Was Princess Diana Killed by FBI Space Aliens?

So, I’m watching Conspiracy?, as I have very low standards. The’re doing Princess Diana, interviewing a nice overview of “the Royal family killed her!” people and “ummm, it was a traffic accident” people.

One spokesman for the Fayed family (and I do feel sorry for Mohammed el Fayed, he lost his son, but he’s still a huge wanker) said, sarcastically, “the people who believe that Princess Diana died in a simple Saturday night traffic accident are the same people who believe that President Kennedy was killed by alone gunman.”

Ummm, well, yeah.

Does anyone (except for a bereaved family) really believe she was killed in some sort of conspiracy? Why, how and by whom?

I think when something like this happens, you need to look at who stands to profit the most. It then becomes obvious that Princess Diana was killed by a coalition of florists.

And Elton John.

Can you prove she WASN’T killed by FBI space aliens? Hmm?!

Do me a favor and look at the tip of this pen.
/puts dark sunglasses on…

I was going to do something, but I’ve forgotten what it was…

I’ve never told anyone this but some years ago I farted in bed and my wife remarked how it sounded like “Pol Pot”. We had a few giggles over that during the night but you can imagine our surprise when on the news the next day we saw the reports of Pol Pots death.

Nothing similar has happened since until tonight when I farted in the bath. I’m afriad it’s not looking good for Edward Woodward.

I realise this has nothing to do with Diana’s death, but I do feel it may give a valuable insight into the thought processes that go into the building up of conspiracy theories.

If you can produce flatulence with the cadence of the name “Edward Woodward,” I suspect that conspiracy theories aren’t the only things that tend to “build up” in your general vicinity. What do you EAT, man? And are you still married to that unfortunate woman?

No conspiracy- just overagressive driving coupled with the lack of guardrail in front of the columns in the tunnel. If there had been guardrail in front of the columns or filler walls poured between them, she lives today.

Then perhaps the FBI space aliens performed a merciful act. Sure, there was that spike of Princess Di stories immediately after her death but when was the last time you saw a magazine featuring her? Shit, I recall one slow news month where she was on the cover of half the magazines at the 7-11. I hadn’t thought Easy Rider would’ve been that interested but this was right after some topless shots had been released and you could see the bikers holding their “SHOW US YOUR TITS!” sign off to the side. It was cropped out of her spread in Celebrity Skin.

From my memory of what it was like the last time I was there, if there had been a guardrail, there wouldn’t have been room for cars. Those damn tunnels are small.

Then again, seeing the road and the tunnels in person, I found it difficult to imagine driving that fast there at all–and I’m pretty much notorious for disrespecting speed limits. But then, I just like to get where I’m going fast, not so much die in a ball of flame–sort of puts a limit on my top speed.

-VM

Um…

John Fitzgerald Kennedy. President. Opposed to intervention in Vietnam. Bay of Pigs. Cuban Missile Crisis. All kinds of people who’d like to see him dead. Conspiracy to kill him at least conceivable.

Princess Diana. Overpriveleged spoiled brat. Has real strong opionions on a bunch of stuff. Uh…got divorced?

Damn, I can’t see one person thinking that she was worth killing, much less a whole blasted conspiracy.

Just make sure to give me a happy memory. :wink:
But seriously folks, the story I’ve seen most often is that it was the paparrazzi trying to get a photo. Considering the money available to both parties, wouldn’t they be able to afford a limo with windows tinted dark enough to prevent a photo being taken in the first place?

It’s not like Princess Di didn’t know there were people trying to take her photo all the time.

Yes, exactly!

And where were the guardrails?

Weren’t they “supposed” to be installed that very day?

Hmmmm…

Shortly after my mother died (she beat the cancer, but the chemo did her in), I was ready, willing and able to believe incompetent doctors kiled her, and then conspired to cover their malpractice.

The grief abated, and rationality (somewhat) returned. I know the doctors did their level best (a top-flight, highly respected medical malpractice attorney told me so), and my…soul, I guess you’d call it, recognizes their humaity and decency in the heroic efforts they undertook to save her life.

Any person in pain seeks to lash out, to demand, “Why, God, Why?!” And them seek fault in others.

I don’t know if conspiracies were involved in Princess Di’s death (inasmuch as I ever noticed any of The Royals, her I held in some regard), but I ascribe Mohammed al Fayed’s statements to Denial, to natural grief, and natural reactions to that loss of a loved one.

Not that I give much credence to the conspiracy theories (although the story that MI6 had researched plans for causing car crashes by use of a blinding light into the rearview mirror inside a tunnel is great for the theorists), but realistically there was far more motive for the Royal Family to wish her out of the way than you ascribe.

She was a threat to them, insofar as being way more popular than any of the other members and, at the time in question, there was emerging the very real possibility that the mother of the future king would marry a muslim.

Why would this have been a problem for the Royal Family?

. . . And how did the killers get her to not wear her seatbelt?

Aagramn has a good point: a Muslim in the royal family would have been a huge public-relations coup, with the influx of Muslim immigrants into the UK. Though all of Di’s friends say Dodi was naught but a fling, anyway . . . .

Well, they’re not really known for their enlightened views (ahem Prince Phillip). Plus the monarch is, of course, the head of the Church of England.

To quote Fanny Brice, Prince Phillip couldn’t mastermind a lightbulb into a socket. And had Dodi married Diana, his place in the Royal Family would be so neglible as to be non-threatening (and he was hardly a fundamentalist Muslim!), yet the Windsors would still win points with their Muslim constituents.