Do you want me to leave?

I realize that I have upset more than a few people with my posts. I’m sorry. That was never my intention. It certainly wasn’t what I had hoped for.

However, I will not try to be someone else. This is who I am. It’s who I enjoy being. I don’t plan on changing. So, I’ll make a deal with y’all. If you want me to leave just type the word ‘YES’. Type the word ‘No’ if you don’t want me to leave. You don’t have to chew me out, make over me, or apologize. A simple word one vote will be enough. Just so I can find out before I go to church tonight, I’m going to limit the vote to the first 30 responses. Please don’t vote more than once. I promise to follow the outcome of the vote, whatever that may be.

God bless,
jenkinsfan

>>“Do you want me to leave?”<<

No

You haven’t bothered me at all.

No, for heaven’s sake, we don’t want you to leave. :rolleyes:

If we really wanted you to leave, we’d all stand together in a big group and shout, “LEAVE!” and maybe we’d send gunmen over to your house.

Get down off the cross, we need the wood.

Sheesh.

P.S. But, you know, sweetie, Satan did kind of have a point. A person can be a good Christian witness without every single solitary word that comes out of his mouth referring to Jesus. Do you like sports? Movies? Britney Spears? Got any bachelor cooking hints for Baloo? You can keep the starched shirt and tie on, if you insist, but, you know, all the rest of us here are wearing Hawaiian print shirts, at least, those of us who aren’t posting naked except for sandals. Want to try one on? Got a whole boxful here…What color you like?

:smiley:

However, asking anyone not to comment (around here, anyway) gets you a comment.

Do you ever have something to say about how to cook asparagus or what a day you had or how nice the sunset was? I, also am a Christian, but my witness is not limited to what I have to say about G-d, but every thing I do that others see. I’m not perfect, and never intend to give that impression. Whether you intend to or not, you give the impression that you believe you are “better” (for lack of a better term) than anyone else when you refuse to discuss anything except in terms of how it relates to G-d, Jesus, and salvation.

They will come when they feel they are called. Don’t herd them.</soapbox>

~~Baloo

No, don’t leave.

But please post on more subjects. You’d be surprised how many people might be genuinely interested in what you have to say beyond your beliefs.

Yes, please go away.

(shrug) who is this person again?

This forum is an exchange of ideas and opinions. Which means that you’ll piss someone off sooner or later.

My philosophy on this is: Oh well.

You can either develop thicker skin, not say anything, or leave. It’s your choice. But I must say it strikes me as a little silly to have other people make that decision for you. And if it’s about your Christian beliefs, I’ll ask you: Did Jesus say, “Hey, if I’m pissing y’all off, I’ll be happy to leave.”?

I, for one, don’t want to surround myself with clones. I don’t want to surround myself with assholes, either. But I’ve found that there’s a pretty good balance around here.

No. I know that you feel you have good news to share, and some people might ask (demand?) that you tone it down, but my belief is that all are welcome to eat at the table that is the SDMB.

I can’t give a one word answer because it depends on you. Do you intend to post another horribly insulting sig like “ETERNITY: SMOKING OR NON SMOKING”? If the answer is yes, then please leave immediately. Otherwise as far as I am concerned you are welcome to stay, though you have offended me deeply and I certainly will not view what you say with fair unjaded eyes for some time.

No. I know that you feel you have good news to share, and some people might ask (demand?) that you tone it down, but my belief is that all are welcome to eat at the table that is the SDMB.

And I think that RTA is just being pissy and negative. At least, that’s what I sound like when I am pissy and negative.

No. But I would like to see you comment on a broader range of topics. What books do you read? What movies have you liked? Do you have kitchen tips for the bachelors? Give us a wider picture of who you are and your basic message will be more likely to be accepted.

this is foolish.

decide for yourself.

While martyrdom may have been a great career choice for Jesus, it sure isn’t one for his followers.

I have nothing against religion, unless someone tries to shove it down my throat. Then I’ll bite their hands off.

However, this is an open messageboard, where I have seen posters from both ends of almost all spectrums. And where they are (mostly) tolerated suprisingly well.
So, while jenkinsfan may have annoyed me once, I now ignore him. If he really contributes something, some day to this board, it’s going to fly under my radar…

What is insulting about this? Don’t you get it?

No

Why you are asking though is beyond me.
And please get off the cross , its already got a occupant.

No

Jenkinsfan, not one person in the other thread wanted you to leave. You do seem a bit keen on the martyr theme.

I’d like you to stay because you could help me, and possibly other’s, understand radical, seemingly all consuming, fundamentalism. You see, some people, including me, worry that genuine, all embracing fervour can be a dangerous thing.

I believe you to be a person of high morality, good heart and good intentions. But I worry that kind of blind allegiance you appear to practice has an unquestioning, anti-intellectual quality. This also makes me, at least, feel uncomfortable.

Do you feel consumed, are you a fanatic or do you feel there is balance in your life ? How do you apply intellectual rigour to the world around you in your day to day life ?

Why not stay and start a thread entitled: Ask the Fundamentalist – no prayers just Q and A

I, for one, would like to know where you are coming from (and how you got to be there in the first place) and you, in turn, might be able to assuage some concerns and inform a better understanding.

No, wait a minute…
STAY!

(Dang! Would certainly help if I had the slightest inkling as to who you were).

Hey Duck: Nobody told we about no sandals when I enrolled. And since I hate unexpected expenditures, I’ll continue to post au naturel, thank you very much!

O.K.: To get back to the OP, my final answer is: LINGER, sort of.

It comes down to your motivations, JF.

If you are just posting your interests, and your only real interest is in religion, then hang around (but you might want to consider PunditLisa’s suggestion that you develop a thicker skin.)

If you’re here, as your other posts have indicated, to be the Witness to the SDMB, then I’d say you’re wasting your time. As I mentioned to you earlier, these are all intelligent, responsible adults–they don’t want to be anyone’s “project”.

It depends on why you’re here, not on what you say.

My two cents.

-David

<commercial break> I honestly thought that most people here hated my guts(or at least the ones who responded with such nasty insults). BTW, why are my motives constantly being questioned? You think I enjoy this?</commercial break>