Repetitious email. Why?

I am suddenly get repeat email from the last few weeks. So waiting for about 500 items to load, & will then delete them all. Anyone know why this would happen? BTW: I’m out of town, using my regular service.

Could be spam.

I need more information: out of what town?

Well, after I posted the above, about 2 dozen windows opened up for one email message, so I thought it was a virus. The virus scan was negative. Doesn’t look like spam. It’s just repeat messages. I can tell because I did save some original messages. I guess I have to let this stuff continue to load to get to today’s email. :frowning: Oh, I’m in DC & the service is in CA.

Happens to me sometimes. Seems to be some sort of loop in their email sending program.

Im using activatormail.com for free net email, haven’t got any spam or viruses with them,
but thats cause they filter them out first.

Thanks for the tip, ** handy **. I’ll check into activator.

I had this happen to me once. I opened Outlook Express to find that I was receiving 1 of eight hundred sixty seven messages. All from the same source. I was unable to stop the download. I called my ISP technical support and they said it was rare but sometime happens. It was what they called a “Hic-cup.” It was thier computer that was the source of the problem and not mine. It was not a virus just a glitch. They asked me to just close my e-mail program and they would work on it at thier end. It took them a couple of hours to fix the problem, but I have not had the problem again.