Old 03-20-2002, 06:26 PM

My Annoying Flame War Thanks to Gradfinder (Long)

Well currently I have way too much time on my hands so I decided to go on Gradfinder, perhaps one of my old classmates is listed. You know find out friends – whatever. Instead I found myself a flame war.

You see this loser < his email address > thinks I knew him in high school. I know I did not.

My love life when I was in grade 10 when I was at that high school consisted of pining over Paul who I had dated in grade 9, a mormon boy named Mark I never kissed, the man I lost my virginity to on good Friday - who was a University student - I seduced at the wave pool in order to get rid of that dreaded virginity, a boyfriend Sean from Forest Lawn who was the brother of my sister’s best friend. He chewed Cinnamon trident gum & I loved to kiss him, but did nothing more, and a boy who I knew from my dad’s neighborhood.

I got close to dating a boy named Tom, I was crazy about him, but he was a bit aggressive & it scared me.

A few years later I had a fling with someone who went to that school when I did named Michael. That again, I was in control of – I picked him up.

And sometime after that I saw Tom again and spent a few days kissing and touching – but nothing else.

Here is the e-mail exchange: (My comments to follow each e-mail -nothing in either his or my e-mail is editted)

Quote:
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 2:30 PM
To: my email address
Subject: GradFinder: Hi < My Real Name >

Hey < My Real Name >,

Is that really you, we did some nasty things in high school - lets see if you remember me.

Remeber doing it on the work benches of Mr Cullins Class - man it was after school we snuck in and did we ever go at it. I have never had that much fun than i did with you.

Do you remember me???

I definitely did not remember him – and look at the lack of tact in that message! I took the message as a mistaken identity rather than going off the deep end this time simply because I knew it was not me.

1.) My past

2.) I never took bio – I had a female teacher for Chem, and I took physics

3.) I hated school & never showed up afterwards

4.) This guy was crass – the closest to a crass boy I was ever close to was Tom & he knew I never blew him anywhere or at any time – and he and nobody from the neighborhood my mom lived in even knew I had lost my virginity. I kept that a secret.

5.) The only boy I ever blew was Paul – and I never let him orgasm ever!

Quote:
From: < My Real Name > < My Last Name > [mailto:my email address]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 2:49 PM
To: < The Name He Used >
Subject: RE: GradFinder: Hi < My Real Name >

I don't think you have the right person - either that or this is a joke.

I didn't show up to school during regular hours enough - never mind after school.

As well what school were you at - I definitely don't remember any Mr. Cullins at Beaverbrook, Wisewood or Forest Lawn.

< My Real Name >.
He replied & still thought I was that girl!

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 8:02 AM

Mr cullins was the Biology teacher at Forest Lawn - I know we snuck in after
school into his class - we both never like him much.

And then we had the time of our lives. My favourite saying to you was - Hey
Babe don't let your lips get dry. Remember now ????

We should meet up - maybe then you'll remember ?
Are you married ? If not well maybe again you should not let your lips get
dry.. I've got the solution for that.

If you are - well then i guess he's taking care of you.

Let me know
This guy was crude and desperate – that girl must have been the only one who ever blew him!

I was mad – and rather disgusted! Isn’t it a disgusting message?

Sure I wrote back – and a few of the things I said were not very nice.

I made some generalities about things I shouldn’t have.

As a teen I did think Biology was the class that stupid kids took because they weren’t any good at math and would fail Physics or Chemistry.

That neighborhood is full of white trash – I was lucky I only was there for school days. The crime rate, drug use, and other negative societal influences were way too high in that neighborhood.

I wasn’t white trash, and I hated that neighborhood. I was a small town girl, brought up with class, tolerance, and for about one quarter of the year, when at my dad’s I lived in a nice neighborhood. In some ways I must admit I am still prejudice against that neighborhood, but I would in all honesty never begrudge anyone who got out of that neighborhood – now those who stayed … Perhaps I still believe that they are in some ways at fault for their own lot in live.

I know the poor are not at fault for their own life, but also I know some people won’t or believe they can’t make the sacrifices to get further.

I should have shown more tolerance, I was angry.

I should have insulted him, not an entire class of people.

