The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Cafe Society

Old 06-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Count Angelo Agazzi

I have a problem.

Actually, I have a problem that Duck Duck Goose can probably solve in .0001 nanoseconds, 'cause of the research skills and all.

My framer's assistant (who's really a nice guy, but if he doesn't stop leaving cigarette butts all over my house I'll kill him) asked me today if I knew anything about Count Angelo Agazzi. It sounded familiar to me (later I discovered that was because of the similarity to the name of an author I've read), but I couldn't place it (and told him as much). He asked if I could look it up for him on that-there contraption of mine (deep Alabama boys, these are). I agreed. But.. nothing! Well, mentions-in-passing. I've managed to glean that he's an artist, he's from Venice (duh), his mentioned works contain enough popular culture references to lead me to believe he's still around, and he's prolific in the bowl-painting genre (though there seem to be paintings of his as well). One of the art websites I looked at had a message board and there were THREE requests for information on Agazzi dating back to last December, but no responses. They make mention of a website for his work, grumble about how it's in Italian, and never give the URL. Google, et al, have been no help, and I don't want to send the poor guy away empty-handed. So I turn to you. Y'all. Whatever.

Anyone out there have a clue as to who this guy is? THANKS!!!!

-BK
Advertisements