Straight Dope JUNE Birthdays!!!

It’s time to celebrate our fellow dopers who share birthdays in the month of JUNE.

Feel free to wish them a Happy Day, Joy, Luck, Good Health, or whatever you personally would wish for them.

If it’s your birthday, then share with us what you are doing on that special day, what you recieved, or anything else you’d like to share since it’s **your special day ** :).

If anyone who’s birthday is this month and is not on this list, please post your birthday and I’ll add it on for next year.

So…let me be the first (or second after Flamsterette_X :slight_smile: to wish all of you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
MachV
The WrongGirl
China Guy
scott evil
Bumbazine
Xan
MsRobyn
woolly
andygirl
miamouse
tritone
Jello
Verrain
efrem
Edward The Head
Payne N. Diaz
Johnny L.A.
Max Torque
xcheopis
Rico
plnnr
MannyL
Why A Duck
TheLoadedDog
hillbillyqueen

Why thank you, thank you dreamer.

My big plans involve watching my daughter while my wife goes off to see Toby Keith and some other country “music” performers in concert. Better her than me.

Mine was yesterday!

Thanks dreamer.

Mine was a pretty low key affair that ended up with a family pizza about 9:00 pm that managed to make it feel like a special day after all. Oh, and I got a webcam so I can broadcast live videos of China bambina on her second birthday on 27 June.

Mine was June 6. I turned 30.

• s.e.

Thanks, dreamer!

There was already a fairly long thread about my birthday (including a photo the cake I made for myself, which a co-worker described as “pitiful” and another co-worker described as “sad”), but it’s always fun to get more good wishes! :slight_smile:

Happy birthday to the rest of ya!

Thanks, dreamer! :slight_smile:

Happy Birthday to my fellow June babies, living proof of an early cold snap. :wink:

Ahem…

[sub]TroubleAgain, June 27[/sub]

Happy birthday, fellow Junians!

Aw, shucks…it’s a few days off yet (the 26th), but thankya.

Tomorrow I turn 20! I’ll be out of my teens forever…sniff…

No huge plans…I’m going to go pick up my cake in the afternoon and eat lunch and spend the day with my parents. Then I’ll get dinner with my boyfriend in the evening, and then throw a housewarming/birthday party in our new apartment. I’m kind of nervous because I’ve never thrown a party before, but hopefully, it will go okay.

Happy birthday to everyone else!!!

Today is mine. 26 and counting

just saw this thread. My birthday was June 1st.

and happy Birthday to the rest

Wow someone else who I don’t even know remembered my Birthday. Thanks. And the best thing is it’s today! Maybe I should go out to a bar and try and pick someone up, I think I’ll use “I’m 29 and never had sex on my birthday before, wanna help?” :smiley:

My birthday was June 19th. I turned 38. I took the day off, my husband and I shipped MiniTee off to daycare and had our first date since November 11, 2001, the day before MiniTee was born. We had bar-b-que for lunch and saw Spider-Man. It was quite the excellent day.

My birthday was June 12th. I turned 24.

I had dinner in a diner, came home and cleaned my bathroom, then fell asleep at 9:30. Somebody stop me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the good wishes. SO and I were in St. Martin and spent five days nakes as natives and laying on the beach and getting an all-over tan. I’m afraid I’ll never be attractive to all you female dopers who like your men pale and pastey.

Wait for me! Wait for me! Mine’s the 29th! Thanks, dreamer, for the general birthday tidings.

Hey, dreamer… you do know that I still reserve the right to make numerous birthday threads whenever someone’s birthday is coming up on the day of their birthday, right? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

In case I miss yours in the days coming up, have a great birthday! Here’s the Chinese version for you all to clap to.

Approximate Phonetic Chinese Version of “Happy Birthday”: (thanks, Nathan!)

“Guung juuk nay fook sow yuen teen tsai, hing hong nay sun sun fie lok. Leen leen doe yao gum yut, suuy doe yao gum jzew, guung hay nay! Guung hay nay!!!”

Approximate English Translation of Above:

“Congrats on this good day of fortune, where we can all gather together. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Every year, this wondrous day arrives; Always, this wondrous time comes. Congratulations! Congratulations!”

F_X

I turned 27 on June2. I spent the day at the barn, cleaning and re-organizing all my gear. Sounds boring but it was really fun and immensely satisfying. I couldn’t ride because of an injury and it was a beautiful day (not like last year when June2 dawned 40 degrees and raining!).