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 10:15 AM
To: 2sexy 4u

You have the wrong person, I never took biology, and I thought that class was for the lowbrow. I was only at that school for my grade 10 year - and during that time, I would have never gone to the school after hours, and I definitely did not have fun with anyone from that school. Forest Lawn was a desolate place filled with miscreants who though that heavy metal was a form of rebellion. The culture and class of the people at Forest Lawn lent me to believe that students the considered velvet paintings of Elvis to be a pinnacle of taste. I was glad to leave that area of the city. That region of town is stuck in a quagmire of poverty and stupidity with stupidity begetting poverty in an eternal circle.

Unless you once had a different name, I know I never met you never mind touched you in any way. While I was a student a Forest Lawn I definitely didn't know you in any biblical sense, and with this sort of crassness I would not like to know you ever. Good luck finding that girl whom you thought I was, she must be quite the crass creature in order to tolerate such lewdness, you two will be perfect together.

You have prevocated these insults via you insistence that I could have known you in such a manner.
He replied again- this time really mad – what a silly man. Doesn’t he know when he is out flamed?
Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 1:16 PM

Hide it if you want,
Touch me - boy oh boy - you swallowed everything I put in your mouth - to
the very last drop.

Don't put down a region / or its people. You were and always will be white
trailer trash. Everyone got into your panties in high school - but only i
got into your face and you swallowed everything i gave you.

Don't ditch people you don't care to find out about. Hey i thought you were
a slut - I was right - but at least i gave you a chance. The enjoyments i
got finding out you - were all sexual - and did i ever have fun humiliating
you.
What a loser! This time my reply apologized for my lack of candor in insulting all Forest Lawn residents – but I continued to reiterate my own innocence in this.

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 2:14 PM
To: 2sexy 4u

Yes, I did react like a bit of a bitch to this, but you have to understand, I know that I never knew anyone in a sexual sense from when I was a student at forest lawn, and I lost my temper. I know I got carried away about the white trash bit - hey - anger was a bit rampant at the time, but I definitely am not the slut you knew.

Is < The Name He Used > even your real name? I never knew a < The Name He Used > ever. Do you have any idea who I hung out with? Do you know anything except about an incident that involved someone who you thought was me?

I still have no clue who you are and I am sure you wouldn't ever recognize me if you saw what I looked like then or especially the year after I left Forest lawn when I did date. What I was when went I went to Forest Lawn was a quiet intellectual/geeky small town kid who was still in love with the boy I had dated all through my grade 9 year and most of the summer, I was damn innocent, and did not sleep with anyone, never mind sleep around. During that year, kissing and a grope over the bra was going far enough!

Check your yearbook, look for my name - if you were a grad of 88 or 87 I am in the 85 yearbook.

I am curious where your name - < The Name He Used > is in that year book - if that is your real name.

If you had not started out so crude, instead with something non-sexual - perhaps asking what year I was at Forest Lawn and if I remembered you perhaps I could have made an effort to be social and friendly, but considering that I know I was never sexual with anyone at that time and you starting with such an insinuation, and continuing it with more lewd comments.

A normal way of starting a conversation of the sort is to bring up mutual acquaintances, events, shared classes and ways of meeting and insinuate anything that may be a little more steamy instead of talking like a sailor.

Instead you start with something I could only infer is an insult in light of my own lack of involvement in such an incident.

If your message had been polite, I may have asked wrote back asking if you had known any of my friends, and kept in touch - this has been interesting none the less.

This is quite the entertaining flame war.

< My Real Name >.
I think I'll continue the flame war while I can - just to keep me on edge - this is actually kinda fun, but I am trying to think of ways that I could avenge myself against him besides starting a blog and posting here.
Advertisements  
Old 03-20-2002, 06:34 PM

Hopefully I removed all real e-mail addies & last names or real names.

If I left somethin like that can a mod fix it for me -

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2002, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I never took biology, and I thought that class was for the lowbrow.
Lowbrow people like... doctors?
Old 03-20-2002, 08:19 PM

Potential doctors need to take Chemistry too.

People who need only one science because they don't plan to go on o university, and only take biology and no other science.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:20 PM

People who need only one science because they don't plan to go on on university, and only take biology and no other science.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:21 PM

People who need only one science because they don't plan to go on to university, and only take biology and no other science.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:52 PM

Flame War

The nerve of that man! I agree that if he started off by asking you questions like what year you were in at school and all that, then taht would be all right.. but to start off with THAT! If I ever received such an email from someone that I didn't know, I'd probably do the same as you did and start a flame war.. though I don't think I could do it as well as you seem to.

He was extremely crude, not to mention clueless! I think it's a good thing you didn't happen to know him back when you went to that school! Actually, I feel sorry for that girl he was referring to.. but even more so for you!
Old 03-20-2002, 10:33 PM

Re: Flame War

Quote:
Originally posted by Flamsterette_X
If I ever received such an email from someone that I didn't know, I'd probably do the same as you did and start a flame war.. though I don't think I could do it as well as you seem to.
So am I the only person, upon realizing this guy wouldn't let it go even after having been corrected, that would have simply told him to stop e-mailing me or be reported to his ISP? Or at the very least, put his name on my blocked e-mail list so I wouldn't have to put up with that crap anymore?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the guy, he acted like a Major League dickweasel. But if it's annoying you and pissing you off, you can stop corresponding with him.

And lexi, not a flame, but just a tip: Usually, once you hit submit, the post goes through - usually. If I'm unsure about the post going through, I'll highlight and ctrl-c what I wrote, then check the thread to see if it went through. At least 99% of the time it does. That other 1%, just reply again and hit ctrl-v. Saves you from double and triple posting like that.

And going off topic:
Quote:
People who need only one science because they don't plan to go on to university, and only take biology and no other science.
This makes no sense to me in explaining how biology is a lowbrow subject. Besides which, it is completely off topic from your OP. If you don't want this to veer off onto a discuss of which sciences are low or highbrow (and in general, people around here love all kinds of sciences), I'd just let this one go and stick to ripping on the asshole who insists you gave him a hummer.

Speaking of hummers:
Quote:
Now that's just mean.
Do you mean never in your mouth, or not at all? I mean you could do some oral action for a while and then do the old knuckle-shuffle for him to finish things off, but no orgasm ever?
Well, if you weren't giving him the knuckle-shuffle, I know of one guy named Paul who sure as shit was doing it himself.

Let me take a movie-watching bullet for you
Old 03-20-2002, 10:38 PM

Since this war has been going on since monday, I expect yet another volley tommorrow.

I kinda wish people I did know had registered on gradfinder so far so I could chat with those who were my friends then, and get them to e-mail him back regarding this! But most of my friends were also the shy geeky type and I kinda wonder if they will ever register considering how few of us actually thought of school as anything but a social torture device.

I do wonder who this girl is, looking through my yearbook finding girls with the same first name as me:

In my grade: The first was yet another headbanger, kind of short and kind of chunky. brunnette - not strawberry blond like me - I don't remember her very well - I think I never really met her - just shared the halls with her - in her photo you can tell she sin't yet know how to pluck her eyebrowns in the center and needed to learn fast.

In the grade above: There is someone who I never remember even seeing in the halls that is listed with only the first initial in place of a name - she's head bangeresqe too - and wears glasses. A black girl, with my hair color - ha - my skin color is somewhere between sallow and enemic! And that is all!

I suspect it is the headbanger girl in my grade, if it was her, I feel sorry for her.

I hope he never gets a hold of that poor girl.

I'll keep posting in here as long as he keeps writing.

Maybe it will help calm me down - I need a place to vent my anger as you can tell from my semi-retarded triple post.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:56 PM

Re: Re: Flame War

Crunchy, you ask some interesting questions:

Quote:
So am I the only person, upon realizing this guy wouldn't let it go even after having been corrected, that would have simply told him to stop e-mailing me or be reported to his ISP? Or at the very least, put his name on my blocked e-mail list so I wouldn't have to put up with that crap anymore?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the guy, he acted like a Major League dickweasel. But if it's annoying you and pissing you off, you can stop corresponding with him.
Yep, I know that, but as I stated I have been bored lately and this sort of thing kind of captured my attention - and call me a sucker for a good fight - I thought why not grind him down a bit.
[QUOTE]
And lexi, not a flame, but just a tip: Usually, once you hit submit, the post goes through - usually. If I'm unsure about the post going through, I'll highlight and ctrl-c what I wrote, then check the thread to see if it went through. At least 99% of the time it does. That other 1%, just reply again and hit ctrl-v. Saves you from double and triple posting like that.
/[QUOTE]

I was in a brain funk for a moment - whooops!

