Cable Networks You'd Like To See

I’m not talking about AMC actually showing classic American movies again, or channels which you don’t get, but channels which as far as you know, don’t exist, but you’d watch if they did.

I’d like to see a fake news channel, like a 24 hour version of The Daily Show (instead of a fake news channel like Fox :wink: ) Like Jon Stewart, I think that’s what this country needs.

XCPWAL: The Extreme Close-up of Pets with a Wide-Angle Lens Cable.

XCPWAL2: The Extreme Close-up of Pets wearing Hats with a Wide-Angle Lens Cable.

the stock footage channel.

all stock footage all day long. maybe with theme nights. “blowin shit up tuesday” and “random weather shots friday”

I’d like

CNN-The Cartoon News Network, Cartoon characters reading fake news stories.

The Explosion channel-Nothing but fire and explosions all day

The Ouch Channel-Nothing but people falling off skateboards, rollerblades, etc.

The Weekly World News Channel- A channel based on the wacky newspaper.

The Judge channel- Nothing but Judges all day Judge Judy, Judge Mathis, The People’s Court.

The Fight Network- Only Sports that involve fighting such as Pro Wrestling, Ultimate Fighting, Karate, Boxing, Street Brawling, etc

The Reality Show Channel- Reality shows 24 hours a day all day, including reality shows from other countries.

The Teen News Network- Real news but read by people 13-21.

Underground Music Network-Like MTV but it would feature lesser known bands and rap groups.

Skecth Comedy Network- 24 hours of sketch comedy shows from around the world

The Children’s News Network- Real news but read by people 7-13.

The Mechanics Network- Nothing but fixing cars, motorcycles and big trucks. Very instructional just like the food network but mostly appealing to guys.

That’s all I can think for now of but I’d watch all those channels that I just mentioned.

I’m no longer a fan so I don’t know for certain but I’m pretty sure but I believe there’s a Pro Wrestling channel that has already been made or is being made, one and if McMahon is smart, he’ll eventually turn it into more of a general “fight network” over the years to broaden its appeal and be less of a niche channel.

The Concrete Curing Network- to give a more entertaining alternative to golf.

The Discovery Channel Without Motorcycles Network- what TDC was about 3 years ago.

The Old Baseball Channel- shows nothing but old ballgames from 1950s to the 1970s before the players started juicing.

The Jennifer Aniston Channel- all Jen, all the time.

The Simpsons Channel - Just Simpson episodes all the time. Cheap, low maintenance and bound to pull in decent ratings.

The Pilot Channel - nothing but failed pilots that were not turned into regular TV series.

The Gambling Network - Televised poker seems to be the new big thing. Let’s have a network with lots of poker tournaments, plus documentary shows on the attractions of Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Monte Carlo, and other gambling meccas.

I think START’s Ouch Channel and bob_loblaw’s Stock Footage Channel are great ideas.

I already posted this in the last thread on this subject, but:

The StarGate channel. Take the ubiquitous damned thing off Sci-Fi, Fox, our local station, and put it on its own network so that we can have a chance to watch something else!

SHH—The Silent Movie Channel. Like that’s gonna happen.

We have such a channel. It’s called The Travel Channel. :smiley:

I want to see The Superhero Network. Nothing but superhero cartoons, live action series and movies. They could even do some original productions of comic properties that haven’t been optioned as motion pictures.

I’d like to see the Test Pattern Channel. All test patterns, all the time!

I’d also like to see the 24-hour New York Subway SecurityCam Network. Video footage of people getting mugged, 24-hours-a-day.

I want a Horror Channel. One is supposed to launch soon, but I’m starting to lose hope; it was supposed to launch back in October.

I’d like to see a real news channel. One with actual reporting and analysis. One that took the time to explore the issues in an adult fashion. One that wasn’t a constant barrage of bloviating blowhards bellowing at each other with no more qualifications than any newspaper-reading SDMB’r.

This channel would kick ass. I would watch just to see engines being torn down and put back together. And not like they do on those dumb Monster Garage shows.

I’d like to see a Motorcycle channel. Something with racing, touring, new bikes, old bikes, repairing bikes. Except again no damn Monster Garage.

Cable Network’s You’d Like To See

The Punctuation Channel

I really want the Horror Channel to get itself together and come aboard, already. I was so happy during Halloween when it was basically guaranteed that somewhere (usually on Bravo), someone would be showing something horror.

I also want AWW-The Puppy Channel. All puppies, all the time. Puppies sleeping. Puppies cavorting. Puppies tugging on pieces of rope. Come home from a rough day at work, and watch puppies for a bit. Or The Horror Channel. Flip between the two.

The Beach Channel - 27/7 of just sunny tropical beaches. “And that’s sunset at Destin. Next up, Maui. Brought to you by Corona Beer.”

The Storm Channel - all those storm chaser things that have taken over the weather channel, put 'em here. During off hours, just show storm footage.

The Waterhole Channel – cameras set up at waterholes around the world, so you can always see one where it is morning or evening, and you can watch the animals.

(I’d definately watch the Puppy or Kitten Channel! Maybe cameras on baby animals all the time.)

The Rerun Network - A 24 hour channel that plays the exact same broadcast that was shown on a TV channel ten years ago. Differing channels and time periods available.

The Ad Channel - Nothing but TV commercials. But only the good ones.

The Celebrity Skin Channel - plays only the nude scenes from movies.