SDMB abbreviations??

Ok, some i know, like “IMHO”, “OP”, and “IANAL” (that one took a while to figure out). But what about “WAG”? And others. Let’s make a glossary for the neophytes (like me).

WAG: Wise-Ass Guess

IIRC: If I Remember/Recall Correctly
AFAIK = ?

As Far As I Know

Here ya go.

A pretty good list.

Tripler
I learned a few new ones too.

I was sure WAG meant something other than what Lissa said. And I am on 1300ish posts and I have only now heard of ‘IANAL’. What the FH does it mean?

here is a handy dandy little site to help you with all of your abbreviation needs.

Of course YMMV :smiley:

IANAL = I Am Not A Laywer

Just curious:

What did you think it meant?

I always thought WAG was Wild Ass Guess, meself. But IANAAcronymParser.

Had I been able to remember, I would have included what I thought it meant in my other post.

In other words. I don’t remember.

Excellent info. TYA.

Since this is a question about this message board, I’ll move this thread to ATMB.

bibliophage
moderator GQ

You love moving things, don’t you? LOL

“Look, I have ONE job on this lousy ship. It’s STUPID, but I’m gonna do it, OKAY?!” -Galaxy Quest

You’ve been given a couple good links already, so I’m sure this is overkill. Here is more than you ever wanted to know. (Hey, for all I know you’re really bored and will be eternally grateful for the opportunity to read all these threads.)

First, for All Features Great And Small / All Things Bright And Beautiful, check out Arnold Winkelried’s threads in ATMB: FAQ - technical issues and FAQ - Guidelines for posting at the SDMB.

For acronyms, check out this SDMB thread…
A SDMB thread re: acronyms (abbreviations?)

And a couple outside references…
Netlingo: Acronyms & Shorthand
Acronym Finder.

And here are some other SDMB threads you might want to look at…
Abbreviations and stuff
Phrase abbreviations in threads (Newbie alert!)
Attn Newcomers - Abbreviations List
Message Board abbreviations
abbreviations
YMMV and other SDMB abbreviations

And I always thought that Q. E. D. was “Quite Easily Done”. At least, that’s what my undergrad mathematical physics teacher told us. :wink:

Well, that, or quantum electrodynamics, but I digress.

No, no, no, Chronos. It means “Quit and eat dinner”.

What? Mr. Werner, my calculus professor was wrong?

Pshaw!

Well, if you’re a cute female of the right size and shape, yes, I am. :wink: