Boyd Coddington/Chip Foose feud?

I was watching American Hot Rod tonight and one of the guys in the shop decided to take a job with Chip Foose’s team. Boyd got totally bent out of shape and the censor probably got finger cramps covering his anger.

Apparently, Boyd and Chip had a major falling out in the past.

I’ve seen shows with both guys and Boyd strikes me as a controlling, manipulative jerk while Chip seems to be an easier going, amiable guy.

Does anybody know what started the feud?

As best I recall the episode, Chip had been Boyd’s body man at one time, but left. Boyd then reacted as he usually does in such circumstances, with juvenile rage.

p.s. (slight hijack) how about we campaign to get the MTV people off of Highjackin’ and make it all Foose, all the time - the man is incredible.

I don’t know if you’re familiar with Overhaulin , but Chip Foose is the team leader and just does some amazing work on those cars. One of my favorite car-type shows.

Glad I’m not the only one. Only saw the show a few times, but I wonder how much money he pays those guys to put up with his crap. Juvenile is a kind word describing Boyd.

His wife kinda reminds me of Marilyn Chambers…

I wonder how much of Boyd’s bullshit is for the camera?

If this guy is like this 24-7, he should sleep in a casket because his heart gonna pop one day.

Nothing seems to please this jerk.

While his cars seem to be well made, he doesn’t seem to have much range. How many more '55-'57 Chevys and '32-'34 Ford hot rods do we need?

At least Foose takes a shot on more “mundane” cars on Overhaulin’.

Holy crap. Of course that’s the show I was talking about. :smack:

HipHopStubbleFace and EyeMakeupSpokeswoman must die.

must use preview button

Eh…the girl is good eye candy…she looks very good in those jeans…so I’ll put up with her…:wink:

The difference between American Hot Rod and American Chopper is that almost all the people on American Chopper are not only interesting to watch, but you can actually like them.

The people on American Hot Rod are jerks. I can’t stand the show for this reason. When Paul Sr. rips into someone, you know that in the next second he’s just as likely to take them on a vacation or go bowling with them or something. It’s just bombast, but underneath it there’s a good heart. The people on American Hot Rod are just mean to each other. Bleh.

Hey, if she wants to follow Chip around in the wardrobe of ***my * ** choosing, that’s fine. I just hate her wasting my time jabbering in white hiphop about something that either speaks for itself or is better left unsaid, and hurting my ears with her scratchy voice.