Xmas songs--"great" version of "Sleigh Ride" etc.--who dunnit?

I’m trying to collect Christmas/holiday season songs with what I consider the definitive or standard version of each. I need some help finding out who did some of the songs.

By definitive version, as a rule it’s the original or biggest-hit rendition. Specifically I’m after some that I hazily remember from my childhood. I was born in '51, so these would have been on U.S. radio in the late 50’s and 60’s. Even though my perception is involved here, I think these would be recognized by most people as “the” version.

For example:
White Christmas–Bing Crosby
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting etc.)–Nat King Cole
Little Drummer Boy–Harry Simeone Chorale
Blue Christmas–Elvis Presley
Jingle Bell Rock–Bobby Helms
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas–Judy Garland

The songs I’m looking for:
Silver Bells–by a group, I believe, possibly a large group (chorale)
Carol of the Bells–definitely by a large group
Winter Wonderland–no particular memory of it, any suggestions?
Sleigh Ride–the definitve instrumental is by Arthur Fiedler with the Boston Pops Orchestra (complete with whip cracking and horse neighing). I’m looking for the great vocal. It was by a large group, and I’m pretty sure it included these two features: After “…hear the chestnuts pop” we hear “pop pop pop”; and the line “these are the moments we will treasure for all our lives” is repeated.

If anyone thinks they know the artist I’m looking for for any of these, please let me know. Thanks.

Sorry, I’ve heard a vocal but don’t recall who it was.

Please consider that the “definitive instrumental” for “Sleigh Ride” might be the one that is by the original composer – Leroy Anderson. It also has the whip cracking and horse neighing. I feel certain that Fiedler based his version on this. Love it! Love it! Love it!

As for Winter Wonderland, the version that I like best is not the definitive one, but it is so fine! In When Harry Met Sally, Harry Connick, Jr. does a really cool instrumental that is similar to Ray Charles’s.

Carol of the Bells is my absolute favorite. I don’t know who did the version that I have, but I think that it is done by a boy’s choir. Doesn’t it soar?!

Have you considered a version of “The Christmas Waltz” by Frank Sinatra? It is the one that begins, “Frosted window panes…”

Although I too love “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole best, Mel Torme wrote it and does a beautiful job.

I wish I were around your house at Christmas time! Cool idea!

I think the vocal version of “Sleigh Ride” you’re thinking of may be by Mitch Miller. I used to have an MP3 of it. Also, I think you’re right about the Arthur Fiedler version of “Sleigh Ride”. As far as I know, Leroy Anderson was the composer, but not a band conductor and Fiedler made many of his songs famous.

For me it’s always been Robert Shaw Chorale when it comes to this song. YMMV

h.sapiens nailed the Sleigh Ride Q. If you’re looking for the “pop-pop-pop” version it’s Mitch Miller and the Gang. I grew up with MM&tG’s Christmas LP as a little kid – one of maybe two Christmas LPs in the entire house, so yeah I know of what I speak.

Thank you all for the info. I’ll try to find the ones you’ve indicated.

Any other thoughts?

“Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” by Dean Martin is a must!

Thanks, Kepi, that’s one I’d like that I forgot to list.

In a few days I’ll get a chance to look for these songs, still open to further input.

Mel Torme also does a great vocal rendition of “Sleigh Ride.”