Quote:
And going off topic: This makes no sense to me in explaining how biology is a lowbrow subject. Besides which, it is completely off topic from your OP. If you don't want this to veer off onto a discuss of which sciences are low or highbrow (and in general, people around here love all kinds of sciences), I'd just let this one go and stick to ripping on the asshole who insists you gave him a hummer.
Maybe the school system has changed since 85/86 or is different where you are - among the geeks when I went to school biology was thought of as the low brow subject because it required no conjecture or analysis. When I was in grade 10 the curriculum consisted of memorization, and students who were not capable of the other courses which required that your grade 9 math was higher than 65% could only take biology.

There were two tracks of high school then, those who only wanted a diploma and then to work as grunts, and then those who wanted to go to university. Sure there were people who wanted to be doctors or vets or something beyond your wal-mart greeter in that class, but then I probably would have known the person from chemistry or physics. It required two sciences to get your advanced diploma and go on to university.

As well I stated that I had thought that when I was in high school - it is not a currently held opinion, since I also know that the curriculum has changed.

Quote:
Speaking of hummers:
Now that's just mean.
Do you mean never in your mouth, or not at all? I mean you could do some oral action for a while and then do the old knuckle-shuffle for him to finish things off, but no orgasm ever?
Well, if you weren't giving him the knuckle-shuffle, I know of one guy named Paul who sure as shit was doing it himself. [/B]
Laugh - We were 14 - 15 when we were together - we never got that far and I had no clue what I was doing. Plus I thought it was gross at that age. It was random stolen moments before parents came home.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:11 PM

Re: My Annoying Flame War Thanks to Gradfinder (Long)

Quote:
Originally posted by lexi
Doesn't this violate the Geneva Convention or something?

As for Spanky, he's a troll. He most likely never went to your school, and is emailing you out of the blue. He didn't even mention the school until after you'd supplied him with the name. Tragically, that means you lost the flamewar when you replied.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:21 PM

Dammit, lexi.

Here I had gone and written a lengthy, intelligent, thought-provoking, witty post in response to the post you wrote that starts with:
Quote:
Since this war has been going on since monday, I expect yet another volley tommorrow.
Only to find during preview that you had responded to my post and answered any questions I had, thus negating any need for the post I had written. It was a good post too, nay, it was an outstanding post.

If they gave Best Post prizes, that one would have won both the Pulizter and the Nobel prizes. Religions would have been formed around my post. Goverments would be toppled and a new, better, shinier world would have emerged from the magnificence of my post.

But then you had to ruin it all with your meager and simple "let's-respond-to-Crunchy" post.

Damn you, lexi. You've ruined the world for all mankind now. I guess, in light of your unforgivable actions, at this point there's no depth left to sink to than to continue our blowjob discussion.

Quote:
we never got that far and I had no clue what I was doing. Plus I thought it was gross at that age. It was random stolen moments before parents came home.
So from this should I infer that you now have a clue and you don't think it's gross anymore? BTW, on a totally unrelated note... my parents are away right now! And since this is the Pit and flirting, while not forbidden, is looked down upon by some members, I'd just like to say... um...

Damn you again, lexi for negating the need for the best post the world would have ever seen!
Old 03-20-2002, 11:24 PM

Quote:
As for Spanky, he's a troll. He most likely never went to your school, and is emailing you out of the blue. He didn't even mention the school until after you'd supplied him with the name. Tragically, that means you lost the flamewar when you replied.
Ah - but on the first e-mail - he mentioned a teacher name - and when I looked in the yearbook that teacher did exist.

It is possible he is a troll - but I don't think so from that - he seems more to be an idiot.

And I am really bored - perhaps I need a new hobby? It is -20 C outside and I have nothing else to do.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:39 PM

Re: My Annoying Flame War Thanks to Gradfinder (Long)

Am I the only one that sees this as fishy? It seems inconsistent by both the poster and the "perp" (2sexy4u). If the latter, he's just a sicko that somehow got lexi's email somewhere, and is presumably spamming every female he can find with the same story.

