Wickedly Perfect 1/20 -- SPOILERS

Argh! I set the VCR to tape the second half so I could switch over to my first love, The Apprentice – and set it for the wrong channel. (Doesn’t that seem more like an ABC show than an NBC show to you? Isn’t Joan Lunden on ABC? How confused am I?)

They were just getting ready for the appearance of the judges when I changed channels – who won? and who went home?

The

crafty beavers lost. Mykael was voted off.

Personally I thought the results were a gimmee since they clearly did not like the food the winning side served.

that really sucks that Mychael got eliminated.

This show would have been great if they let the judges eliminate the contestants. That way the talented people stay on. We already have too much of this old stale formula. Where the least talented feel threatened by the most talented, then conspire to get rid of the real players. I’m sick of the UTR players conniving there way to winning instead of just playing the game the way its intended to be.

Thats why I love the whole concept of “Project Runway”, the more talented designers and models are sticking around longer because its the judges who are choosing who is the most talented and who is the least talented. In turn its then the designers who then choose the models that will help win their design in the competition.

I would have like to see Mychael stay on and then have the team members switch roles so that we can see what other talents they have.

Wickedly Perfect has the right concept but are using an “old and tried” formula. Too bad now we’ll be stuck with the likes of Amy and Heather.

EhhMon – I agree with you on having the judges voting people out. The producers kind of moved in that direction by having the judges pick the two least successful individual projects. That’s something I really enjoy, seeing the individual projects and the fact that the judges vote without knowing who did what. (Who lost that, BTW?)

OTOH, given that the challenges are all team challenges, at least at this point – how would the judges figure out who was most at fault in any given loss? They see the gestalt of the final presentation, but don’t know who did what part of the project.

The two least successful projects belonged to Mychael (a survival kit in a handsewn camo pouch) and Heather (a photo album with bark glued on the cover).

Mitch is too smug for my liking.

The thing which continues to boggle my mind is the “Oh, that never occurred to us” factor, especially considering the fact that they are being JUDGED.
Last week, one team failed to save any appetizers for the judge who arrived late. In my book, that is forgivable at a real dinner party (especially if the appetizers were not arranged on individual plates), but unforgivably stupid at one where you know that youare being judged. Also, one team all seemed to need to be in the kitchen while their guests were sitting far apart at the table.

This week, one team didn’t bother to make their beds and expressed surprise that the judges wanted to view the sleeping area. Hello! If I were camping with a group of people like that, I’d take a little more care with my sleeping area on the assumption that the judges might want to investigate. I’m not sure I’d worry about the visual impact a whole lot- because that’s not my thing(which is why I wouldn’t be on the show- aside from the whole I’m not a reality TV contestant) but I’d at least make sure things were neat.

And two of the three weeks, I’ve been disappointed with who got voted off on the grounds that the person with more personality, flair and style-making talent got voted off for not playing well with others.

You should know him in real life. Smug ain’t the half of it.

Tell all!

Well, since he has been back in Chicago from the show he has managed to alienate a wide circle of people who were once friendly with him. Always has been a bit overdramatic and desperately needs to be the center of attention.
I could go on and on, but after knowing him for several years it would be a bit tiresome to relive it.

Suffice it to say, I’d never go into business with him and expect to see any of the investment back.

Of course, he does have redeeming qualities as well and definite talent. Just not as much as he seems to think at times.