The Briston Baby Pool!

Posted with mod permission – thanks Cajun Man!

As you may be aware, kittenlm and I are expecting our first child this Autumn (WOOHOO!). As inkleberry requested back in this thread, we’ve set up a Baby Pool to give you a shot at guessing gender, height and weight. No entry fee, no prizes (well, maybe some prizes), just some good 'ol fashioned bragging rights.

Here’s the way this works: Once the baby is born, we’ll be tabulating your guesses and assigning points according to how accurate you were. The lower your score, the better. You receive points as follows:

Incorrect gender: 400 points
Birth date & time: 5 points per hour you were off.
Weight: 5 points per ounce you were off.
Length: 10 points per inch you were off.

Got the rules down? Good. Now then, a few facts to assist you in making your pick:
[ul]
[li]The projected due date is November 25th (Turkey Time!)[/li][li]We do not know the baby’s gender, nor are we finding out (errr…until (s)he is born, of course)[/li][li]Hal’s side of the family leans heavily towards producing boys, while kittenlm’s side favors girls[/li][li]At birth, Hal weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19".[/li][li]At birth, kittenlm weighed 5 lbs., 2 oz. and was 20.5".[/li][li]There is no planned C-section at this time.[/li][li]You can take a look at ultrasound pictures here.[/li][li]You can see a progression of kittenlm’s belly growth here.[/li][/ul]
Got it? Good…now then…place your guess or view other’s guesses. Good luck!

Awwwwww - your view other people’s guesses form doesn’t update automatically…

:frowning:

No, it doesn’t (yet)…I’ve managed to learn php forms, but not how to get them to automatically update (yet).

S’ok, though…I’m keeping a close eye on the submission box. Thanks for the entries so far, all!

I’ve placed my order!
So, it should arrive by the time and date I specified, right?
Modern medicine is a trip, I tell you what!
It even lets you pick the gender. :eek:

Pssst! Hal, check your disclaimer at the bottom of the pick page…unless there’s an evil alliance going on that I wasn’t aware of. :wink:

Hey hey hey, you screwed up my pick! I said “7 oz, 12 lb” but you wrote down “12 lb, 7 oz!”

Cheater!
Hal’s riggin’ the pool!!

Wait…who am I complaining to? :dubious: :stuck_out_tongue:

<snrk!>…thanks for catching that typo, harmless. I nearly spilled the beans on my upcoming takeover.

As for you, lno, it’s folks like you that’re gonna force me to change that line to a drop-down selector box listing out all the possible lbs/oz combos. Now keep quiet or I’ll assign number values to your other submission…you’ll wind up posting a 5-digit score. :slight_smile:

18 lb., 13 oz., 32" long.

Pray to Og I lose… :slight_smile:

Pray to Og that kittenlm doesn’t catch you and throttle you for making a guess like that. Of course, she’s entering the “waddling” stage, so she’s pretty easy to outrun right now.

Hmmm…I’d better pray to Og that she don’t read this post.

Hide the Buddhas. :eek:

Now wouldn’t that be wonderfuly ironic? Beaten to death with a Buddha. Heh…

I’m in!
BTW, what are the fabulous prizes that the Briston Clan will bestow upon the winner with no expenses spared?
:slight_smile:

I suspect the right to feed, water and clothe the child for the next 18 years. They’ll take care of the college expenses. Isn’t that nice?

I would not use the w word to describe a pregnant woman if I were you. :wink:

The proper term is glowing when describing the overall state of being and glidding when describing how she moves.

I say girl, 11/27, 7:22 a.m., 6"14 pounds and 20 in.

One quick question. Do you know exactly on what date she conceived and whether it was on the day she ovulated or the day or two afterwards?

Well, there was bow-chicka-bown-bow five, three and one day(s) before ovulation, and twice the day after. As unlikely as it may be, I remember laying in bed after the five-days-before session, and thinking “Oh, you so just got pregnant”. Of course, that would make it a girl, which I don’t think that it is, so who the hell knows.

One other thing. If you hadn’t have asked me that question, then I wouldn’t have has this thread on screen when kitten was in the room, and she wouldn’t have seen the post above yours. Therefore, biddee, I’m holding you responsible for the megaphone-level “I DON’T WADDLE!!!” that I just received. :stuck_out_tongue:

According to my girlfriend, who learnt from her mother’s friend, the Midwife, it looks like it’s gonna be a girl. Then again…

MAX DANGER MCLAUGHLIN!

::INSERT EXPLOSIVE SOUND EFFECTS::

<Sigh…>

I’ve been trying, man…really, really trying. For some reason, the woman simply will not budge on the issue.

Fine then. She can explain to the kid when he gets older why he doesn’t have the coolest name in history.

I’m in.

There should be at least some punch and pie for the winner.

I’m so sorry :(…one word of caution, pregnant women will fly off the handle at anything! Don’t take it personally :smiley: