you just have to look in the right places, as of right now I am limited because this 2003 Pc is too outdated an I'm not capable of using news paper archives, if I did, there would be no problem intrilpicating how much data I have.
-
I just found this one about a few hours ago, not to sure if its an account but I'll run it by some of my bros. to see if it can have more cultivations on its back story, which it could be a poets implimation but then again (some) poets have been proven to have mentioned an actual account, all I have to do is dig more in the era, where-abouts, an backstory of its source to see which of either or it could be...
-
The Anvár-i Suhailí; or, The lights of Canopus
lion kills several tigers
When the tiger was seized by the lions claw, Death<----
http://books.google.com/books?id=QBi...ed=0CC0Q6AEwAQ
Old 09-08-2012, 10:33 PM

My Lord, it's clear that the jury is still out on this one. I have no doubt, however, that in five or ten more years you'll have enough evidence to come to a real conclusion. At that time, I'm sure we'll all be curious to see what else you've found.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by guizot View Post
My Lord, it's clear that the jury is still out on this one. I have no doubt, however, that in five or ten more years you'll have enough evidence to come to a real conclusion. At that time, I'm sure we'll all be curious to see what else you've found.
-
5 or 10 years? XD XD I'd be able to triple the amount in mere [weekends] if I had a more up to date Pc. An of course the jury is still out on this one, because a factual impliment is that both can an has killed the other [already] so its just who can find more accounts of the past that had won more...but as of right now the lion looks to be in the lead of...
Tiger= 30's
Lion= 120's
-
Of killing the other more...so thats around 8/10 the lion should win, not going to win (because I dont want them to fight anymore) but thats what it looks like, the lion should have the 8/10 benifactual outcome upoun [Data], if you were to ask my personal opinion then of course I'd still like to think of it 50/50.
-
But as of how much I accumilated so far, it actually wasent a long process at all, merely just me looking in the right places an documenting them, nothing more than that.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 PM

Excuse me, is this the thread where we discuss Star Wars Star Destroyers vs a Star Trek Galaxy class Starship?

Or perhaps this is the one where we discuss Mary Ann vs. Ginger?

Oh, wait. My mistake. Wrong door. Ah, yes, two doors down and to the left right past the redundant Department of Redundancies. Thank you. Sorry for interrupting.

Last edited by Gagundathar; 09-08-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagundathar View Post
Excuse me, is this the thread where we discuss Star Wars Star Destroyers vs a Star Trek Galaxy class Starship?

Oh, wait. My mistake. Wrong door. Ah, yes, two doors down and to the left right past the redundant Department of Redundancies. Thank you. Sorry for interrupting.
No problaymo bud, you seem a little lost, but a post is a post I guess, thanks for bumpin up the post into almost the 6,000 mark. lol
Old 09-09-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
-
5 or 10 years? XD XD I'd be able to triple the amount in mere [weekends] if I had a more up to date Pc. An of course the jury is still out on this one, because a factual impliment is that both can an has killed the other [already] so its just who can find more accounts of the past that had won more...but as of right now the lion looks to be in the lead of...
Tiger= 30's
Lion= 120's
Nevertheless, we wouldn't want to rush to judgement on a matter like this, would we? What if you were to publish your conclusions only to have them called into question by the revelation of some heretofore unknown .jpg or blog entry that had been hiding somewhere on some obscure server that no one had ever thought to index? Only dogged, long-term pursuit of all the evidence will ever lead to the peace of mind that we all long for regarding this issue.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by guizot View Post
Nevertheless, we wouldn't want to rush to judgement on a matter like this, would we? What if you were to publish your conclusions only to have them called into question by the revelation of some heretofore unknown .jpg or blog entry that had been hiding somewhere on some obscure server that no one had ever thought to index? Only dogged, long-term pursuit of all the evidence will ever lead to the peace of mind that we all long for regarding this issue.
-
Hmmm? well, I'd be no different then any of the millions who gave there own opinion on the matter, from things like Youtube, to Forums, to Blogs, to sceintist, archeologist, biologist an zoologits giving there study an opinion, I merely am just presenting a small gathering of what I feel to be creditable...I'm sure I'm not the first an wont be the last. Its just a topic I shared my opinion on nothing more.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:24 AM

Trust me. You're different.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Trust me. You're different.
I dont know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult...so thanks, I guess...
^_^
Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagundathar View Post

I believe the debate will eventually settle on whether the OP is a 6th grader with Aspergers and a penchant for lions or a prison inmate with too much internet privileges and a tattoo dilemma.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky812 View Post
I believe the debate will eventually settle on whether the OP is a 6th grader with Aspergers and a penchant for lions or a prison inmate with too much internet privileges and a tattoo dilemma.
-
I'd settle for just enthusiest, or do you live in a community where theres only 6th graders an people in jail? Hmm, some town...wouldent mind visiting some day...XD
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Charter Member

But what I'd like to know is:
If a lion and a tiger fight:
a) Who would probably win, and
b) Are there any citations to back that up?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Snake-Hips Tucker View Post
But what I'd like to know is:
If a lion and a tiger fight:
a) Who would probably win, and
b) Are there any citations to back that up?
-
Uhhh? Its not who'd probably win...they both can an have killed the other many times, finding out the percentages on who'd win more, can be as easly as ummm? well Finding out who won more...as I have showed on the first page, the tiger won around 30 incounters (only in captivity) while the lion has won around 120 times in
(Captivity an the wild) an I mean death accounts not minor scruffles...so in mathematics, its at 8/10 the lion won on paper.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

My Lord, you need to look up "sarcasm" and understand that people are pretending to take a deep interest in this topic and whether you have sufficiently researched it because they are using sarcasm to mock you.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 PM

Oh My Lord, I just figured it out, you're Ricky!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
BANNED

5{hester;15477782]My Lord, you need to look up "sarcasm" and understand that people are pretending to take a deep interest in this topic and whether you have sufficiently researched it because they are using sarcasm to mock you.[/QUOTE]
-
lol I know, I like to have fun too mocking them back, though I dont think I even did that yet? But being it is my thread I really dont care to much really, just amazed how fast the views are pumpimg up recently...I mean almost at 7,000 for a forum thats not bad an being that its a not so much common topic...I mean not like a thread that can be made a hundred times over an get 1,000,000 views easy like example
=what are you listing to? That kind.
-
But all in all, I just wanted to see if anyone could share there cultural experince an past preservings on subject...no big deal.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky812 View Post
Oh My Lord, I just figured it out, you're Ricky!
-
An whos Ricky?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
lol I know, I like to have fun too mocking them back, though I dont think I even did that yet? But being it is my thread I really dont care to much really, just amazed how fast the views are pumpimg up recently...I mean almost at 7,000 for a forum thats not bad an being that its a not so much common topic...I mean not like a thread that can be made a hundred times over an get 1,000,000 views easy like example
=what are you listing to? That kind.
-
But all in all, I just wanted to see if anyone could share there cultural experince an past preservings on subject...no big deal.
Which is more important to you-getting your idea across, or pumping up the number of views in any way possible?
Old 09-11-2012, 09:35 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

I think the tiger would win.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:50 PM

Would a lion or tiger get more views on an online message board?

On the internet, no one knows if you're a large predatory cat.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:59 PM

Anybody else having flashbacks from 3rd grade?
Remember when you'd ask the teacher how to spell words and she would repeatedly instruct you to spell it just like it sounds?
I think I finally figured out what that kid that always sat in the corner kept mumbling.... "lions and tigers and bears...oh my!"
Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Which is more important to you-getting your idea across, or pumping up the number of views in any way possible?
-
Isint that the same thing?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 PM

A bull could kill a lion
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitchensis View Post
A bull could kill a lion
And a lion could kill a bull.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Minus Red

In the jungle, the mighty jungle...

... the lion sleeps tonight.

Having devoured the tiger.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
... the lion sleeps tonight.

Having devoured the tiger.
-
-
Lion sleeps tonight--Lion King
http://pds11.egloos.com/pds/200904/19/48/cheetar.mp3
-
Lion in the Morning--Julian marley(Bob Marleys Son)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ2iOz0XCg4
-
Lion in the Jungle--Groundation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGN6FYvIAc4
Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Minus Red

Yes, My Lord!

This thread didn't get its due .

Ask the mods to shift this to "Great Debates". This belongs there.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Minus Red

My Lord, India is unfair to Lions.

They named Tiger the national animal in 1973 replacing the Lion.

Sigh..
Old 09-12-2012, 04:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
They named Tiger the national animal in 1973 replacing the Lion.

Sigh..
-
No biggie...I actually like that Idea, the tiger has less numbers around the world than the lion, plus the lions symbol is all around the world already, so he needs to be estibleshed in more places an be recongzied more...alot of people think that I'm out to bash the tiger, which is horribly way off, I just like to present creditable data an keep things fair...as you can see the web is polluted with lion hating for some reason...dont know why dont care...but I'll do my part an keep it leveled...although I chose to represent the lion an show his side I hide nothing that the tiger has earned. But whats cool is I just put a little more details on the lions oragins this pass hour talking to you sorry I dident erase all the <br>...so here it is I hope you like it....
-
-
Did lions live in the jungle?

Well according to these sources they did....
Heres a litte Indian tune to give you all a better vibe of lions in the Jungle
So you can scroll down an read some sources that have lions in Indias/Africas Jungles
(Take your Time)
http://musicsters.com/mp3/punjabi/J/...aban%20Dhi.mp3

-<br>
Lions King of the Jungle<br>
Goona, Gwailor, Patulghur, kahthiawar, cheen hill, saugor jhansi, <br>
http://books.google.com/books?id=I7QrAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA289&lpg=PA289&dq=lions+in+goona&source=bl&ots=LApc3WoCqk&sig=QJTRA0dkkaGM ny0k4047EERpHOA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=UxU9UJ6lEuH9ygH9wIHgBw&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAA<br>
lions killed in hariana, Guzerat 1857,<br>
http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/613....242973691.jpg <br>
narbada, damoh 1847, hers its modern jungles of Damoh...<br>
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3126/2...e6c218d0_z.jpg <br>
1850 in goona, 1865 moroar in gwailor, <br>
http://books.google.com/books?id=BfCthJZx5RwC&pg=PA74&lpg=PA74&dq=lions+in+goona&source=bl&ots=bEXCWP9i5h&sig=1agb8C37tNNJ8i-PwNJHS28eVns&hl=en&sa=X&ei=6hk9UIzKDajaywH-xIDwAg&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAQ<br>
Lion attacking tiger in Jungle of Inida Delocroix<br>
http://www.art-prints-on-demand.com/...g_tiger_hi.jpg <br>
http://ak0.picdn.net/shutterstock/vi...-in-jungle.jpg <br>
rewa, somaliland, Barsa swamps of bengal,<br>
http://images.metmuseum.org/CRDImage...t/DP147451.jpg <br>
jungaga, valley of tigris of Bengals jungle , euprathes, palamow<br>
[IMG]http://www.barewalls.com/i/t/547791_A-Lion-in-a-Jungle.jpg[?IMG] <br>
Lion defeating tiger in jungle…<br>
http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/1342...-images-02.jpg <br>
Lion in the Jungle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGN6FYvIAc4 <br>
Lion fighting Jaguar an tiger for a scavanged food in Jungle<br>
http://www.finerareprints.com/animals/gervais/17281.jpg<br>
<br>
The lion of the jungle
Ifeanyichuku Anoke
http://books.google.com/books?id=vGd...ed=0CCUQ6AEwAA <br>
punta raj of pattacachar, patalgraph, bakhtiari<br>
Leo Presica in Inidan Jungles
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rsica_male.jpg <br>
The Wonders of the Jungle,Sarath Kumar Ghosh
http://books.google.com/books?id=bFF...ed=0CDcQ6AEwAw <br>
http://ak4.picdn.net/shutterstock/vi...ugh-jungle.jpg <br>
jabalpur, allahabad,
Deep Down in the Jungle: <br>
http://books.google.com/books?id=vWr...ed=0CFYQ6AEwCQ <br>
Sasan jungle<br>
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/QnLHdoFCr_g/0.jpg <br>
http://www.beyonddream.com/images/product/12763624.jpg <br>
lion attacking tiger at the end of a jungle<br>
http://www.grosvenorprints.com/jpegs/1148.jpg <br>
Long Ago in the African Jungle<br>
By Jani R. Carter<br>
http://books.google.com/books?id=MJe...=0CDkQ6AEwBDgK <br>
he Jungle Survivor: A Thriller About the African Jungle<br>
By Stephen L Takomana (Pe)<br>
http://books.google.com/books?id=OYf...=0CC8Q6AEwAjgK <br>
Jungle cats of India<br>
http://miami-murals.com/images/Jungle_Kings.gif <br>
http://delrioproductions.com/wp-cont...ion-Jungle.jpg <br>
Jungle encounter crackers<br>
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg <br>
By Edgar Rice Burroughs<br>
http://books.google.com/books?id=2vE...=0CEoQ6AEwBzgK <br>
Lion killing tiger in Jungle[India]<br>
http://www.wildabouttheworld.com/gal...lion-tiger.jpg <br>
http://www.bfine.com/HomeDec/LionFamily.jpg <br>
Kieran rynhart lion in Jungle of India<br>
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6aEcH177wD...Jungle_Web.jpg <br>
lion killing tiger in Velars jungles near the gangis river of india<br>
http://www.kunstkopie.de/kunst/ferdi...e_tiger_hi.jpg <br>
In the Jungle the the lion sleeps tonight.
http://pds11.egloos.com/pds/200904/19/48/cheetar.mp3
Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 AM
BANNED

Dang my typing.... this is basically one of the hardest sites to format something an what sucks is theres only like a 2 minute window of editing...son of gun...lol...I guess I'll have to format things an double check from now on.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
And a lion could kill a bull.
No, I'm pretty sure the lion just gets its ass kicked

Old 09-12-2012, 01:00 PM

I'm just not convinced. Seems like tiger would be the King of the Jungle.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
I'm just not convinced. Seems like tiger would be the King of the Jungle.
-
I'm sorry but a tiger has no affiliation with the word King.
Closed Thread