Have You Ever Saw a UFO?

I just wacthed a documentary on the History Channel on UFOs. It is perhaps the most intriguing report I have seen in recent years. First, with the announcement of stealth aircraft, I thought the mystery of UFOs was solved. But, it seems countless Mexicans (in Mexico City) witnessed the same UFO while watching the sky in prep for a total solar eclipse. I don’t think had ever so many confirmed the same sighting!

Have you ever witnessed anything odd in your skies? Please share what it was, where it was, and month/year…if possible. Highly interested, Jinx

:smack: :smack: :smack:
I swear the title of my thread was abducted! :smiley:

• Jinx :smack: :smack: :smack:

I’ve seen a couple of things which I haven’t been able to identify. Most memorable was one night in '87 in southern Illinois, around Christmas. There was this roundish orange glow on the horizon. I don’t think it was a planet because the glow was in the wrong position to have been reflecting the sun.

All the time. There’re plenty of things I’ve seen in the sky that I could not readily identify. I don’t imagine there were any Klingons or Wookies wanting to sodomize me in any of them though.

Shame too. Worf can be cute at times and B’Elana could do anything she wanted with me.

What position was it? There’s not really any position I can think of where a planet wouldn’t reflect sunlight - other than “too close to the Sun to see”… then again if it was visibly round, then it wasn’t a planet.

Anyway, channels like History, Discovery, and TLC love to throw in complete BS now and again, for some unfathomable reason.

Well, yes, I’ve seen things in the sky that I couldn’t identify.

And then I’ve also failed to see unidentifiable flying objects, as when I stood outside my sister’s rural New Mexico home one evening with a ufo obsessed friend who commented on the unusual amount of secret military aircraft in the air. Having failed to join him in the 16 oz. tumbler of vodka, the remains of which he was swilling, I failed to note anything but commercial jetliners in the air above. Silly me.

My most memorable sighting was on a Sunday evening return to Houston from Austin in 1974, on 290. It was early dark, and there was a heavy overcast at ~600 feet, when we noticed lights in the clouds about a mile away. We pulled over, as did many others, to watch them. It came our way slowly, and when it was directly over us, it appeared to me as lights you might see from the cabin windows of an extremely large airship gondola. They were of an orangeish glow. The aircraft’s movements were consistent with that of a dirigible. Very soon after it passed overhead, it ascended and quickly disappeared into the cloud cover.

I never did suspect anything extraterrestrial was involved, although I did think it odd to be taking something like the Goodyear blimp out for a spin in those conditions. Karen (the little nutjob goddess who was with me) to this day (well, OK, I haven’t seen her since about 1998, but I have no reason to suspect she’s changed her perception) remains convinced we brushed up against The Unknown, and gets all kindsa gooey weird when the subject comes up.

I once specificall did not see a UFO, while others in my vehicle did.

It was one evening in Devils Lake, ND, with my 16-year-old brother and a local friend of his along. They suddenly saw a “UFO” floating in the air near the ground, circular, and with red lights along the sides. I said I couldn’t see any UFO there at all, just some regular lights. They insisted it was a UFO, and that it was moving. I said the movement was our car, which was moving along the roads. But they insisted that it was moving. And then it suddenly disappeared. Which I pointed out coincided with us turning up a long driveway, with high trees growing close along either side. But they were sure that the UFO had suddenly whooshed away at high speed.

The next day, in daylight, we went down the same road. I pointed out the big round water tower on the Devils Lake military base, with the red lights around it. They said I was just being obstinant, refusing to believe the obvious evidence of a UFO. Even though they were pretty well sober by this time, they still claimed to have seen a UFO. And they still claim that, many years later.

No.

Every strange thing I ever saw had a reasonable explaination. Could have made a bundle off of “out of focus”’ photography however. I used to live on the final approach to Mccarran at Vegas (did I spell those right?) and the lights would line up for 50 miles on a Sunday night. Also saw weird lilghts at Nellis, but knew what they were at the time.

If there was intelligent life visiting us from other worlds, we would know about it.

I saw a bright blue green object appear in the sky about 45 degrees above the horizon to the North, and streak up to nearly straight over head and then separate into four or five parts which then fanned out and disappeared. This was in 1986 IIRC about 7:00 am in West Germany. Several hundred others across Europe saw the same thing.

B’Elana??

