Stupidest Answer on a Quiz Show

When I was watching The Weakest Link I really did ROFL. Here’s why:

The question:
"In orienteering, what small object do competitors take with them, to blow in an emergency?

The dumbass contestant’s answer

“A gun”

Heard anything stupider than that?

Failmy Feud:

Q: Name something you take to the beach.
A: Turkey.

Q: During what month does a pregnant woman start to look pregnant?
A: September.

Also from The Weakest Link:
Q: The name of which game is jokingly said to derive from the acronym Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden.
A: Cricket

From 15-to-1
Q: Which commandment is Thou Shalt Not Kill
A: Honour Thy Father and Thy Mother

Family Feud is called family fortunes in blighty and…

Q"Name a dangerous race":

A"the arabs"

From a “Wheel of Fortune” many, many years ago:

“I’d like to solve the puzzle: The Battle of Bettysburg.”

One that was actually up on the board on Family Fortunes yesterday:

Q: Name something a dentist does to your teeth
A: “Hurt”

Not surprisingly, neither team got it.
In the same show in the Big Money round:

Q: Other than “board”, name another word that can follow “black” to make another word.
A: “Chalk”

Q: Name a pop group with a number in its name
A: 123

Family Feud:
Q: “How many eggs do you eat with breakfast?”
A: “13”

The Newlywed Game (this is just what I’ve been told, but I’ve been told that this was researched)

Q: “What is the most unusual place you have thought of making whoopie?”
Her: “In the a$$”.

Family Feud:

Q: Name a famous Willie.
A: Willie the Pooh

Q: Name a question, other than “How old are you,” that a person is likely to answer with a lie.
A: 18.
(Richard shakes his head, tries the other contestant)
A: I’ll say 50.
(Egads! More head-banging. It goes to the family, and . . .)
A I think it’s 39, Richard.

(OK, so it was a bad question, but get a clue, people!)

What sort of question is “how many eggs do you eat with breakfast?”!?!?

A real stumper, apparently …

The point of Family Feud is to try to give an answer that matches with the highest number of people in a survey of 100. So the questions don’t have to have a definite answer, but you have to try to guess what “most people” would say. I’d say two.

I’d say none–don’t like eggs or eat breakfast for that matter.

Surely out of 100 people a minority are going to eat eggs as opposed to cereal, toast, a bar of chocolate, fruit etc.

That wouldn’t be the butt, Bob.

Once, on Wheel of Fortune, All the letters had been overturned. Answer reads “Frankly, Scarlet, I don’t give a damn.” Contestant answers “Frankly, Scarlet, I don’t give a darn.” Contestant misses the answer. Next contestant reads it, and gets it right!

The implicaton is clearly how many do you eat when you are eating eggs, but I’m sure the answer of “zero” matched a fair number of answers.

Scarlett67, I embarrassed to admit that I remember that episode.

Slight hijack: My favorite answer?
Q: “Name a place in which you always spend more time than you think”
A: (In a fit of desperation, after all the obvious “doctor’s waiting room” answers have been given.) “At the DMV” (Department of Motor Vehicles.) Bingo - the last match.

From Family Feud:

Q: “Name a famous Rudolph?”

A: “Rudolph Hitler!!”

This is true; it was covered recently in this thread.

Fran Lebowitz in an interview told a couple of her favorites from Family Feud:

1. Name a famous Rudolph…
    “Rudolph Hitler!”

2. Name a famous American intellectual…
    “John F. Kennedy!”
    And Kennedy was up there…

In that guy’s defence, if it’s the one I’m thinking of, that was the last in a long series of questions, the likes of:

“What’s a meal you make for a holliday dinner?”

“Name a type of soup?”

“Name your favorite sandwich?”

each of which the guy answered, with varying degrees of seriousness, “Turkey”. By the time he got to “Name something you take to the beach”, the host was in histerics, the audience had laughed themselves out of their chairs, and I think that people would have thrown things at him if he hadn’t said “Turkey”.

Gameshows come and go, but there are very few perfect punch lines in the world, and I, for one, am glad he didn’t waste one.

-lv

Back when “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” was a hot show, on in prime time, I saw a guy get the first question wrong. The question was, “According to an old nursery rhyme, what did Little Jack Horner pull out of his Christmas pie?”

The guy answered “a blackbird.”

I know, I know, he was nervous, and he was undountedly thinking of “4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie,” but still, THAT was embarrassing, especially because he went to the same high school I did, and made mention of that on TV just before getting question #1 wrong.

Of course, I must give him credit- at least he was fast enough to reach the hot seat… which is more than I could manage when I got on the show.

Family Feud:
Name an animal with three letters in its name.

Contestant: “ALLIGATOR”

Wheel:
“I’d like to buy a vowel - a T.”