Quote:
<snip!> and comments embedded in blue to make reading easier
2.) I never took bio – I had a female teacher for Chem, and I took physics Biology class isn't introduced until after the second email, although this could be lexi's faulty memory. Arguing in favor of the latter: she presents the alleged email after her explanation of it.
5.) The only boy I ever blew was Paul – and I never let him orgasm ever! Again, fellatio isn't yet mentioned. This makes me concerned about lexi's story. Too soon to tell whether it's veracity or memory impairment.
Then he replies...
Quote:
<snip>Remeber doing it on the work benches of Mr Cullins Class - man it was after school we snuck in and did we ever go at it. I have never had that much fun than i did with you. This is very vague. Even the name Cullins/Collins is common enough to resonate with people years after graduation. How many US schools don't have a Mr Collins? And remember, if he's a shite trying to unnerve women, he doesn't care if 90% ignore him. Should also note: in lexi's reply, she mentions not only Mr Cullins, but the name of three schools the original emailer doesn't mention.
Quote:
<snip>Mr cullins was the Biology teacher at Forest Lawn - I know we snuck in after
<unneccesary crudity deleted>We should meet up - maybe then you'll remember ?
Are you married ? If not well <more cut>
If you are - well then i guess he's taking care of you. IANApsych, but this seems to fit someone trolling for attention, yet with sufficiently low esteem to fear a spouse.
Sigh. I was gonna keep going, but tthis is much harder when you're not getting paid. Besides, those who got my drift don't need any more, those that didn't prolly never would.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:50 PM

Quote:
So from this should I infer that you now have a clue and you don't think it's gross anymore? BTW, on a totally unrelated note... my parents are away right now! And since this is the Pit and flirting, while not forbidden, is looked down upon by some members, I'd just like to say... um...
Tsk! When all other subjects are exhuasted - the same topic tends to repeat itself

And as an answer - when you grow older and learn more about love and lust, many things that once were are no longer disgusting.

Too bad on the loss of the Pulizter and establishing a greater foundation on which man kind could rest.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:00 AM

Wisest Novel: In quotes are the e-mails and outside of the quotes is my personal commentary.

The contexts must be read as seperate items. I wrote the comments for the board - I wrote e-mails to him.

Quote:
2.) I never took bio – I had a female teacher for Chem, and I took physics

Biology class isn't introduced until after the second email, although this could be lexi's faulty memory. Arguing in favor of the latter: she presents the alleged email after her explanation of it.
Huh? It is in his second e-mail.

Quote:
5.) The only boy I ever blew was Paul – and I never let him orgasm ever! Again, fellatio isn't yet mentioned. This makes me concerned about lexi's story. Too soon to tell whether it's veracity or memory impairment.
Again - my comments are outside of quotes wrote post e-mails - fellatio is mentioned in his final e-mail.

Quote:
<snip>Remeber doing it on the work benches of Mr Cullins Class - man it was after school we snuck in and did we ever go at it. I have never had that much fun than i did with you. This is very vague. Even the name Cullins/Collins is common enough to resonate with people years after graduation. How many US schools don't have a Mr Collins? And remember, if he's a shite trying to unnerve women, he doesn't care if 90% ignore him. Should also note: in lexi's reply, she mentions not only Mr Cullins, but the name of three schools the original emailer doesn't mention.
Collins may be common - but I had never heard until this time of a Cullins.

I know it may have been a mistake to mention my previous schools - but they are also listed on gradfinders.

Quote:

<snip>Mr cullins was the Biology teacher at Forest Lawn - I know we snuck in after
<unneccesary crudity deleted>We should meet up - maybe then you'll remember ?
Are you married ? If not well <more cut>
If you are - well then i guess he's taking care of you.

IANApsych, but this seems to fit someone trolling for attention, yet with sufficiently low esteem to fear a spouse.
Yeah - I should have let it go at that obviously a loser - but Cullins did exist at that school unbeknownst to me.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:16 AM
Charter Member

I agree with Lux Fiat. This is just some schmuck gettig a rise out of you, in the fine tradition of crank calls where the guy knows your name and something vague about you. You're feeding the troll and he think this whole thing is a hoot. This could be anyone with access to a yearbook.

The other night, for example, the phone rings. "Hi, is this <my name>?"
"Uh, yeah. . ."
"This is J!" At this point I'm not really recognizing the voice, and I want to ask which J, but I think it might be my brother who I don't speak with often and don't want to insult him, so,
"Um, Ok. What's shakin'?" I ask.
It sounds like the guy is calling from a bar. I hear people laughing in background. . .
"Oh, not much. So. . .you live in . . .Ventura!?"
"no. . ."
"Simi Valley?"
At this point I realize that he is trying to guess where I live per my area code. I keep silent. . .
"Hello?. . . Hello? Heh, she hung up! <Laughter from many guys>"

So I'm still trying to figure this out, like, did one of my friends lose their cell phone and my name was on their auto-dial list? A palm pilot or address book? Who do I know that would have me on autodial AND would lose this item somewhere elsefar away so that this guy wouldn't be sure about my location-- someone in Portland or Seattle?

Anyway, you see how these things work. Don't worry about this. Send e-mail to his ISP noting that this guy is harassing you.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:19 AM

Wisest Novel, I'm gonna have to hold off on picking out stuff that may or may not be fishy quite yet. Just because the explanation is out of order with the e-mails isn't quite enough to set off my bullshitometer.

Point 1 you make could be quite simply a matter of cutting & pasting the e-mails in the wrong area in regards to her comments.

Point 2 you say
Quote:
This is very vague. Even the name Cullins/Collins is common enough to resonate with people years after graduation. How many US schools don't have a Mr Collins? And remember, if he's a shite trying to unnerve women, he doesn't care if 90% ignore him. Should also note: in lexi's reply, she mentions not only Mr Cullins, but the name of three schools the original emailer doesn't mention.
Uh-huh, even after she looked up Cullins (with a U) and found Cullins in the yearbook? And then you go on about a Mr. Collins. It's a straw man. Sure the names are similar, but it's a Mr. Cullins that was mentioned, the name Collins has nothing to do with it.
And a small nitpick, lexi is in Canada, so I'm assuming she went to a Canadian, not US, school.

Point 3 you say
Quote:
IANApsych, but this seems to fit someone trolling for attention, yet with sufficiently low esteem to fear a spouse.
And what does this do to lessen lexi's credibility? IANAPsych, but it seems to me someone with high self esteem wouldn't need to troll for attention.

I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of going after them when reasonable solutions are right in fornt of our faces. I may be over-trusting, but as far as I see, lexi hasn't done anything yet to so quickly attack her credibility.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:07 AM

Capybara - it may be a prank by someone, but if it is, it is a prank from someone with some knowlege of that school.

Now I can't think that it would have been anyone that I knew at that time due to the lack of his face being in my yearbook - unless he is going by a false name, and I can't think of anyone who knew my name who would do this - very few people knew me at that school.

My current suspisions
1.) That he went to the school at some time - not while I was there but close to that time - and decided he wanted to be a net pervert.
2.) He was fooling around with the girl who has the same first name as I do.

In a way this is fun, albeit disturbing the e-mail exchange.

Coming up with a new and witty thing to say to him every day this week so far while being a touch angry has given me a chance to rant and has been a great time waster.

My goal with this is either for me to figure out who he is - or to have him give up first. One thing I always have been is stubborn.

My reason for posting was to rant - this is the bbq pit isn't it?

I wanted to share my wacky e-mail exchange with this board - blow off some steam and perhaps get in some interesting conversation to fill up some of this time I have way too much of thanks to this sub-artic canadian winter.

Crunchy Frog - thanks.

I didn't quite consider that Wisest Novel was accusing me of anything, just that he had not read my post and considered that the e-mails and comments are seperate entities meant for seperate audiences.

I didn't like the words Alledged E-mail - but I understand people have to be suspicious and not believe everything they read.

I tend to type the same way I think, I follow a thread, and sometimes get ahead of myself. Or completely lost in a mess of broken grammer and dangling clauses.

I know the SDMB sometimes considers any spelling or grammatical error, non-proof-read and perfected comment to be a major faux paux. Maybe I should spend longer editting my posts and previewing and all - but I prefer a speedier interchange - so if you want clarification on certain points - ask.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:19 AM

