Secret McCarthy hearings go public - Record transcipts released

Not an argument. Just an FYI, but I thought it would be of greater interest to this forum’s participants than in MPSIMS. If a mod determines it needs to be moved please go ahead.

Transcripts of secret sessions held during anti-communist probe released.

The transcripts may be viewed at the General Accounting Administration’s Web site.

Gee, McCarthy turns out to be an even bigger AssHat then was suspected, if that’s possible. I especially love how he would only hold public hearings on witnesses that he knew he could browbeat.

What a truly charming human being.:rolleyes:

My daughter elfbabe and her friends have visited McCarthy’s grave to dance on it.

Only dance?

Well, if the other activities were done it might encourage grassy growth over the grave. Personally I’d rather see the plot denuded and obviously trampled than green and luxurious.

Enjoy,
Steven

Before we get too whooped up about what a miserable, devious, lying and mendacious, hypocritical, reckless and self-serving excuse for a public official Ol’ Tail Gunner Joe, the pride of Appleton, Wisconsin, was, please remember that there were an awful lot of collaborators who were happy to have Senator McCarthy break trail for their political ambitions or who lacked the courage to stand up on their hind legs and do something about the senator’s witch hunt. President Eisenhower bears no little responsibility for the Junior Senator from Wisconsin’s reign of terror, as do Bob Taft and Everett Dirkson. If every body responsible for the McCarthy debacle were to have his grave desecrated there would be much more dust in the air than there ever was during his term of office.

The public calling out of McCarthy is one thing for which we owe a debt of gratitude to Edwin R. Morrow and Eisenhower’s Secretary of the Army and Mr. Walsh. Remember that at the time Senator McCarthy was wildly popular with a fair portion of the electorate.

At that time? He still has his defenders or those who think he was doing “the right thing” even if he got “carried away.”

SG: Nicely put. As nasty as the guy was, there were an awful lot of “Good Germans” who went along w/o a peep.