Can you help me identify this 80's song?

Here are as much of the lyrics as I can remember, probably garbled and in random order:

Chorus
I’ll do anything for your lovin’
(turn, turn me on)
Yes, well, I’ll do anything for your lovin’, baby

You for me, and me for you
There’s not one thing I wouldn’t do
Baby I’d do most anything
'Cause you and me we were maaaade to swing

At some point there’s woman sort-of dueting with the male lead, saying in part:

It’s a serious step - are you qualified?
(laughing) You’re crazy!

p.s. - Thanx to everyone who e-mailed while I was away!

http://lyricserver.com/

What kind of genre is it?

http://lyricserver.com/

What kind of genre is it?

Sort of reminds of The Cure’s Lovecats, if it was poorly remembered, very garbled, and randomized a bit.

OOH! I totally know what song you’re talking about (the woman part was what did it for me)! It’s more early 90s than 80s though because it reminds me of my freshman year in high school. I’m going to do a search because I’m usually very good at finding long lost songs.

I would call it “dance pop,” and it might very well be from the early 90’s. It definitely has that late-80’s ‘dance-pop’ sound to it, though. I also remembered more lyrics, and where they go:

Could it be, you and me?
Why you have to make it so tough? (rough?)
All day long and all night strong, and I don’t mind at all

then the chorus:

Cause I’ll do anything for your lovin’
(turn, turn me on)

[‘quote]Cause I’ll do anything for your lovin’
(turn, turn me on)
[/quote]

I thought the stuff in parapheses was a breathy “talk to me, talk to me”.

Towards the end of the song, the girl raps a little. She says something about a third-class letter and there’s a part when she laughs, all sexy-like. There’s also a lot of cheesy talking during the whole song between the guy and the girl.

It’s fun thinking about this song. It brings back memories of my transition into high school. Believe it or not, I’ve been searching for the title for a few hours and I’ve been unable to find it. It must be a one hit wonder (if it was even a hit in the first place).

You might try calling or emailing your local radio DJ (try a Top 40s station). I’ve gotten some help in the past tracking down some long forgotten tunes doing it this way.

I think it is “Do anything (for your lovin’)” by Natural Selection Featuring Niki Haris

It sure is, ThesaurusRex. You go boy/girl!