I have made a decision! (concerning my username)

In this thread, I asked people on their opinions as to whether I should change my username. Thank you all for the responses.

Now, I have made my decision…

NOT to change it!

Why? Well, I thought about it, and upon reflection, decided that it would be sort of silly to change it just because of some idiot who used to be someone I may have liked. (how’s that for ambiguity?) Besides, what Osiris and ultrafilter told me in the linked thread about the effect of changing my name made an impression on me as well.

Diane, I’ll tell you why I was sort of scared, even though he’s not a member here: if he can read my posts, he might know more about me, and I’m not sure that I want him to. Then again, this is a public message board, so I have no control over what he does or doesn’t do.

And I’ll have to admit that the number of people who said that they liked my name, hoped I didn’t change it, and things of that ilk helped too. :wink: (no, I am not immune to compliments :)) However, that was not my main reason.

Besides, if anyone did post a “Where’s Flamsterette_X got to these days?” thread after I was “gone” (so to speak), I’d probably try to pull the wool over their eyes by replying to the thread. I’d say, “I have no idea where she’s gone.” Of course, since I’d be “new” (or have a changed screen name), the jig might be up sooner than I’d like it. :slight_smile:

F_X

Good, because you’re one of the few posters whose names I recognize, and I like you, because you write the way my friend talks, and its just fun to read (does that make sense? :slight_smile: )

Put me down on th’ “Yay! She’s still Flamsterette_X!” side o’ th’ ledger, thanks. :slight_smile:

Whew!!

That’s a load off my mind.

Now I can go on to ponder other Mundane Pointless Stuff.

Yay - :slight_smile:

Very happy you are staying as you are.

I also applaud your decision. It’s almost never a good thing to make a decision like that because of someone else. Glad you’re sticking around as you are. :smiley:

-Stil

Oh good, now I can continue to call you Flaming Hamster Z.

Are you going to reverse your decision now? :smiley:

You go, lellita.

Well, glad I could be of some help :slight_smile:

I decided to wait till I was sober (?) before writing this. (note: I only had a double Flirtini last night at the Cactus Club)

mnemosyne: You mean I’m not the only one with this inimitable style? Darn, guess I’ll have to change my style now… just kidding. :smiley:

Ice Wolf, leechbabe, Stiletto, and everyone else: I have always liked the name myself… at least, ever since I came up with it lo these many years ago. :smiley: Besides, doing it just because of one person is silly… maybe if I had to contend with a veritable army of dark forces or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

lel, I would reverse it, but then I’m sure you could come up with more nicknames along the general lines of Flaming Hamster Z and Hamster_X.

F_X

What Osiris said.

Yay! Have a celebratory pie:

------=====[}

[hijack]
What’s the hydro flame planet?
[/hijack]

Okay, I just got home from the Vancouver Dopefest (about which more in another thread or something), so if I sound a bit wired, it’s because I am. (having Guinness will do that to you… or maybe it’s just me)

Res, thanks for the pie. Why don’t you just take this nice Chinese pudding in return?

Recusion, the Hydro Flame Planet is something I made up a few years ago. (not around the same time as the Flamster thing; that was something entirely different) Basically, I goit the name (well, the “Hydro Flame” part) off the side of a truck that I saw while doing a paper route.

The “planet” part came about when I decided that “Hydro Flame” had to have something to support it. But I didn’t want it to be just any old thing. What can I say, my mind works in weird ways. So there you have it. I didn’t base it on any existing planets, or any fictional ones. Just thought it would sound cool for some reason. Satisfied now? :slight_smile:

F_X