AARGH! What the hell is going on with my computer?

It all started when I decided to go online today. I have Internet Explorer, and my HOme Page is usually MSN.com. But when I opened IE, I had a home page that told me my IP address, made my CD drive open and opened one of my files from my own computer. I restarted the computer, and went back online. When I went to the0underdogs.org and read descriptions of games, there were links that when moused over, gave me offers to things on ebay and other places. Then, when I click osmething once, it ends up clicking it about a milion times in a row, and certain keys on my keyboard don’t work. What can I do? Do I have Spyware on this machine? ARGH!

Yeppers. Download adaware and spybot search and destroy, and run them both.

Should fix the problemo.

I had that CD drive open thingie on my son’s computer last week. If these windows are also difficult to close, you probably have something called JS/Noclose. My son also had a couple other things going on, but I think the real culprit is JS/Noclose.

Unfortunately, neither spybot nor adaware will find it. Neither will Norton. Norton knows about it but claims that although it is annoying, it is not a threat and a “voluntary download” with free applications like Kazaa.

I ended up buying McAfee Virus Scan to clean his system. I’m $60 poorer, but his system is working.

Try cleantray (www.killersoftware.com) and check what apps you have running at startup, then delete them and the commands. Should fix it right up. Make sure you get the right commands though.