Do you have anyone on your "Ignore" list?

Inspired by Gobear’s thread about getting along IRL differently than on line, I’m just wondering…Do you have anyone on your “Ignore” list? Don’t name names (that would be against the rules). But I would like to know, in general terms, what the person or people did to get themselves planted in the “shunned” column.

Nope, nobody. If I don’t like what I read, I shrug (mentally - though not as per shrug… cos that’s SO frowned upon), and move on…

I always wanted to ask this question. I can’t imagine why anyone would. Sometimes it’s fun to read the posts of the people you despise.

nope - there are a few people on here I’ve wanted to ignore, but mostly they didn’t post enough for it to really matter.

This isn’t to say nobody will ever make my ignore list - there are a couple who are in the running! :slight_smile:

I’ve had some one on it once or twice. They’re the type that come here, start posting annoying things like crazy and then get banned.

I’m way to curious to have anyone on ignore. Sometimes I try just not to read or open certain things, but I usually give in and look anyways.

Not to say that some people’s reactions to particular topics aren’t completely predictable, though. Knowing these people’s regular views/habits keeps me from having to read everything. But, I still want my options open.
If I put myself on ignore, would I still be able to see what I’m thinking?

The first rule of the Ignore List is: you don’t talk about the Ingore List.

I don’t, either. I like to be able to sit here and think, “Oh, what a complete tool” and have all my opinions reaffirmed. There are only one or two regular posters, though, that make me roll my eyes.

Well, there is a prolific poster that I’ve been considering putting on ignore for months, but I’ve had too many technical questions I want to know about first.

Do you still see their thread titles if they start one?.. Stuff like that.

And I’ve been a bit too lazy to go to ATMB and ask.

Not that I’ve ever gotten disgusted with another poster enough to consider it, but wouldn’t it make following threads a pain in the butt? You’d have people responding to statements that you couldn’t read.

Eats, if you have someone on ignore, basically all that happens is that their posts are replaced with “This guy is on ignore, click here if you want to see this post”. If they’re quoted further down, tough luck, it displays normally.

I haven’t had anyone on ignore in a while, usually they get banned a week or so after I ignore them, so what’s the point?

What about thread titles? If the Ignored One starts a thread, does that display normally?

I know it’s kinda sick, but I like reading posts by people I don’t like. It’s reaffirming. It’s always best to know your enemy.

Yep. I’ve put folks on Ignore before, but always end up taking them off for just this reason. I also find that people change, and those that I ignre often end up becoming decent posters after a little while.

Daniel

I wonder if Left Hand of Dorkness will reply to this thread. :eek:

No way! The kooks are the best part of the board!

The second rule of the Ignore List is: you don’t talk about the Ignore List.

Never here. I have on another board. I gave it up pretty quickly. It turns out that I can resist reading posts by users who annoy me, unless their post appears in the format “This person is on your ignore list. Click here if you would like to see this post”. Then I lose all self control, and I’ve just got to read what it says!

Is it really sick if you do searches to find the posts you may have missed made by those you don’t like?
Just curious.

To answer the question of the OP -

I haven’t ever put anyone on my ignor list.

I don’t think it’s sick. It’s kind of like “Deadwood.” The guy that runs the town is such a prick, but I love to hate him.