Bubble Tea comes to Cleveland...in a weird way

Ever since Flamsterette_X piqued my curiousity about bubble tea, I’ve been waiting for it to arrive in Cleveland, and it has. As you can (hopefully) see from this link you can get a refreshing bubble tea while getting your car customized. Now maybe I can get to try this strange concotion…though I don’t need anything done to the car right now.

Bubble tea! I just picked up a make-it-yourself ‘party kit’ from Diho Market up in the Chicago area. Just cook up tapioca balls, follow directions for making up the tea, and there ya go! (Instructions provided in Engrish!)

I miss the dim sum place in Kansas City: you got a jumbo straw that was about 1/2" diameter to suck the tapioca balls through. sluuurppppp… thunk! Yummy! :smiley:

<< Don’t hate yourself in the morning–sleep till noon. >>

Hey, another bubble tea thread! (sort of) Sweet! :slight_smile:

Yes, you can get “bubble tea kits” in the Chinese markets around here, too. Never picked one up, though. The last tiume I hd bubble tea was a few weeks ago, so maybe I should have some again. (the stuff’s not too bad)

F_X

Hold on, Nightsong. You’re in the Chicagoland area and you’re making bubble tea yourself? Chinatown in Chicago has a number of places that now offer a number of tapioca drinks in a number of different flavors, from blended fruit drinks to your traditional teas. Almost all of them offer the straw you speak of.