I'm so mad I could spit

Lesson number one about using public computers, boys and girls: Don’t leave your workstation unattended so the loony who sits next to you every day can use your username to make you and your religion look monstrous. He’ll pretend to be you and post junk like this:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=298696

I’ve learned my lesson; I’ll never sit next to him again. I’d really appreciate if the mods would close that thread.

I advise emailing the moderators in that forum.

I reported this post so it will come to attention right away.

Definitely email mods, now.

Sarah, are you saying that all of the posts by Sarah W in that thread were written by a non-muslim?

It sure wasn’t me.
Info about me:

Name: Sarah Wagner

Hobbies: Writing, jigsaw puzzling.

Family: Dad, Mom, two sisters, both younger than me. We couldn’t be closer.

There is a certain 5-letter word that jumps to mind… that and frightened by reaction and trying to hide.

Damn simulpost - apologies Sarah, didn’t see yours untiL I had already submitted mine.

Don’t take this badly, we welcome all here (really!) but fundamentalists of any stripe tend to have a rough time here.

Oh, and if you ever want to get into a real talk about Islam on this board, I am sure you will find many many people willing to talk to you honestly and openly, myself included. But you might want to pick a different username! :slight_smile:

So what happened? Did this guy find out your password somehow? It seems strange that someone could pull off an eight page thread over several days without the real screen name owner realizing it. I guess weirder things have happened though…

Was any part of that thread yours or did the mystery man do the whole thing?

Haj

Looks like the other thread has been deleted, and Sarah has only the posts in this one. Why did you log on to the boards, if not to create a post? I’d appreciate an explanation, though I suspect I know it already.

Daniel

I don’t think we’re ever going to find out the truth, although I think GomiBoy nailed it in his first post.

I came back and caught him doing it. I should have had enough sense to lock the computer while I wasn’t there. Well, at least I learned my lesson.

There’s all kinds of crap in my mailbox, too. This sucks.

You don’t need to lock your computer, just sign out of straight dope when you leave. He can’t post under your name if he doesn’t know your password.

Are you going to report this to your boss?

Yeah, I’m definitely reporting this to the librarians.

That’d be super. Can I do that.

Just to make sure I’m in the clear on this:

The thread in question was the “Ask a Muslim Woman…” thread, right?

And does that mean, SarahW that the posts by “you” in that thread were forged and that you are not a Muslim?

Zev Steinhardt

I am not a mod, but this would seem to me to be a trivial exercise; others have done it…

E-mail TubaDiva: tubadiva@aol.com

Do NOT re-register.

Can you explain to us why you created an account here in the first place, if it wasn’t to post? My apologies if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty skeptical of this.

Daniel