Hear (and Share) Dopers Making Music

This is completely self-serving. All those who wish to mock/abuse/chide me for doing this - bring it on, I deserve it with no argument.

In this thread a bunch of Doper guitarists have posted music. I have been surprised at how few hits this has been getting, or at least, how few posts. Since this lack of activity may be due to the thread title - maybe only guitarists are checking it out - I thought I would post this thread, too.

If, in fact, people just aren’t into this exercise - then, sorry, move along, nothing to see here.

To make it broader in appeal though, I would be interested in hearing other Dopers’ music, guitar or no. I have no idea if the incredibly generous Anonymous Coward would agree to host other MP3’s but if you have a way to share your music please do so.

And for those of you who do listen - whether you share your music or not - any comments would be great, just to know someone took the time and gave it a listen…

I used to be in a ska-punk band called Baker Act, back in college in the late '90s. I have two of our songs as mp3s on a special Baker Act tribute page on my website:

http://www.geocities.com/bigbadvoodoolou/bakeract.html

Let me know if anyone downloads these–tell me what you think! I’m the sax player, by the way.

Since you asked, you can hear a recent gig by me and a few friends here. :wink:

[Actually, the link appears to be down at this particular moment, but should be up again soon and should be available until the 23rd.]

I’m currently in a power pop/punk/alt rock (WTF do you call it these days?) called Yell County, and there are some mp3’s for downloading in the link in my sig. (You have to click through an agreement not to sell, etc, but it’s free).

If nothing else, you should go to the original thread

and listen to a different version of “Hocus Pocus” by Focus (a Dutch group that had the hit in 1973).
This was done by SDMB member NoCoolUserName using acoustic guitars and various other instruments (and singers). It is well worth a listen.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou I love ska! And you guys do (did) it great. Are you into anything now?

Gyrate–very sweet. Can you tell us which part is you? :slight_smile:

An Arky, does your band need another guitar player? I’d love to be playing that high-energy stuff…not that my band lacks energy, but we ARE all over 50.

If anyone’s interested, I can put a copy of a ‘music concrete’ (I know I spelled that incorrectly) piece I did for a Music class in HS. Rhythmically it’s lacking, but it’s certainly interesting for its instrumentation…

I just want to ask first because, with my slow connection, it will take me a while to upload it and I don’t want to waste anyone’s time…

Zombie Flapjack by Ichabod and the Oligopoly, reality cancellation technicians from one of infinite possible futures.

lyrics:
fubsy kumquats
zombie flapjack
gumshoe foosball
in my knapsack

I don’t know what the heck is going on, but I am having problems hearing stuff.

BBVLou - I kept getting an error telling me to check the Real website’s page, which I then couldn’t find. Can you send me one file via email, since you know my address? And, hey, did you listen to my stuff?

Already in Use - I kept getting a “continuing to download” or something - and I have a cable modem, so speed shouldn’ be an issue.

Still working on it.

Weird, it worked when I posted it. I’ll see if I can get it working again.

You can hear a few tracks from the last CD I was on here. This was when we used to be more Ska, and were much younger. I’m the drummer BTW.

Well - whatever you did worked. I got it easy this time - fun stuff; what is the backwards faerie vocal? This piece sounds like soundtrack music (I mean that as a compliment - like good soundtrack music) to a fantasy movie/cartoon.

Dude - you rock! Love the Fenster stuff - really, really tight drumming. Sounds like you’re a Stewart Copeland fan?

I will try the other stuff later - if you haven’t already, check out my stuff, if only for the drumming - my guy was a touring pro for 15 years.

I played keys for a Hungarian indie pop band called Amber Smith (which is still together.) Check out some of the tracks here.The English version of this CD was released on an independent Berlin-based record label called Fire Station Records.

We actually got a little radio play (some Portuguese company even used one of our songs for a commercial).

Thanks!

I wish the sound quality was better, and they cut the coolest parts out of the song, so on and so forth…
If I can find a copy of the last demo we made, I’ll post it. It’s much more rock-like than the other stuff.

Yes, me likey Stewart Copeland. We even butchered a version of Synchonicity II once upon a time.
I love playing “Hello” for people and watching their face when they recognize what song it is. We actually had to pay royalties to Lionel Ritchie, so I like to think that part of Nicole Ritchie’s allowance was due in part to my efforts. :wink:

I’ve been trying to check out your link from the other thread but I think the server is being overtaxed. I’ll try again later.

I’m a contemporary classical/New Age solo piano composer… I’ve done a few film scores and have released a CD called Midnight Story. You can listen to MP3s and buy the CD (please!) at www.brandonsturiale.com and www.cdbaby.com/Sturiale.

For those of you in the NYC area, I’ll be doing a show on the 25th of August at Danny’s Skylight, so drop on by!

Okay, I encoded these files and made this webpage specifically for the lot of ya. It’s terrible looking, I know, but I just used a template to get it done as quickly as possible.

The two songs can be found right here, baby.

These were from back in the mid-1990’s when my 18 year old self and a friend decided to make industrial music with freeware trackers. Considering the source, I think the songs are pretty good. Please excuse the bad sound quality (recorded on tape years ago and then transferred to wav and then to mp3).

Hope you like it…

Oh yeah, I should mention that I was the vocalist.

These two songs are my band’s last single:
NYC
Bob Dylan

We did it ourselves, so it lacks the studio sheen we were going for, but it was also free. Hope you like.

I’ve been trying to get Dopers to listen to my Music for years! :smiley:

dreamer’s Music
I am the Vocalist on all the songs listed and my SO played all the Instruments. We recorded and mixed all the songs together in our home studio.