My 'Homosexuals' thread wasn't trolling

It was a thread pitting His4Ever and her fanatical obsession with any thread mentioning gays, but in a non-traditional “prank” format.

Yeah, well, either way it was stupid.

Well put.

It matters less what you say it was than what the mods consider it to be.

You were trying to goad her into an argument again.

Prank?
I think you mean Wank!
Just what you are and what your posting style in the other thread was too.

Holy crap, what is it with people getting a thread closed, then opening another one on the same topic? Closed means closed!
Try using e-mail next time. The board (as a whole) could give a rats fuck if it was trolling or not. Take it up with the mods and shut the fuck up already.

Man. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Well I thought it was funny.

It’s still trolling. Posting disingenuously just to get a response. Textbook.

Yeah, it was trolling. It probably should have been locked, but at least it was creative trolling. :wink:

So, pizzabrat, you started a thread specifically to get His4ever to post, and with the intent of … getting her with a bucket of cold water.

If that isn’t the letter and spirit of trolling (which Lynn said it was, albeit in different words), we’re in an alternate universe.

“Well, sure, that first thread may not have been funny or interesting or had a ‘point’, but at least it wasn’t trolling, as I’ve pointed out in this thread that is also neither funny nor interesting!”

Really great OP, pizzabrat. Really. I for one am truly embiggened by it. Keep reaching for those stars.

I thought it was a perfectly cromulent post.

Ah, how wrong you are, Little Doper! You see, the Mods, (peace be unto them) are Omnipotent and Omniscient, at least as far as this message board is concerned. What they say, goes. Sorta like the US Supreme Court, but with a sense of humor.

My advice, throw yourself on THEIR MERCY and beg forgiveness. If you do this, especially in front of Lynn and promise chocolate, you’ll have a better chance.

::cough::

[sub]Freyrthereareotheradminsaswell,nottomentionthenumberofhigherupslikelittleed. STOP
andcecilwhohavechairsatthe"banornot?"table.Beadvisedthatthisslipupwillbebrought STOP
totheattentionoftheSDMBClique. STOP
ThereisnoSDMBClique STOP
ThereisnoSDMBClique STOP
ThereisnoSDMBClique STOP
ThereisnoSDMBClique STOP
ThereisnoSDMBClique STOP
End[/sub]

Trying to save money on the telegraph was kinda difficult, but ya gotta cut corners somewhere…

We don’t do pranks in the Pit. Even if we did, I would STILL consider your thread trolling. Be glad that I didn’t ban you and wait for an emailed apology.

Lynn
For the Straight Dope

IMHO, it did seem to be a thread designed into goading somebody into a confrontation. My handy-dandy dictionary.com says that trolling is, among other things:

The bolded parenthetical references are my own. Seems kinda trolly to me.

Confrontation? Really, in the extreeeeeeeeeemely unlikely event that such an innocuous statement like “Some people are gay” could have actually baited her, all I would have said was BLAM!, water. Then laughed. But as was mentioned in the other thread, the post was almost impossible to respond to. My theoretical response from her was “Huh? I heard someone say ‘homosexuals’. What’s going on in here?”, and I knew she wasn’t going to write that. It was just a corny, lighthearted joke; no malice intended.

And I started this thread to publicly quell a misunderstanding and to be assured that at least someone got my humour (thanks Diogenes!).

We don’t?

[sub]Sorry, couldn’t resist…Please don’t hurt meeee[/sub]

For fuck sake, Q.E.D.. Link to Lynn’s post not the entire thread.

If you can’t put intelligence into your posts, at least put in some fucking effort.