To Use The Fly, Or Not To Use The Fly

As I relieved myself today, I decided to use the fly in my underwear. Usually, I just pull down the waist band and let it flow. Do any of you male Dopers use the fly?

Is it easier, more comfortable, what?

In reality, I don’t give it much thought, but curiosity got the best of me this time.

So, which do you prefer?

I only ever use it when I have so many layers on that getting to the waistband is a pain. Say, when wearing a tuxedo or armor.

What?

Armor? You mean like an athletic cup? How can you not us the waistband retreival method while wearing a cup?

I am used to using the waistband in all situations. Just make sure you don’t let it snap back when your done. :eek:

Whhhhhhaaaatttt???

I didn’t know there were people older than 14 who didn’t use the fly! I only pass up on it when I’m wearing pants or shorts that don’t have a fly.

It’s over the top for me. If you wind yourself through the fly, then it messes up the front of the underwear and eventually the jockey fly is always open. Plus, as you bring it back over the wasteband, that elastic snap causes that last drop of urine to be sprung off.

[sigh] Okay, you caught me. I meant to say, when I’m wearing armor just for show.

It would seem that somebody disagrees with you, though…

[quote=BobLibDem]
Plus, as you bring it back over the wasteband, that elastic snap causes that last drop of urine to be sprung off.[/quote
:smack:
:eek:

IF I’m wearing the stuff at all I’m a fly-boy (flannel boxers w/ a buton) because I hate undoing a belt to go over the top. On the extra-rare occasion I have briefs on (hasn’t happened in 8 years) I’m over the top no matter what–that fly was not meant to be used except as a fetish device to make tighty whiteys sexy.

It depends on whether you are wearing briefs or boxers. The fly on briefs isn’t very good at letting things out – and the fly on boxers isn’t very good at keeping them in.

My briefs don’t have a fly, but I can still go “over the top” through the fly of my trousers. And they ain’t “whiteys,” dammit.

It makes them sexy? :confused:

My ex-husband went over the top. My current husband uses the fly. Is it a height related thing? (Ex was very tall, current is on the shorter side of average).

There’s another consideration in the issue which is that if you go over the top, the metal fangs of your zipper don’t make their presence known as easily, which is always a good thing.

Dare I ask … how you know? :dubious:

Boxers - always through the fly except when wearing shorts or pants without a fly.

Briefs - always over the top.

Ah, I didn’t think about the boxers vs. briefs aspect of this. Then again, I haven’t worn briefs since 5th grade.

Ex-H mentioned once how he thought the fly in underwear was pointless, because he never used it. For reasons I don’t recall, the current Mr. Purl mentioned something about how he thought not using the fly was tantamount to flashing your co-workers. Plus, I was married to these guys, occasionally they pee/d where I can/could see them, if I was at the sink fixing my hair or something. I never thought it was a big deal, although it’s not something I particularly care to see, or would want someone I wasn’t married to doing nearby. Do other people go to great lengths to avoid using the toilet in front of their spouses? At least for peeing, anyway?

I may be a freak (and this may or may not have anything to do with that) but out of courtesey to the wife unit I do take a certain degree of care to prevent accidental looking on whilst voiding. Just sayin…

Hell, we have 1 bathroom for 4 people here, if I am in the shower, everybody wanders in to whizz…cant see into the shower from the rest of the bathroom, and cant see the rest of the bathroom from the shower so who cares=)

[it is mrAru and self as a married couple, and Dragon [male] and Philippa [female not involved with dragon] in the household. And occasinally Dragon’s wife if she is visiting for the weekend=)

Hell, after being in intensive care and in traction at various times in my life, I could probably use a toilet set in the middle of grand central station at rush hour…I have pretty much burnt out any trace of body modesty long ago=\

I’m a 25 year old male and I think that the fly in boxers is the root of all evil. And that little button will eventually fall off, and it will drive me crazy.