Scam the Boardgame

Have any of you ever heard of a boardgame called Scam? The game concerned drug smuggling, and was popular in the 1970s. I am trying to find a copy to buy. If anyone knows where I might acquire one, or has even ever heard of the game, let me know.

I have already looked everywhere I can think of on the internet, but if you have any ideas in that area, spit those out too.

Thanks guys. By the way, my mom seems to think it was indigenous to the Portland, OR area.

Never heard of it. But have you tried Ebay? They sell real drugs there, so why not games about drug sales? I swear to God I don’t know how Ebay keeps the feds from shutting them down.

Yep…tried ebay. And every search engine I could think of, as well as their category searches and shopping features.

sorry…I am sorta desperate…and on a mission now that I can’t find it easily

You may have already tried this, but posting a query over here might do some good.

Never heard of it. Are you sure it wasn’t named something else, like Score?

[hijack]Diceman,
They sell real drug on ebay?? How do they do it and get
away with it? What you just search for crack or something?
[/hijack]

I know nothing about the OP.

When I went on Ebay a while ago, I typed in “smack” and got something like 50 matches that were obviously illegal drugs. I think Ebay has a robo-censor that looks for words like “crack” and “marijuana”, so the drug sellers use street names and other terms that will slip by the filtering program. Obviously, this is probably a cat-and-mouse game between Ebay and the druggies. I suspect that this will get Ebay shut down one of these days.

Forgive me for being skeptical Diceman, but I did a search on ebay for “smack” and got 64 hits. None of the items for sale look like drugs to me. Could you provide a link to one that is? It seems to me that ebay is pretty careful about shutting down illegal auctions pretty fast.

Ditto. And if you search for marijuana just products made from hemp etc. comes up. So i don’t know about that robocensor either.

Mentock: my parents were pretty sure about it being called Scam. They said it even came in a tube that resembled a joint. I guess they bought it at a headshop somewhere.

As for Ebay. I searched for Marijuana when searching for this game and had no trouble getting responses, none of which were for the drug itself. So unless those shirts,etc. for sale are a little more potent than hemp…

DMarie: I posted on the link you provided…here’s hoping! crossing fingers

My brother and I just found our scam game from the 70s in storage We spent many an hour back in the day really having a blast playing this we are going to refurbish it and make copies. If interrsted let me know and perhaps we can make a deal

You just responded to a 12 year old post. The person asking has probably moved on.

The person who started this thread last posted in 2001, so I doubt he will see this. In any case, if you wish to sell something here I suggest you purchase a membership, which will allow you to post in our Marketplace forum.

I’m going to close this thread.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator