Worst Examples of Miscasting

If Mickey Rooney had been chosen to portray Jesus Christ, some would say that it was not the right part for him to play.
Peter Lorre as Mr. Moto and Warner Oland as Charley Chan are some real examples of miscasting, neither one of them being Asians.
How many more examples are there? (Thousands??)

I thought we’d settled this a long time ago. For anyone who came in late…

The Conqueror, John Wayne, Genghis Khan

Sorry, I would have something to post here, but I’m still laughing hysterically at the thought of Mickey Rooney playing Jesus Christ.

George Clooney as Batman

Tom Cruise in nearly everything

These seem like pretty good examples of miscasting.

I’d say the worst examples of miscasting would include Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs or Dustin Hoffman in Rainman. :wink:

This might be a bit off topic, but why, in the 50s, were so many older men cast in younger roles. In other words one sees high school students who look as though they’re in their thirties and a great many husbands looking way older than their wives. Sorry I can’t cite a specific example. It just seems rather common in old movies.

Jennifer Lopez in that um… Jennifer Lopez movie

Keanu Reeves in any portrayal of a breathing human being.

The entire cast of Grease ???

Sofia Coppola, Godfather III.

Ben Affleck, c.v.

Keanu Reeves as John Constantine (should have been Ewan McGregor, Paul Bettany, Jude Law, or if they had to go with an American, Kiefer Sutherland).

Halle Berry as Catwoman.

Halle Berry as Storm in the X-Men movies.

Ben Affleck as Daredevil. (Notice a trend developing?)

Maybe you should just stick to the comics :slight_smile:

Everyone in Daredevil was miscast… Affluck is a given, Oliver Platt ssoooOoo should have been Foggy Nelson, and Jennifer Gerner is not Elektra, and given his lackluster performance I really don’t see what the big deal with Michael Clarke Duncan as Wilson Fiske was supposed to be…

How about all those idiot Hollywood starlets as PhD’s, from Tara Reid in Alone in the Dark back through Daryl Hannah in Roxanne?

Seconded. A lot.

Paul Bettany would have made a *fantastic *John Constantine, I think, and not only because he’s blond, British, and in possession of a working brain.

Charlton Heston as a Mexican cop in the otherwise flawless Touch of Evil.

Charlton Heston as Moses in The Ten Commandments.

Charlton Heston as Ben Hur in Ben Hur.

Charlton Heston as Marc Antony in Antony and Cleopatra, and again in Julius Caesar.

Charlton Heston as Michelangelo in The Agony and The Ecstasy.

Charlton Heston as El Cid, in El Cid.

Charlt…

Actually, Charlton Heston as anything but a smug American, really.

Kyle MacLachlan - Paul Usul Muad’Dib Atreides

Spencer Tracy, Ingrid Bergman and Lana Turner as Londoners in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Personally, I thought Jon Favreau as Foggy was the best casting choice in the movie. I genuinely enjoyed every scene he appeared in, and I liked how he made us feel how much he cared about Matt, and what a loyal friend he was to him. I thought Joey Pants was an interesting pick for Ben Urich, and would have liked to see more of him as well. Also, Colin Farrell was good fun as Bullseye, but his “look” was absolutely horrible. He was having a good time and I liked his take on the character, but I cringed every time we had to look at his target-carved chrome-dome.

There’s also the not Asian Mickey Rooney as Mr. Yunioshi in Breakfast at Tiffanys… although, for some reason I don’t mind the not East Indian Peter Sellers playing Hrundi V. Bakshi in The Party.

Some “meh” casting… Jack Nicholson as The Joker in Batman (James Woods would have been much better).
On the other hand Nicholson would have made a waaaaay better Kurtz than fatso Brando in Apocalypse Now.

Sign me up as yet another that absolutely hates the idea of Keanu Reeves playing John Constantine.