How much does a 50lb bag of rice cost nowadays?

My wife and I are on a semi-fixed income now (I get paid in large chunks about once every quarter), so it really behooves us to buy in bulk. I’m doing some grocery budgeting, and was just curious what the going rate for a 50lb. bag of rice (at Sam’s or Costco) is nowadays.

(Groceries are the one thing that online shopping/price searching isn’t so good for …)

IIRC it’s around 10-15 dollars or so for a 50 lb bag @ SAMS

This guy thinks you’d be better off using an asian grocery store

A 3 lb bag costs $0.99 at discount food places like Aldi or Save-a-lot. I have no idea about 50 lb bags.

I have no idea where Toadspitle Hill is, but here in the Northwest, we order from an outfit called Azure Standard.

Currently a 25 pound of plain old brown rice is 13.00 with free delivery to a fellow bulk buyer in town.

I’m big on stocking up and seldom ever have to go to a store unless it is to take advantage of loss leaders.

Even if you are not in the northwest, google on buying clubs or Co-op’s in your area. It’s a great way to save money and improve your diet at the same time.

Don’t buy rice at costco. It’s gross.

Goto an asian grocery store. A 50 lb bag’ll run you 20 bucks at most.

In the Bay Area, around $18 (Jasmine). Sometime on sale for $17. Definitely buy this kind of item in bulk. 50 pounds will last a long time.