How long can you keep cooked potatoes safely in the fridge?

I always wondered how long you can keep freshly cooked left-over potatoes in the fridge? I usually only keep them at the most 2 days then pitch them because I’m a little paronoid.

Is it safe to keep them any longer?

I think 2-3 days is fine. Or you can do what I do (and my family) with the left over mashed potatoes:

Make potato pancakes!

Just mix mashed potatoes with flour, 1 egg and make into a soft dough. Roll out, and use a small glass/round cookie cutter for the pancakes, fry in some canola oil/veg oil until golden! Serve with whatever you like!

(this is a family version of potato pancakes— I know some Germans use onions, etc, and these look more like hashbrowned potatoe pancakes.)

I think 2-3 days is fine. Or you can do what I do (and my family) with the left over mashed potatoes:

Make potato pancakes!

Just mix mashed potatoes with flour, 1 egg and make into a soft dough. Roll out, and use a small glass/round cookie cutter for the pancakes, fry in some canola oil/veg oil until golden! Serve with whatever you like!

(this is a family version of potato pancakes— I know some Germans use onions, etc, and these look more like hashbrowned potato pancakes.)

Make potato pancakes!

I like these with ketchup and salt…yum!

(this is a family version of potato pancakes— I know some Germans use onions, etc, and these look more like hashbrowned potato pancakes.)

Make potato pancakes!

I think 2-3 days is fine. Or you can do what I do (and my family) with the left over potatoes or mashed potatoes:

Make potato pancakes!

Shoot! Sorry for the multiple posts! Ugh!:eek:

Wait… Siemsi, does your family make potato pancakes with leftover potatoes? I’m not sure if I got that right or not.

:slight_smile:

Smartass Athena

A week would probably be OK as well. Cold potatoes don’t spoil easily.

Or you could see if Siemsi has any ideas about what to do with the leftovers.