Where is Cloraform sold?

I just saw a couple serial killer movies about John Wayne Gacy and in both movies he used Cloraform to knock out his victims.

Is Cloraform for sale someplace today? If it is NOT for sale today where do you think Gacy got the stuff?

Yes, it’s readily available. You can even order it online.

Isn’t it chloroform?

Yes.

You can make it, too. Never done it myself though.

We occasionally have newbies to bondage asking where they can get chloroform. We tell them not to, because chloroform is dangerous stuff that can cause liver damage and death. Guys like Gacy would obviously care less about that.

So, what is the legitimate use of chloroform?

(besides sticking them on glossy cardboard;) )

It’s used in the manufacture of plastics, refrigerants, etc.

Used to be used as an anesthetic.

Let me rephrase vd’s question.

What’s the legitimate private use? Also, can it get you high or is it just a knock-out deal?

btw, thanks to Evil Captor for some laughs when I saw his location :smiley: .

It will kill rats, bees, etc. in the walls of your house or other places that you can’t reach and some small animal is causing a nuisanse. There is a plastics manufacturer near here and some employees like to use it as an inhalant (not too smart).

Amazingly enough, I just completed working on fundraising efforts to restore the former military hospital where chloroform was first invented and used as an anaesthetic. (I presume the danger of permanent asphyxiation and the liver-damage problems are the reasons it’s no longer used for anaesthesia, but it was, I believe, the first anaesthetic.)

(We’re still trying to get an end user to fund the completion of the restoration, and, subject to state approval, a NFP group will be welcome to take over the building for their own use if they can complete the restoration process and maintain it – the intent is not to rstore it as the historic hospital it was, but just to restore it to the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for whatever use a NFP can make of it.)

Bromley: I accidentally inhaled some chloroform once when I spilled a large amount of it in a fume hood. (I was using a plastic wash bottle that had a hole in it, and didn’t notice it was leaking until a large puddle of chloroform had spilled on the bench.) It did feel kind of weird, as if I was about to lose consciousness, but the feeling went away when I stepped back into fresh air. I guess a person so inclined could inhale small amounts of chloroform to achieve and maintain the verge-of-losing-consciousness feeling without actually becoming unconscious. But persons-so-inclined would probably be better off inhaling more straightforwardly abusable and easier-to-abuse solvents.

Here at the Pad of Evil®, we use poppers (which are not illegal here - just covering my ass) when we get into a serious bondage scene. Grrrr. Nothing quite like the smell of leather, duct tape, and amyl. Makes you horny… like animal! :smiley:

<looking at airfares to Montreal…>
The few bits I do know about chloroform are that it’s pretty cheap, not horribly hard to obtain, but it is tracked. The bottles are serial-numbered, so in case some evil deed is done with the stuff, the cops can call the supplier and find out who bought it.

And yes, it does apparently get used in “knockout” or “abduction” scenes. Please note that these are not real criminal abductions, but rather a new level of excitement for some folks that find it wildly erotic to wake up in an unknown place.