Is The Entire Cast of "GUNSMOKE" All Dead?

I’ve been watchin Gunsmoke on TVLand…man, that was a good show! Makes me sad to realize that most of these folks have passed on…are they all gone?
Will we ever see a revival of the Old West genre? :cool:

We did, in the '80s and '90s. Young Guns, The Young Riders, Lonesome Dove, Dances With Wolves, Silverado, The Long Riders, Unforgiven… Not to mention the cowboy boot craze.

And Posse. Don’t forget Posse.

James Arness, Burt Reynolds, Buck Taylor, and Dennis Weaver are all still living.

[utl=http://imdb.com/name/nm0915840/]Dennis Weaver is still alive.

That’s what happens when you post with an affectionate cat in your lap (and fail to preview).

link

Short bio/obits of Amanda (“Miss Kitty”) Blake, Milburn (“Doc”) Stone, Ken (“Festus”) Curtis, and James (“Louie Pheeters”) Nusser.

James (“Marshall Matt Dillon”) Arness remains alive, though retired, at the age of 81. The Dead People Server which tracks the dates of death of celebrities and is current through 9/11/04 shows him as alive, as well as Dennis (“Chester”) Weaver.

Kelsey Grammar recently got into a bit of trouble with Arness over Grammar’s character “Frasier Crane” tying “Matt Dillon” on prime time TV. I.e., Arness is alive and swearing.

Interesting little piece of information. But I’m banking the house that Matt LeBlanc shatters all records. :wink:

I always thought it might make a nice touch in a satirical movie if Matt Dillon did a cameo as a character named James R. Ness! :slight_smile:

His name is spelled grammer and the only reason I remember that is becuase you would think he would be a stickler for grammar rules and such but his last name is spelled different…yeah I need to get a life I know.

Damn you because* :mad:

I’ve been informed that James Arness is only partially dead.

Deadwood, a current series on HBO, is perhaps the best western ever shown on TV. Fantastic program.

Damn I read the James Arness bio on imdb and I never realized while watching the show when I was younger how fucking big this guy is…6’7’’!

What, did you date him? :eek:

:smiley:

Although that would explain why he was so hostile to Kelsey Grammer!

Well, he certainly wasn’t cast as The Thing for his charming good looks.