Hoy. I hate being called when my facts aren't 100%, especially by a Pit pro. But still, Crunchy, here's how I see it, w/o apologies.
Quote:
Originally posted by Crunchy Frog
Wisest Novel, I'm gonna have to hold off on picking out stuff that may or may not be fishy quite yet. <...>Point 1 you make could be quite simply a matter of cutting & pasting the e-mails in the wrong area in regards to her comments.
True enough. I just used the same order as lexi.
Quote:
Point 2 you say Uh-huh, even after she looked up Cullins (with a U) and found Cullins in the yearbook? And then you go on about a Mr. Collins. It's a straw man. Sure the names are similar, but it's a Mr. Cullins that was mentioned, the name Collins has nothing to do with it.
And a small nitpick, lexi is in Canada, so I'm assuming she went to a Canadian, not US, school.
True again, although as I was posting, lexi demonstrated that there was Cullins at her school during the requisite time. This means that I was ABSOLUTELY WRONG about the guy being an outside troll. Doesn't mean he knows her; and doesn't mean he isn't fictitious. As for "Collins," all I can say is that I had more than one theory at the time. Sorry for being wrong about that one

Quote:
Point 3 you say And what does this do to lessen lexi's credibility? IANAPsych, but it seems to me someone with high self esteem wouldn't need to troll for attention. I didn't mention this in reference to lexi, but rather in re the alleged perp. Remember, as I wrote this, I was liking the sicko perp that the rest of you attached to, but simply noticed some small inconsistensies about lexi's tale. My decepto-meter blurped, and I chose to look deeper than other posters. I haven't seen anythng that indicated lexi hasn't told us the absolute truth, and I apologize to anyone who might have thought I implied otherwise, including lexi. I think I went out of my way not to point any fingers at her, because I had no positive reason to.
I'm sorry if I brought the wrong type of attitude to this forum--really.
Old 03-21-2002, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wisest Novel
Hoy. I hate being called when my facts aren't 100%, especially by a Pit pro. But still, Crunchy, here's how I see it, w/o apologies.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion and I don't see how you would owe any apologies to me anyway. I was just voicing a counter-argument on the situation. Which is sort of ironic, since I really have no desire to argue.

And is it me, or does the quote function screw up when there's quotes w/in quotes? I may need to shuffle off to ATMB and look around for a thread on this...

You know, had lexi not been such a selfish bitch and negated the need for my uberpost, none of this would be happening right now. The quote function would be working perfectly fine, Wisest Novel and I wouldn't have been at a disagreement, John Travolta would have publicly apologized for Battlefield Earth in a statement where he admits to not knowing what the hell he was thinking with that whole Scientology business... and that's all in the first few hours! By the end of the week near miracles would have occurred: World hunger would have been a thing of the past, we'd find cures for the common cold, and I bet even good cartoons would be shown on Saturday mornings again, and Van Halen and David Lee Roth would have gotten back together!

But no, now the whole world has to suffer because of lexi, who wouldn't even give poor Paul a proper head cleaning.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:02 AM

Lexi, the guy you're e-mailing IS paul. You're failure to pop his cork resulted in a deep seated anxiety about his manhood, drove him to a nervous breakdown and now he

a) Dosent know who he really is, and had to invent this "2sexy 4u" persona

b) Has been searching for you obsessively, trying to recall what actually happened, to find out what was real and what was just his deluded fantasy.

Let this be a lesson to us all, to finish what we start, and to never, ever let our lips go dry.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:10 AM
BANNED

not a hijack... just [disseminating information]

Quote:
Originally posted by Crunchy Frog
And is it me, or does the quote function screw up when there's quotes w/in quotes? I may need to shuffle off to ATMB and look around for a thread on this...
Save you the trouble. When you use the quote function, anything in the section you're quoting that is embedded within quote tags is eliminated. New version. Yeah... it's not a bug, it's a feature.[/disseminate]
Old 03-21-2002, 06:24 AM

Quote:
My current suspisions
1.) That he went to the school at some time - not while I was there but close to that time - and decided he wanted to be a net pervert.
2.) He was fooling around with the girl who has the same first name as I do.
He may have went to the school. That's as far as it goes.
Quote:
Is that really you, we did some nasty things in high school - lets see if you remember me.

Remeber doing it on the work benches of Mr Cullins Class - man it was after school we snuck in and did we ever go at it. I have never had that much fun than i did with you.
I bet he sent that same e-mail to 20 other girls. Probably one or two took the bait. There are those of us who don't a have clear memory of what we did, or with who, when we were in HS. He's just waiting for someone to say "Dave? Is that you?" And then he's Dave!

