Celebrity Parentage.

Calamity Jane is on the TV right now (I’d say I was watching it but that would be stretching the truth) and I see Doris Day singing about her secret love. This makes me wonder if Jamie Lee Curtis can sing only I know Jamie Lee Curtis is Janet Leigh’s daughter and not Doris Day’s (Stick with me. There is a question coming up sooner or later), I cannot think if Doris Day has any celebrity children.

I know Blythe Danner’s kid is Gwenth Paltrow (once I learned that I was like of course. They look exactly alike! and Jane Fonda is one of Henry Fonda’s acting childrens child but I don’t know which one. I hear George Clooney’s father is famous but not as famous as his aunt Rosemary. Just saw a picture of Roxie Roker’s husband and Lenny Kravits doesn’t look anything like his dad. And not only because he’s a completely different color either.

Soooo. Who am I missing? Who’s related to who? What’s the parental scoop? Does Doris Day have any celebrity children?

Doris Day’s only child, record producer and songwriter Terry Melcher, died quite recently.

Jane Fonda is Henry Fonda’s daughter. I think you’re thinking of Bridget Fonda, who’s Henry’s granddaughter (she’s Peter’s kid).

I don’t believe Doris Day had any famous children. Her son became a record producer, though.

Debbie Reynolds is the mother of Carrie and Joely Fisher. (Eddie Fisher is their father)

If you’re looking for other show-biz relatives, there’s:

Douglas Fairbanks Sr. and Jr.
Lon Chaney Sr. and Jr.
Ingrid Bergman and Isabella Rossellini (dead ringers)
Debbie Reynolds + Eddie Fisher = Carrie Fisher
Judy Garland + Vincente Minnelli = Liza Minnelli
Allllll those Barrymores

Siblings! The Gishes, the Talmadges, the Costellos, the Cusaks, the Belushis, the Baldwins, the Pickfords, the Olsens, the Eatons . . .

[QUOTE=jayjay]
Jane Fonda is Henry Fonda’s daughter. I think you’re thinking of Bridget Fonda, who’s Henry’s granddaughter (she’s Peter’s kid).

[QUOTE]

I knew that! In my mind I was thinking that perhaps Jane is Bridget’s mom but I was’nt sure-- I would have been wrong-- and then typed Jane istead of Bridget.

Are they buying it?

Elvis and Lou are brothers?!

Not only that, but they looked damn cute in drag!

[QUOTE=Biggirl]

[QUOTE=jayjay]

You might be thinking of Drew Barrymore, the granddaughter of legendary actor and Henry Fonda contemporary John Barrymore (with wife Dolores Costello, to bring things full circle)

The Arquette siblings (Patricia, Roseanne, Alexis [aka Eva Destruction], David) are grandchildren of Hollywood Squares staple Charley Weaver (real name: Cliff Arquette).

Jason Patric is the son of Jason Miller and the grandson of Jackie Gleason.

Rip Torn & Sissy Spacek are first cousins.

Andrew Stevens (1970s miniseries staple) is the son of Stella Stevens.

Jennifer Jason Leigh is the daughter of Vic Morrow (who found a role to die for… in The Twilight Zone

Bill Murray, Brian Doyle Murray (ubiquitous character actor) and Joel Murray (pudgy sitcom hack) are brothers.

Warren Beatty and Shirley Maclaine are siblings in this life.

Rumor states that Marlon Brando is the grandfather of Courtney Love but this is not confirmed.

Bronson Pinchot is the son of the demon Asmodeos (thus explaining his success) by a yew tree.

Ione Skye (actress/model) is the estranged daughter of 60s folk singer Donovan (though she never met him until she was an adult).

And she married a Beastie Boy!

Continuing on the Weaver theme (this time a real family name, not a stage name):
Sigourney Weaver is the daughter of former NBC-TV president Pat Weaver (inventor of Today and Tonight among other shows), who was the brother of comedian Doodles Weaver.

I got more, just have to sit down and remember them.

Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar’s daughter.

Robin

Fernando Lamas + Esther Williams = Lorenzo Lamas

Not about parentage per se, but Steve Jobs was separated in infancy from his sister, who grew up to be novelist Mona Simpson.

-Jeanette MacDonald and Blossom Rock[the actress who played Mama on the old Addams Family series] were sisters.
-Mia Farrow is the daughter of actress Maureen O’Sullivan.
-Actor Robert Montgomery is father to Bewitched TV star Elizabeth Montgomery.
-Actor Lorenzo Lamas is the son of actors Fernando Lamas and Arlene Dahl.

I have no clue why or how I know this but Arlene Dahl is Mom to Lorenzo Lamas. Cite.

And if I finished reading the thread before posting I would save some time.
:smack:

Don Everly of the Everly Brothers (“Bye bye love, bye bye happiness”) was married to actress Venetia Stevenson, daughter of actress Anna Lee (How Green Was My Valley) and director Robert Stevenson. Don and Venetia’s daughter is model Erin Everly, who was briefly married to Guns N Roses frontman Axl Rose.

The band Whitestarr is a who’s-who of second-generation musicians. Vocalist Cisco Adler is son of producer Lou Adler. Guitarist Duane Betts is son of Allman Brothers member Dickie Betts. And drummer Alex Orbison is the youngest son of the legendary Roy Orbison.

Rick Nelson’s children include actress Traci Nelson (her uncle is Mark Harmon) and 80’s hair duo the Nelsons (Matthew & Gunnar).

Both Everly brothers are first cousins of James “Roscoe P. Coltrane” Best (who is also one of the D List celebrities harassed by Bonnie Lee Baklee before she met Robert Blake).

Ozzie & Harriet begat Rick(y) Nelson, whose oldest sons are the twin group Nelson, daughter is actress Tracy Nelson, and whose youngest child Sam (with wife Kristin Harmon) was reared by former sexiest-man-alive Mark Harmon and wife Pam Dawber (Kristin’s brother & sister-in-law) due to Rick’s death and Kristin’s emotional problems and substance abuse after a nasty custody trial. (Harmon & Dawber won’t be remembered for their great acting but by all accounts they’re exceptionally nice and non-Hollywood people.)

Colin Hanks (Orange County) is the son of Tom Hanks, who is a direct-descendant of Abraham Lincoln’s maternal grandfather.

Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn are direct descendants of Declaration of Independence signer Edward Rutledge (probably best remembered as the character who sings “Molasses to Rum to Slaves” in 1776); Hawn’s family is still South Carolina aristocracy and her father is actually named Rutherford Hawn. Jack Cole (Dynasty) is a descendant of Benjamin Franklin.

It is now official that Loretta Young’s “adopted” daughter Judy Lewis was in fact her biological daughter with Clark Gable. At the time of Judy’s birth Young was unmarried and an illegitimate child would have destroyed her career. Even as a very old lady Loretta denied the claim, but finally admitted it shortly before her death (though she disinherited Judy from her multimillion dollar estate for going public with the fact). Loretta’s sister Georgiana (herself a former actress) is Mrs. Ricardo Montalban (with whom Loretta lived when she became infirm).

David Johnson was a very well known AIDS and gay rights activist and was the son of Russell Johnson (“the Professor” from Gilligan’s Island).

Miguel Ferrer is the son of Rosemary Clooney & Jose Ferrer (who was also married to legendary acting coach Uta Hagen) and first cousin of George Clooney. Another of Rosemary’s Babies married Debbie Boone, daughter of Pat & granddaughter of Red Foley.

Around my father Three’s Company was always known as “that show where Tex Ritter’s boy plays queer”.