No no, Seven of Nine gets to *assimilate * me anytime.
:smiley:

[Texan drawl]
Seen one? Boy, I own one of them dang thangs.
[/drawl]
Mines the one with those riceboi stickers and a Type X sticker on the side.
:stuck_out_tongue:

When I was twelve I thought I saw a UFO. I even wrote to SETI about it. They sent me a huge packet all about UFOs and the different levels of Close Encounters, plus a questionaire sheet. I ended up not filling out the questionaire sheet because I couldn’t remember half of the things they asked.

Yes. I saw something that I thought was an alien spaceship. I still have no explaination for what it was. However, I saw it when I was 8 and I don’t know how much was imagination at the time and how much is 30 years of brain rot since. I wasn’t the only one who saw it at the time but most thought it was some sort of balloon. For the record I do believe there is abundant intelligent life in the universe but I do not believe we have had visitors.

It was in a northerly direction, we were on I-57 heading toward Chicago at the time. Whatever this thing was, it was brightest on top, darkest on the bottom and - from what I could tell - perfectly round. I can’t be positive because the bottom was too dark.

Being on a highway at night, there wasn’t anything to get a frame of reference from to judge the actual size or distance. From my vantage point in the car, it was about a half-inch in diameter (side-to-side) and two inches above the horizon.

Not a UFO but still kinda weird…

In late summer, 1988, I had to leave the house before 5 am in order to get to work on time. While driving along in the dark, starlit pre-dawn, suddenly the sky swiped bright blue then swiped back into dark. Took less than 10 seconds. Like God had been playing with the celestial dimmer switch. The news reported it as the “blue flash”, caused by a very intense meteor going across the sky or something like that. I didn’t see anything moving but it was pretty cool.

I’ve never seen a UFO firsthand, but my father used to insist he saw one while engaging in naval exercises in the '60s. He said his ship was shelling an uninhabited island when a “cigar-shaped craft” (of course) flew down and hovered over the island for some time before flying away. He claimed that everyone on deck saw it.

Just this once:

My high school boyfriend and I were hanging out on the hammock at my parent’s house. This was probably back in '90 or '91.

We were stargazing, and it was a lovely night for it. Crystal clear.

He points out two stars that are, well…moving. Fast. Really, really, really fast.

I’d guess they were at least 5 times faster than any plane I’ve ever seen.

They had no rhyme nor reason to the directions they were going, either. Zip zip zip, they sped to one arbitrary spot, then zipped to another arbitrary spot. They kept this up for about 10 minutes before they both blinked out at the same time.

The size of the “stars” was no larger than any regular star visible in the night sky. There was no multicolored lights, nothing blinking. Just really insanely fast, erratic movement.

<hick>I ain’t sayin’ it was aliens, but I ain’t never seen nothin’ like that before or since. </hick>

Was the Fridge bending over?

:confused:
:thinks:
Oh, that Fridge! :smiley:

In 30 years I’ve seen two thing I can’t explain. I’ll post this one here because I can’t think of any better place for it.

Alligator Alley is a long road that runs east-west through the Florida Everglades. I drove it alot in college, going back home for school breaks and whatnot. It’s not much more than a long ridge of dirt with a road on it, back then it didn’t even have streetlights.

Anyway, I used to like to pull over in the middle of the night. It’s a flat swamp with no artificial light, so the night sky literally is half the world, everything clear and bright. One time I looked toward the side of the road, which is (after a short swath of grass) nothing but reeds and water. Something was moving in there.

It was a pale green light, very faint, blinking periodically. The color looked distinctly like the radioactive paint on watch dials, that light green stuff. It was moving parallel to the road. The blinking of the light was artificial, I timed it. 3 seconds on, two off, repeat. Totally soundless, no engine sound, no footsteps, no sawgrass being pushed aside, no sound of water being disturbed. Gator eyes reflect light, but it was above the waterline, and the wrong color for a gator.

Never seen anything like it before or since (not that I got out of my car on the Alley after that). It just kept going, without a sound, slowly moving through the swamp. Creeped me out.

I just took a picture of this thing about a month ago. It was very bright and hung in the sky for what seemed like forever. It was roundish, irridescent, and glowed strangely as you can see by the picture and it had a definite “cleavage”… very haunting and beautiful, quite an experience. The photo is undoctored.