He's full of shit.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:00 AM
Charter Member

I graduated from Wisewood, a school that I see mentioned in the OP. I don't mean to imply that I had relations or even know who Lexi is, I'm just saying...
Old 03-21-2002, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

I agree that the guy doesn't actually think he knows you. It doesn't take much to find out the info that he has. All it takes is having access to a yearbook. Sometimes not even that. Then he could go to the site and look for girls from that school and start emailing. Heck the site itself might even have a message board or something where someone mentioned a faculty name.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:19 AM

Well all,

Thanks for all the theories, this is today's e-mail:
Quote:

<my name>,
I too have to apologize - I agree totally with your email - I started off
the message like an idiot. I'm sorry - I really have to apologize for my
last email and its content - like you said sometimes anger gets the best of
us.

I will check out the yearbook - yes my name is <his full name>- Hey i came up
with that pretty cool email nic. Anyways again i'm sorry .

<his name>
Makes me wonder who he is? The apology seems pretty sincere.

OpalCat: Must be through a yearbook, the teacher is not mentioned anywhere on the board.

spooje: I've always had a perfect memory - despite any substances that may induce forgotfulness.

But this last e-mail is interesting. I would like to see if he continues writing.

And Paul, Paul was lucky, what other 14 year old even got that far back in those days.
Hopefully Paul shows up on that board sometime - from his former half brother I know he is in the U.S. Navy. Considering that I spent so much time with him when I was young - I'd like to know how his life turned out.

Well I am crafting a response to 2sexy4u's e-mail right now.

Here it is:
Quote:
<his name>,

Thanks for the apology, I am in the 85-86 yearbook. I was not at that school for long. I checked my yearbook and I couldn't find your name in grade 10 or 11 in that yearbook.

What years did you attend forest lawn? Who were your friends?

<my name>.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:50 PM

Harassment??

Quote:
Anyway, you see how these things work. Don't worry about this. Send e-mail to his ISP noting that this guy is harassing you.
Where is the harassment? lexi says:
[But this last e-mail is interesting. I would like to see if he continues writing. [/quote]

If she didn't want to hear from him anymore, she could very easily block his address, but she did not do that at any time. Instead she continued to talk to him via e-mail. Sounds like a two way conversation to me.

Zette
Old 03-22-2002, 01:39 AM

Quote:
, this is today's e-mail:

He's good. He's very, very good.
-- Dave Berry, "25 Things I Have Learned in 50 Years"
Old 03-22-2002, 07:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by spooje
He's good. He's very, very good.
Trolling, it's a black art, it's like fishing. You pull them in until it looks like the line's at breaking point, then you ease off and give them some line to play with. Then you start pulling again.

The guy is obviously a troll and he'll hang around as long as you're willing to feed him.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:32 PM

Well he hasn't replied today, Yes I assume he's a troll but I think I won.

I never give up on anything - and perhaps he thinks he's been beat because I haven't reacted in the manner he was expecting.

Anyway he used hotmail and they have that great little orininating IP field in the headers - and I did a tracert & a few other lookups via the web and know his ISP, Operating system, etc. if he does continue, but I think he's done with me.

I won!

Ha Ha Ha!
Old 03-22-2002, 03:34 PM

Look, if you're bored and want to burn the widdle troll down try this.

Play along with him for a bit, then bring up your sex change operation and how much happier you are as a man.

Should prove to be, not only amusing but should burn that little troll

But then again I really like to fuck with people's minds who annoy me.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:42 PM

that sounds like something I might do...

Quote:
Originally posted by CRorex

Play along with him for a bit, then bring up your sex change operation and how much happier you are as a man.

Hahahaha.. that sounds really rich! Should try it with some annoying people who bug me on the Net!
Old 03-22-2002, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Yessssssss - Sounds like a great idea!

He has been quite entertaining the past few days - now that my temper has subsided I was thinking of harrassing him for an apology on my mistake identity - just for fun.

Laugh - I'll mull over ideas for my revenge if anyone is offering.
Old 03-22-2002, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I'll mull over ideas for my revenge if anyone is offering.
I think you should have a full week of unbridled hot sweaty sex with me. By God, that'd burn the little troll's ass but good! It'd teach him once and for all not to mess with people like that.*

And just to really drive the point home, maybe you should bring Flamsterette_X along as well.**

*This is not a flirt - I am offering suggestions as was requested.
**Just an addition to my previous suggestion.