How do I get rid of 3 gallons of used peanut oil?

Last Thanksgiving, I decided to deep fry the turkey. I turned out well, but I’ve got about 3 gallons of used peanut oil that I need to get rid of. I’ve been keeping it in a jug in the backyard while I find out where I can dispose of it. Does anyone have any ideas?

I would

a: kill weeds or anthills

b: take it to the oil change place and have them tump it in with the motor oil

Call the sanitation department where you live or your county health department to find out where you can take it to be recycled.

If you know someone who keeps pigs, I expect he would take it to mix in with their food.

Know anyone who’s car has a Diesel engine?

Why not filter and save it for the next turkey, If you really got to get rid of it take it to a local restaurant and ask if they can dump it in with their used oil.

Thanks for the replies.

I ended up taking it to the city recycling center, where they gladly accepted it.

Well contact a resturant in your area… Many places use peanut oil for their friers. You cant miss the grease trap dumpster type things they have out back. If you can sweet talk a manager they very well might let you dump your in their container, which is recyled anyhow.

I’m glad I took the oil to the city recycling center. They also have a deal where you can take household chemicals that others have turned in. All you have to do is sign for them.
When I went there yesterday, I was able to get 4 quarts of motor oil, 1 quart of power steering fluid, 2 containers of Lime Away, a tin of 3in1 oil, and a bottle of linseed oil. All in all well worth my time.