My neighbor's dog is being raped.

I’m pretty sure she’s not in heat. There hasn’t been any male dogs comming around, although there are several in the neighborhood. And I would know, since her idiot owner’s have her chained to a tree, directly in front of my backdoor. She’s also, nowhere near being grown. I know they don’t have to be full-grown, but she’s a Black Lab and smaller than my Cocker Spaniel.

The dog that’s on her, is a known trouble maker. The only time his owners pay attention to where he is and what he’s doing, is when they have to spring him from the pound. She’s not a very happy puppy right now. :frowning: And my dog is upset because she’s his little friend. I have him inside, but he can see the action through the door. He’s crying as much as she is.

My husband was going to run him off, but they’re already stuck.

I’m sorry. I don’t know if this is traumatic for a dog as it would be for a human being, but it can’t be much fun.

While the owners of the boy dog deserve a good talking-to, probably the most productive thing to do is tell the owners of the female dog about the situation and hope they do something to keep her safe. Maybe that seems obvious, but I don’t know what other advice to give here, since IANAL.

Get your husband to turn the hose on them. That’s supposed to break them up.

I thought this was going to be one of those stories like the one where the two gay guys were convinced that someone was breaking into their house and so they set up a camera. They were then horrified to witness the kid next door coming in and raping their dog!

But it turns out its regular dog-on-dog action. So just think, it could be worse.

Depending on how quickly animal control responds, this might be a good time to call them. The male dog isn’t going anywhere for a little while.

Also, inform your neighbors… they should know their little girl has been violated if they aren’t home to see it. Of course if they are negligent enough to leave her chained up to a tree unsupervised they aren’t getting a whole lot of credit as concerned pet owners from me.

If the male dog got into a successful tie, chances are that she is going through her first heat.

I’d tell the owners, and have them take her to the vet ASAP. There are morning-after meds for dogs, too.

Poor little dog. The hose thing seems to work most of the time, unless the male is particularly aggressive. Still, I don’t understand why they have the poor little bitch chained to a tree :frowning:

Has anyone turned the hose on them yet?

Dang, I also meant to say that I hope the situation resolved itself by now…

It just dawned on me that I have heard of plenty of cases where two dogs in a tie actually DID end up stuck. Literally. Bitches can end up severely “damaged” from such a thing. Poor little gal.

They didn’t stay stuck long, maybe there won’t be puppies. Male dog, slunk back home. Puppy is sleeping in the sun.

I’m sure if this is an urban legend, someone will tell me, but…

My grandmother, who was a dog breeder for many, many years said that the hose thing is a bad idea - the male’s penis swells when in the bitch, and if he quickly pulls it out (because of the hose) he can really damage her insides.

I’ve never tried it, so I have no first hand experience.

like most male mammals - but not humans - it’s got a bone inside it and that’s why you can do damage to them forcibly separating them.
Sounds like the owners don’t care whether she gets knocked up anyway.

::::::snicker:::::::::::::::

Her “date” came back at 2:30 this morning. She was a little more tolerant, but just as vocal. Did I mention that she’s chained about 20’ from my bedroom window?

This is true.

hillbilly queen, did you talk to your neighbors about what you saw yesterday? I hope they do something to handle it.

Consult a veterinarian.
FYI It is called spaying and can be done immediately if the puppy is about 3 to 4 months old.

:eek: Seriously?

I never wondered about this, but do vets perform abortions on dogs and cats? Or would they rather spay a dog with a (possible or confirmed) unwanted pregnancy?

There is a hormone shot that can be given to induce a miscarriage in dogs.

A vet could (and imho, should) suggest a spay instead if the owners never want pups.

We haven’t been able to catch the owners at home. But, as of this afternoon, she has been moved elsewhere. Maybe inside the garage. So it’s possible the owners saw what was going on lastnight.

They can do either one, depending on whether the owner wants the dog or cat to be able to breed again or not.